PDA

View Full Version : Worst / Best NFL Stadium...

gr8slayer
04-04-2012, 10:46 PM
I'm curious... based on the games you've attended, who has the worst and who has the best NFL stadium?

Skooby
04-04-2012, 10:58 PM
I'm curious... based on the games you've attended, who has the worst and who has the best NFL stadium?

Urinals at the Ralph are by far the worst I've ever seen at any event, football or not. It's almost like cattle being loaded into the chute & you know the **** is about to hit the fan, horrible.

Miami stadium box suites are gorgeous, the hooters box is actually a double box & I use it once a season unless the game is later in the season (then i'll sit outside).

Footnote- Tampa stadium's stairs are very narrow, it swallows several people between quarters without delay. It's amazing to see drunken people pop right back up afte the fall, also like a limber guy doing a rolling fall (unreal).

more cowbell
04-04-2012, 11:22 PM
Qualcomm stadium is the worst stadium in any professional sport.

VeggieMan14
04-04-2012, 11:36 PM
The old Meadowlands... absolutely terrible... not a fan of FedEx or The Ravens stadium either... Heinz field was ok but Buffalo was by far the best both tailgating and experience wise... of course I guess I'm partial

bosshogg21
04-05-2012, 02:13 AM
The new giants stadium is absolutely amazing and a great tailgate. Fed ex was the most lifeless and boring stadium. Ravens have little to no tailgate because its kinda inner city. I'm partial to buffalo but the experience is amazing. It definitely needs some major upgrades though.

Jersey1031
04-05-2012, 05:29 AM
Agree with the above as far as the new and old meadowlands, and buffalo. Arrowhead had great tailgating and wow does that place get deafeningly loud!

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-05-2012, 06:09 AM
I have only been to two other pro stadiums, if you are counting college, Notre Dame and Michigan stadiums were the best.

Jacksonville - pretty boring and basic, plus it was like 100 degrees and humid.

Patriots when it was Foxboro - That place was horrible. It was such a dumphole. Plus, it was 1989 and the parking was $25 a mile away. The few Patriots fan in the stadium were actually cool.

Night Train
04-05-2012, 06:23 AM
Miami's stadium. Out in the middle of nowhere. Sun just bakes you. No landscaping or appeal at all.

Historian
04-05-2012, 06:40 AM
The old Vet in Philly. Terrible.

The old Orange Bowl in Miami was cool.

dannyek71
04-05-2012, 07:29 AM
Urinals at the Ralph are by far the worst I've ever seen at any event, football or not. It's almost like cattle being loaded into the chute & you know the **** is about to hit the fan, horrible.

It is awkward when I go and notice a that a Patriots fan has brought a lawn chair and popcorn and is hanging out at the end of the trough.

dannyek71
04-05-2012, 07:30 AM
The old Vet in Philly. Terrible.

The old Orange Bowl in Miami was cool.

How did they compare to the Colosseum in its prime?

dannyek71
04-05-2012, 07:30 AM
Jacksonville - pretty boring and basic, plus it was like 100 degrees and humid.

Jacksonville could be great, it's just that nobody is there to see it.

trapezeus
04-05-2012, 08:35 AM
what are you basing it on? experience? ralph is in top 5. actual structure and amentities, we are in the bottom 5.

I like the older stadiums that put a premium on sitting near the field.

but i agree on the new meadowlands. it's really well designed. 4 jumbotrons for everyone. the section i sit in the ralph has a general box area with food and several options as well as indoor seating. I think that's nice for casual fans and hard core fans who's hands are freezing during half time. they have sushi in there. as well as anything else you can think of. they have a winery with jets labeled wine. It's pretty nice when you go as a casual fan of football. it's a huge distraction if you are die hard.

dannyek71
04-05-2012, 08:48 AM
they have a winery with jets labeled wine

They have grape orchards in NJ?

whkfc
04-05-2012, 08:59 AM
Pontiac silverdome was a dump as was the RCA dome. Miami was ok the landscaping point is a good one. I could see for ever from the top of the upper deck. Pheonix was very nice. And i love Ford field.

justasportsfan
04-05-2012, 08:59 AM

it was good enough for a couple to have sexy time during a game.

trapezeus
04-05-2012, 09:01 AM
They have grape orchards in NJ?

i think it's just a random CA winery that paid for the logo. i don't think it's local to the area. they had a sampling at the game i went to. it's exactly as it sounds. wine from a jet.

