PDA

View Full Version : Great season Sabres, thanks for the memories

Skooby
04-05-2012, 08:39 PM
Tee time is 9:00 AM Tuesday.

SabreEleven
04-05-2012, 08:46 PM
**** that, **** you, Sabres. I'm tired of this ****. Great season, really? it was one good month.

YardRat
04-05-2012, 08:50 PM
Vastly under-achieved. Very disappointing.

Michael82
04-05-2012, 08:50 PM
Terrible season! I wish they never went on that run and didn't tease us. It would have been less heart breaking. Now there's no way anything is going to be any different next year. They will use injuries as their main excuse and no one will be fired, no one will be gone and nothing will be different. More of the same ole ****! ****! :mad:

camelcowboy
04-05-2012, 08:52 PM
Tee time is 9:00 AM Tuesday.
Shut up

Crisis
04-05-2012, 08:55 PM
ville leino 70 gp 8g 17a 25p
nathan gerbe 61 gp 6g 18a 24p
brad boyes 64 gp 6g 15a 21p

pathetic

DMBcrew36
04-05-2012, 09:00 PM
Pretty ****ty way to end the season, and pretty embarrassing to not make the playoffs with the offseason the Sabres had and the expectations going in.

On the bright side, Marcus Foligno looks primed to make the team in September. Hopefully Luke Adam can take the next step forward. Loving that we have two first round picks in this draft - thanks Gaustad. We definitely have some forwards I wouldnt mind getting rid of (Boyes, Leino, Roy...).

trapezeus
04-05-2012, 09:15 PM
how many times does lindy have to go in "protect the lead" mode in the second with a one goal lead? it rarely works out. play your game and take it to them.

this is a coaching issue, through and through. other teams changed to injuries.

PTI
04-05-2012, 09:16 PM
**** that, **** you, Sabres. I'm tired of this ****. Great season, really? it was one good month.

2 good months, the Sabres were 10-5 to start with, and then Lucic took the Sabres balls and played keep away with them for like 3 months.

OpIv37
04-05-2012, 09:51 PM
I think you mean "angst for the memories."

**** this team. Start over and do it right.

SabreEleven
04-05-2012, 10:02 PM
This is pretty pathetic for a so-called leader on this team

ROY 79 17 26 43

PTI
04-05-2012, 10:18 PM
This is pretty pathetic for a so-called leader on this team

ROY 79 17 26 43

I think many of you overestimate what players points should be. I don't think Roy was terrible, but maybe ready for a move. His 43 points would have been...

4th on Sabres
5th on Rangers
7th on Penguins
8th on Flyers
6th on Devils
7th on Bruins
6th on Senators
5th on Capitals
4th on Blues
6th on Red Wings
6th on Predators
5th on Black Hawks
6th on Canucks
4th on Coyotes
6th on Sharks

Those are playoff teams minus the Sabres. The Sabres as a whole were below average in goals, so I say Roy was below average, but not terrible, the whole team was below average, and the biggest of all below average at his job is Lindy Ruff. Just does not know how to get the most out of his players.

SabreEleven
04-05-2012, 10:22 PM
I don't care what he would have been on other teams, he was suppose to be #1 or #2 on the Sabres.

SkateZilla
04-05-2012, 10:30 PM

meanwhile my local AHL team has won like 23 in a ROW, now THATS a hockey team, and they most definitely can beat the sabres.

DMBcrew36
04-06-2012, 07:18 AM
I don't care what he would have been on other teams, he was suppose to be #1 or #2 on the Sabres.

At least we're not overpaying for him like we are for Leino.

Expectations should be lowered as far as what # center Roy is capable of being. We need a real #1 center.

rbochan
04-06-2012, 07:25 AM
http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy189/rbochan2/golf.jpg

trapezeus
04-06-2012, 08:43 AM
but roy as #2 center means hodgson is #3 and ennis is #4. I think ennis and hodgson probably are better workers and can be 2 and 3. So roy is redundant.

it's not even about his points so much as he doesn't feed his linemates to be great.

i still think leino was feeling his way through everything. he was terrible, but i don't think he's a lost cause. next year is his judgement year for me.

Skooby
04-06-2012, 08:44 AM
At least we're not overpaying for him like we are for Leino.

Expectations should be lowered as far as what # center Roy is capable of being. We need a real #1 center.

Leino needs to be traded, if possible.

PTI
04-06-2012, 08:47 AM
I think Leino can be better, he needs to shoot the puck more. I like his board work, he does move the puck in front of the net a lot. I think he be close to his 53 points, I think 47-55 points next year, and that would be decent production.

trapezeus
04-06-2012, 10:08 AM
leino also skated in the second half of the season. he was like a ghost at the start of the season. he just glided everywhere. in the second half when he got out there, he moved. i think he needs more involvement on PK and more needs to be asked of him.

i think he got treated with kids gloves in buffalo. wasn't on the PK, or PP regularly. got limited ice time and shuttled around. Tell him what his roll is. Bang around, dig the puck out of the corners and use your size to your advantage for board work to make plays in front of the net for others.

he doesn't need to score a ton, but he should be able to assist more.

that's my view on leino. one year on THIS team is hard to judge a newbie.

