PDA

View Full Version : Foligno is a gamer

Skooby
04-04-2012, 11:15 PM
After reading this & seeing this kid play, it almost makes me want to keep Darcy (almost):

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sabres-nhl/article796576.ece

Cali512
04-05-2012, 02:09 AM
Lol @ Lindy. "I think he single-handedly helped this team win a game."

wtf

SabreEleven
04-05-2012, 05:15 AM
Lol @ Lindy. "I think he single-handedly helped this team win a game."

wtf

He "helped" them win the game, he didn't say he did win it for them. Nothing wrong with the quote.

YardRat
04-05-2012, 05:20 AM
We could use about 4 more just like him.

rbochan
04-05-2012, 06:40 AM
He seems to be what we'd hoped Drew Stafford would be.

ParanoidAndroid
04-05-2012, 08:19 AM
That hit on Gunnarsson better be in plays of the week.

SabreEleven
04-05-2012, 08:22 AM
That hit on Gunnarsson better be in plays of the week.

Because Dishnetwork sucks, I had to watch the CSN feed for this game. Right after this hit (before the play stopped), the color guy starts crying how that was all elbow and it should have been a penalty but once he saw the replay, he changed his tune. It was pretty funny.

ParanoidAndroid
04-05-2012, 08:30 AM
The picture above the article is hilarious. Look at that little girl's face staring at the fight.... so gleeful.

trapezeus
04-05-2012, 08:37 AM
^ and that's buffalo's hockey fandom in a nutshell.

trapezeus
04-05-2012, 08:59 AM
one thought though, is if darcy knew foligno was that much better than Kassian from the get go, why didn't they bring him up during the 12 losses. winning just one game with foligno would have put the sabres in better position than right now.

unless the arguement was, "we know we can pawn kassian off on someone."

i also think kassian might have been aided by foligno when someone like stafford could have been on the bench.

So while i don't always think darcy is the problem since he finds talent, it's strange that such a game changer had to wait so long to see the ice when the team was as desperate as it was to turn things around.

Mski
04-05-2012, 10:13 AM
one thought though, is if darcy knew foligno was that much better than Kassian from the get go, why didn't they bring him up during the 12 losses. winning just one game with foligno would have put the sabres in better position than right now.

unless the arguement was, "we know we can pawn kassian off on someone."

i also think kassian might have been aided by foligno when someone like stafford could have been on the bench.

So while i don't always think darcy is the problem since he finds talent, it's strange that such a game changer had to wait so long to see the ice when the team was as desperate as it was to turn things around.when foligno came up earlier this season, he was competely lost, and didnt deserve to stay up with the big club... when he went back down, something changed, the game slowed down for him and now when he's back up it looks like he's here for good

SabreEleven
04-05-2012, 11:51 AM
when foligno came up earlier this season, he was competely lost, and didnt deserve to stay up with the big club... when he went back down, something changed, the game slowed down for him and now when he's back up it looks like he's here for good

They were talking about this on WGR. They were saying he is very quick learner. I guess when he came up in Juniors, he was lost...and by the end of the season he was dominating. It was pretty the same story with him at every level.