Historian
04-05-2012, 09:06 AM
How did they compare to the Colosseum in its prime?

I've never seen a game in Los Angeles...

THATHURMANATOR
04-05-2012, 09:21 AM
Been to 4 away games.

Cincy's stadium is very nice - Tailgate is kinda lame because there are no lots but still had a good time.

Miami's stadium is ok - I also had a fantastic time tailgating because we were there wil like 50 people. The Miami fans though were the lamest I have ever seen.

San Diego's stadium is old and crappy. Tailgating was better than the other 2 though.

Pittsburgh's old stadium - Of course was old and terrible but the fans were going nuts and all jumping on the temporary seats and it was literally bouncing. Pretty cool even if I hate their guts. Their tailgate is non existant though.

The Ralph - Best of the best for tailgaiting and pre game fun. Game watching experience is also great as you are right on top of the field. I don't give to ****s about scoreboards or them pumping in gay ass **** like LMFAO. Now the bathroom situation is bull****. I don't even care about the troths either but the fact that there are not nearly enough bathrooms causes me to nearly piss my pants every single game.

tampabay25690
04-05-2012, 09:33 AM
Tampa---Beautiful stadium lots of decor but quite boring they don't know how to tailgate at all.....But a nice place to watch a game.

Miami---Its OK, not great not bad yea its out in the middle of knowhere but thats where alot of stadiums are anyway.

Jax--It's ok as well, not great not bad but nothing to wirtite home about. I like that its right next to the river area and in there mid town area.

Cleveland (old stadium)--- dump but a fun place, I like the fact that Cleveland has the stadiums right near water and in downtown area....

Carolina---Nice stadium, right midtown the tailgatting was awful there since it was downtown, to many little lots all around. Also very expensive for tickets because of the Fees they charge for Season tix holders.

Buffalo----Well what can you say best tailgate experience anywhere, bathroom situation is awful there. But a great place to watch a game.....

ublinkwescore
04-05-2012, 10:50 AM
the only stadium I've been to was the oakland raiders back in 1995. not sure what to think about it because I've never been to any others

Mski
04-05-2012, 11:32 AM
Qualcomm is by far the worst... not sure about the best, i would guess it would be a toss up between the new meadowlands, and coboys stadium

ds1724
04-05-2012, 11:33 AM
I've only been to..
Buffalo
Tampa
Miami
Jacksonville

I love the experience at the Ralph while in the seats...that part of the stadium is NICE. I actually love the Rockpile and it's steel benches. But the stadium looks god awful from the outside and the tunnels are atrocious. The food & beverage areas and restrooms all need to be redone too. Basically, gut the tunnels and start over, give the outside a makeover so it doesn't look so ghetto.

Miami is terrible....the stadium sucks as it's the wrong shape since it's a baseball stadium. You're too far from the field in the closest seats. Plus there are no fans there.

Tampa's decent, no complaints...Jacksonville, same thing. Decent stadium. No fans.

OpIv37
04-05-2012, 12:04 PM
I've been to Buffalo, Washington, Baltimore.

In terms of the actual stadiums (not tailgating/game day experience), Balt is by far the best. The seats are steep so even the nosebleeds aren't too far from the field, they have two nice jumbotrons on either end of the field, the sound system is great and they have TV's all through the concourse (by the restrooms, concessions, etc).

FedEx is the worst. It's generic, the jumbotrons suck, the speakers are loud and low-quality, their in-game gimmicks during TV time-outs makes the Rochester Amerks gimmicks seem high-class, and the parking/transportation situation is horrendous.

Buffalo's on-the field experience, with the ribbon bars and jumbotron, is great, plus you can get tickets close to the field for a reasonable price (relatively speaking). The sound system is lacking, however, and the amenities in the stadium aren't up to par. I really hate the beer stands and other concessions that they just shoved in the middle of the walkways because of lack of other space. It jams up all the foot traffic.

