X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cpearl
    • Mar 2005

DeCastro is the pick.

Levitre-Wood-DeCastro would be the best interior line in the NFL for 10 years.

Obviously, this is just a guess, but Buddy loves BPA and I think this is the pick. Reiff is more of a RT and the draft is deep with second round WRs.
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Re: DeCastro is the pick.

Originally posted by cpearl
    Levitre-Wood-DeCastro would be the best interior line in the NFL for 10 years.

Obviously, this is just a guess, but Buddy loves BPA and I think this is the pick. Reiff is more of a RT and the draft is deep with second round WRs.
    Even if DeCastro is the next Hutch I'd rather not spend a top 10 pick on a G. I know BPA is BPA but it's still a G.

Comment

• better days
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by X-Era
      Even if DeCastro is the next Hutch I'd rather not spend a top 10 pick on a G. I know BPA is BPA but it's still a G.
      I heard DeCastro talked about as the best OL player in the draft last night on NFL Network, including Kalil. Someone said he would move him to Center & he would be a Pro Bowl player there for the next 10 years.

As time gets closer to the draft, the more I am liking either DeCastro or Floyd at #10.

Comment

• Philagape
        WIN NOW
        • Jul 2002

After seeing what Levitre did on the left side last year, I want more of that. Look at the leap Fred made to the next level; that was because of the line.
        According to ESPN splits, Fred's average was 5.6 on the left side but just 4.0 on the right. Let's make it so that the running game is a monster anywhere on the field, which will open up the passing game more. And he's great in pass protection, too. They'll own the middle of the field.
        I'd be happy with Floyd too, but DeCastro is the kind of guy you build around. That's what the draft is for. You plug holes with free agency.
        "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
        2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• acehole
          • Jan 2006

Originally posted by X-Era

buddy said as much....agreed
          Hated by the stupid..
          Loved by their moms.

Comment

• gonzo1105
            • Jul 2002

What people need to remember is that Urbik, Rinehart, and Levitre are all FA's after this year. Obviously, we are going to try to lock up Levitre but Urbik might want too much and we aren't going to keep all 3. I would venture to guess we keep Levitre and Rinehart and let Urbik go. You have to look at the future as well as the present and DeCastro would fit in at RG for the next 10-15. We could then still take an OT like Bobby Massie in the 2nd. Ruben Brown was pretty good and he was the 13th pick way back when

Comment

• Philagape
              WIN NOW
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by gonzo1105
              You have to look at the future as well as the present
              I really wish more people would remember this.

The draft is not for plugging this year's holes.
              "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

• Ed
                Dude
                • Sep 2002

I don't particularly love the idea of taking a G at #10, but if DeCastro is truly another Hutchinson it would be hard to complain about getting a legitimate year in and year out all-pro player regardless of position. It would be nice to be able to run the ball with even more authority. And if we're going to use more wildcat, having a good interior is key. Plus, it's not like you don't get any pass rush up the middle collapsing the pocket.

Ultimately, I can't see Nix using a high pick on a G. They seem pretty happy with their interior, but Levitre, Urbik, and Rinehart are all scheduled to be UFA's after this season so who knows.

Comment

• ddaryl
                  Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                  • Jan 2005

Woods injuries are mounting as well.. How many more times can this guy rebound.

DeCastro might be a great pick up to insure ourselves... and as mentioned above we have some FA's that are probably going to leave next season

Comment

• Cali512
                    • Jan 2012

Whats funny is if we had the 9 pick we wouldnt even think about it. No one picks a guard in the top 10. QBs, WRs, OTs, DEs, and CBs are meant for the top 10. In the first round you look at each player on our team and the top 10 and see who would provide a bigger upgrade. Decastro would take a B+ position to a A+, but really whats that gonna do? Meanwhile we have Jones, and then 2 WRs who one will fall out of the top 9. So Jones is like F, and im going to assume as top 10 picks, Floyd and Blackmon will upgrade it to a B to B+ immediatly.
                    Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• Philagape
                      WIN NOW
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Cali512
                      Decastro would take a B+ position to a A+, but really whats that gonna do?
                      Ask Fred Jackson what Levitre's improvement meant to him.

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

• better days
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Cali512
                        Whats funny is if we had the 9 pick we wouldnt even think about it. No one picks a guard in the top 10. QBs, WRs, OTs, DEs, and CBs are meant for the top 10. In the first round you look at each player on our team and the top 10 and see who would provide a bigger upgrade. Decastro would take a B+ position to a A+, but really whats that gonna do? Meanwhile we have Jones, and then 2 WRs who one will fall out of the top 9. So Jones is like F, and im going to assume as top 10 picks, Floyd and Blackmon will upgrade it to a B to B+ immediatly.
                        The problem is both Blackmon & Floyd may be gone before the Bills pick. The good news is this is supposed to be a year with MANY GOOD WRs.

I would rather draft a potential Pro Bowl Guard/Center at #10 than a mediocre OT.

Comment

• Raptor
                          • Jan 2009

Id rather have a good WR or CB than a great OG

Comment

• ddaryl
                            Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Raptor
                            I would rather have a great OL that can't be beat, and have a dominant running game as well as allowing the QB plenty of time to throw and give good WR's plenty of time to find that seam.

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Raptor
                              At #10, I would take a great WR over a great OG. The only great WRs in this draft are Blackmon & Floyd. And how great are they? Are they Larry Fitzgerald, Calvin Johnson GREAT? Or just very good?

DeCastro is being talked about as the best OG to come out in years. For his position, he is being talked about like Luck is at QB. It has been said he can play both Center & OT as well as Guard.

I would much rather draft DeCastro than a "good" WR at #10. There may be good WRs even into the 4th & 5th rnd in this draft.

Comment

Working...
                              X