Crisis
04-06-2012, 12:24 PM
leino also skated in the second half of the season. he was like a ghost at the start of the season. he just glided everywhere. in the second half when he got out there, he moved. i think he needs more involvement on PK and more needs to be asked of him.

i think he got treated with kids gloves in buffalo. wasn't on the PK, or PP regularly. got limited ice time and shuttled around. Tell him what his roll is. Bang around, dig the puck out of the corners and use your size to your advantage for board work to make plays in front of the net for others.

he doesn't need to score a ton, but he should be able to assist more.

that's my view on leino. one year on THIS team is hard to judge a newbie.

I agree with this, but for what he's making it's kind of hard to not **** on the guy for his production.

He's really good on the cycle and a pretty good playmaker, he can't finish for **** though. Maybe part of that is gripping the stick too hard trying to live up to the contract. I didn't have a problem with his effort in the 2nd half of the year either. I wish we would've been able to see him in the playoffs because that's where he's been money and why we got him.

Historian
04-09-2012, 11:26 AM
I think this team is putrid at the fundamentals of the game:

Passing
Scoring
Power Play
Toughness

They make mistakes you would rip your mite team a new one for.

Michael82
04-09-2012, 01:22 PM
I think this team is putrid at the fundamentals of the game:

Passing
Scoring
Power Play
Toughness

They make mistakes you would rip your mite team a new one for.

And that's why Lindy needs to go!

Dozerdog
04-09-2012, 02:50 PM
ville leino 70 gp 8g 17a 25p
nathan gerbe 61 gp 6g 18a 24p
brad boyes 64 gp 6g 15a 21p

pathetic
20 goals and 50 assists -to get a player with that production you would have to shell out Leino money!

tampabay25690
04-09-2012, 02:51 PM
And that's why Lindy needs to go!

Lindy is a great coach he is not going anywhere.
Same outcome next year then i will agree...
Injuries killed this team midseason.
New guys took a while to get use to the system.
Good thing is we have great young talent on this team.....

Lets face it from the Lucic hit this team wasn't the same....

Philagape
04-09-2012, 03:03 PM
Lindy is a great coach.

Please explain why. What does he do well?

Michael82
04-09-2012, 03:06 PM
Lindy is a great coach he is not going anywhere.
Same outcome next year then i will agree...
Injuries killed this team midseason.
New guys took a while to get use to the system.
Good thing is we have great young talent on this team.....

Lets face it from the Lucic hit this team wasn't the same....

3 out of the last 5 years, the #Sabres didnt make the playoffs. Plus their powerplay is pathetic and he doesnt know how to manage the talent. He's going to ruin Hodgson, just like he did to the last few guys that came here at the deadline.

Dude
04-09-2012, 05:05 PM
Hey Hashtag Guy!

Dude
04-09-2012, 05:07 PM
Oh, and this thread is full of ... um ... dumb. How can anyone justify keeping a HC and GM who are consistent failures? I thought crap like this only happened with the Cincinnati Bengals.

tampabay25690
04-09-2012, 08:24 PM
Please explain why. What does he do well?

Don't need to explain.
Just the way I feel.
He gets fired he will get picked up faster then I hit this reply button.

tampabay25690
04-09-2012, 08:28 PM
3 out of the last 5 years, the #Sabres didnt make the playoffs. Plus their powerplay is pathetic and he doesnt know how to manage the talent. He's going to ruin Hodgson, just like he did to the last few guys that came here at the deadline.

Yea he ruined Briere, Drury Campbell, etc.....I can go on.
The big problem has been past ownership.
Every time we get a guy good we let him walk....
I guess that's Lindy Ruffs fault!!

Skooby
04-09-2012, 09:02 PM
If this is a Stanley Cup winning coach, I'm a fan without a reason to celebrate a franchise running. Sorry to all the apologist but how long do you give the same guy the chance to fail, healthy team or not ? You do realize that the Bills have been out of any post-season games for a decade plus, right? Think that happened accident ? The same **** doesn't work, it just smells different & it's still ****. I'm no longer emotional about this, I'm being practical. Fire the entire front office & spend your Billions on the best staff, buyout another winning coach if needed.

All the players need to match their contract payment with the performance expected or be traded, no excuses or guesses. Guess in your own lifetime, there's pride to be earned in Buffalo by winning a major sports championship. Don't let us down, we're all counting on you.

Michael82
04-10-2012, 01:47 AM
Hey Hashtag Guy

Oops, didn't even realize I did that.

Michael82
04-10-2012, 01:49 AM
Exactly! 3 out of the l last 5 years with no playoffs and I think I read 6 out of the last 10.