In terms of tailgating, Buffalo is arguably #1 in the NFL and definitely top 3, but that has very little to do with the stadium itself. The only reason the stadium helps with that is because it's in the middle of nowhere, which facilitates good tailgating. City stadiums usually don't have the tailgating because there's just no space.

alnilla
04-05-2012, 12:25 PM
Not sure why everyone is hating on the bathrooms at the Ralph?? With that being said Bengals club house blows. They still have projection tvs. No where to watch a sunday ticket. San Diego stadium just blows from all the earthquakes and that.

tampabay25690
04-05-2012, 01:58 PM
Not sure why everyone is hating on the bathrooms at the Ralph?? With that being said Bengals club house blows. They still have projection tvs. No where to watch a sunday ticket. San Diego stadium just blows from all the earthquakes and that.

Bathrooms are awful thats why most are complaining

ServoBillieves
04-05-2012, 02:18 PM
Qualcomm just felt dirty... I enjoyed the Bills Backers tailgate this year though.

Bank of America is a gorgeous field, unless you get the nosebleed section, where you feel like you're going to fall back at some point and the steps are incredibly small.

I can't stand Heinz Field... it's too flashy and the fans are just... just awful. Now that being said, Three Rivers Stadium was awesome for both football and baseball.

Lincoln Financial Field is really nice, but when I was wearing my Lynch jersey with then-girlfriend wearing a Westbrook, I was called terrible things. Terrible fans and bad tailgate too.

I've always wanted to go to Arrowhead, so far (other than the Ralph) everyone says it's incredible atmosphere

alnilla
04-05-2012, 03:13 PM

What you guys want marble floors and a gold urinal??

Buffalogic
04-05-2012, 03:50 PM
Come to az this year the stadium is amazing and there are grass fields outside to throw the ball around. It's a lot of fun

BillyT92679
04-05-2012, 05:34 PM
I love the Ralph, but it's definitely showing its age. Needs its concourses widened, new bathrooms. It used to look cooler before the remodel actually... had football helmet decals surrounding the entire stadium. Now just looks utilitarian and old. The restroom towers, although necessary, frame the stadium oddly. Plus it just looks different. Most stadia today are super tall and not wide. The Ralph, built for football only in the 70s and built INTO an old quarry, is really wide, and not tall relative to ground level. Still it is very nice.

M and T Bank Stadium is gorgeous. Was on the field there years ago. Just classy like Oriole Park is.

Been next to the Linc though not in it as I went to a Phillies game. Looks amazing.

Heinz Field I've been outside and not in. Didn't do anything for me. Kind of ugly with all the gold/yellow seats. PNC Park is pretty.

The worst stadium I've ever been in was RFK Stadium in Washington. Just atrocious. Saw a Nats game there. Cannot imagine what a Skins game would look like there. Sightlines were abysmal (though you did get a panoramic view of DC which was cool). Stadium was ugly and derelict.

gr8slayer
04-05-2012, 05:56 PM
Mine in order from best to worst.
1. Seattle
2. Tennesee
3. Buffalo
4. Tampa Bay
5. Houston
6. Arizona
7. Dallas... sadly a season ticket holder, place sucks.

tatersalad
04-05-2012, 06:00 PM
Was at Cowboy Stadium last year versus the Bills that thing was amazing

BillsFanInNM
04-05-2012, 09:24 PM
Was at Cowboy Stadium last year versus the Bills that thing was amazing

I was there as well. Bathrooms were nice, but the cheap seats were uncomfortable as hell lol.

THATHURMANATOR
04-05-2012, 09:43 PM
Come to az this year the stadium is amazing and there are grass fields outside to throw the ball around. It's a lot of fun
OMG grass fields???? :thurm2:

Skooby
04-05-2012, 10:29 PM

Prisoners use better bathrooms in Mexico on average, it's terrible.

Mr. Pink
04-05-2012, 11:55 PM
Worst stadium - Cleveland Municipal Stadium. The old one. Dump doesn't begin to describe that place, then again it was built in the 30s. Bathrooms had troughs to piss in, that tended to overflow later in the games. Stairs up were narrow, seats were uncomfortable and you could have had the privilege of getting a seat that was directly behind a huge POLE. For baseball that wasn't a big deal as you could move around and sit wherever but football, the stadium was packed and you weren't watching much if any of the actual game. The dog pound was a cool idea as it was close to the field and was bleachers.

