PDA

View Full Version : the problem aside from the real problems

trapezeus
04-06-2012, 10:27 AM
this season became very problematic during the run when we pissed away the colorado point and the florida point after almost pissing away a point with montreal.

Those 2 points would have been the difference. Still the team has bigger issues, but that was classic of this team. they could talk all they want, but they lost last second leads and allowed ties and lost 2 of those games. it happened 3 times in one week. they knew they couldnt afford that, yet the same mistake over and over again.

that is indicative of a lindy team.

SkateZilla
04-06-2012, 10:33 AM
Move lindy out of the bench and bring in someone that will motivate the players and not make line changes with 10 seconds left of a must win game down by 1.

OpIv37
04-06-2012, 11:21 AM
once again, when I start *****ing about giving up the extra point to conf teams in October, just remember that we are going to finish no more than 4 points out of the playoffs, and it's entirely possible that we lose out to Washington on a ****ing TIEBREAKER if we win and they lose this weekend.

And guess what the first tiebreaker is? REGULATION wins. Another reason why going to OT hurts.

Every. Point. Matters.

Crisis
04-06-2012, 09:58 PM
once again, when I start *****ing about giving up the extra point to conf teams in October, just remember that we are going to finish no more than 4 points out of the playoffs, and it's entirely possible that we lose out to Washington on a ****ing TIEBREAKER if we win and they lose this weekend.

And guess what the first tiebreaker is? REGULATION wins. Another reason why going to OT hurts.

Every. Point. Matters.

the tiebreaker is regulation AND overtime wins aka every win not in a shootout.

OpIv37
04-06-2012, 10:35 PM
the tiebreaker is regulation AND overtime wins aka every win not in a shootout.
Ah, I missed the shoot out part. Still, most overtime games go to a shoot out. Winning in regulation is still an advantage.

Skooby
04-06-2012, 10:51 PM
Losing most of your games mid-season usually mean that your team has flaws.