Best - Houston Reliant Stadium...mainly because it's new.

I'd put the Ralph somewhere halfway in between the two of these...it's not a dump but it's not great either.

more cowbell
04-06-2012, 01:35 AM
AZ's stadium is world class...it's cool too because every team that plays the Cardinals is playing a home game.

SaviorEdwards
04-06-2012, 05:12 AM
Ralph Wilson Stadium is the worst

Also been to Cleveland, Cincy, Baltimore, Tennessee, and Arizona...Arizona is by far the best out of the bunch....but all are a lot nicer and cleaner than Buffalo. I'd like them to raise the tickets at RWS if for nothing else to keep the trash out of the stadium.

Jan Reimers
04-06-2012, 05:25 AM
If you're there for the football, the Ralph is great. Excellent tailgating, great sightlines. Really good place to watch a game.

If you're there for glitz and glamor, the sound system, the jumbotron, the shopping experience, etc., it's not as good.

And those of you who like M&T Stadium in Baltimore, a lifeless purple monstrosity with no personality, well. . . there's no accounting for taste.

BillyT92679
04-06-2012, 08:01 AM
If you're there for the football, the Ralph is great. Excellent tailgating, great sightlines. Really good place to watch a game.

If you're there for glitz and glamor, the sound system, the jumbotron, the shopping experience, etc., it's not as good.

And those of you who like M&T Stadium in Baltimore, a lifeless purple monstrosity with no personality, well. . . there's no accounting for taste.
M and T Bank Stadium is much nicer than Ralph Wilson Stadium.

THATHURMANATOR
04-06-2012, 12:20 PM
What you guys want marble floors and a gold urinal??
Just not enough and they are in bad spots that cause huge traffic jams. I don't care what they look like

THATHURMANATOR
04-06-2012, 12:24 PM
M and T Bank Stadium is much nicer than Ralph Wilson Stadium.
Not the point we aren't going to the mall we want to watch football. The Ralph is great for that. Sure upgrades are needed and it isn't the best stadium but is perfect for what I need.

mikemac2001
04-06-2012, 12:43 PM
Ive been to

Lambeau
Arrowhead
Met Life
Paul Brown
Ralph

Met life was awesome to be in but it was really lame for the giants game, there was more excitement for the MNF dolphins/jets (went with a buddy for the weekend went to both games)

Cincy sucked lame fans complaning and crying about there team then suddenly became fans at the end

Lambeau great
arrowhead great

ralph I love it but bathrooms do blow.

Jaydog57
04-06-2012, 01:27 PM
I've only been to three stadiums and would have to say the worst was Jax Stadium. I liked the idea of it being downtown, where there's plenty to do before and after the game, but it just seemed kind of bland and grungy.

I'd have to say the best was LP Field where the Tennessee Titans play. Saw a game there in November years ago. Perfect weather, and a clean stadium within walking distance to downtown Nashville. Really nice people too. Even after they beat us 31-7. :peace:

SaviorEdwards
04-06-2012, 01:41 PM
I've only been to three stadiums and would have to say the worst was Jax Stadium. I liked the idea of it being downtown, where there's plenty to do before and after the game, but it just seemed kind of bland and grungy.

I'd have to say the best was LP Field where the Tennessee Titans play. Saw a game there in November years ago. Perfect weather, and a clean stadium within walking distance to downtown Nashville. Really nice people too. Even after they beat us 31-7. :peace:

I went to see Eddie George play in Tennessee and it was everything I thought about southerners and the NFL. Complete lack of emotion and it was when the Titans had a pretty good team...they went on to beat the Ravens in the Wild Card that year. But you are right, perfect weather, and a nice stadium.

Jaydog57
04-06-2012, 02:17 PM
[/B]

I went to see Eddie George play in Tennessee and it was everything I thought about southerners and the NFL. Complete lack of emotion and it was when the Titans had a pretty good team...they went on to beat the Ravens in the Wild Card that year. But you are right, perfect weather, and a nice stadium. Yeah, college football is ten times more popular in the South. Bigger stadiums and sold out every Saturday afternoon. In Jacksonville, the biggest selling game of the season at their stadium every year is when UF and Georgia play.