PDA

View Full Version : AFC East ESPN blogger Walker: "Why Bills are my sleeper pick for 2012"

Coach Sal
04-06-2012, 11:50 AM
Why Bills are my sleeper pick for 2012, and five reasons they will get over the hump:

http://t.co/i5TL8Nwf

ddaryl
04-06-2012, 12:00 PM
that was a solid read.. Pretty much sums up our optimistic views.. The writer actually pays attention, unlike other bloggers.

trapezeus
04-06-2012, 12:38 PM
as long as mario williams isn't the DE version of Ville Leino, i can't see how this team isn't drastically better. it somehow won 6 games with no defense. No pass rush that makes even the least capable QB look good.

if they can bring the heat and rotate people so injuries decrease, i see huge things for this team.

mikemac2001
04-06-2012, 12:41 PM
I NEEEEEEEEED FOOTBALL!!!!

Aero II
04-06-2012, 12:51 PM
Health is a concern every season. Can we trade for Rusty Jones?

ddaryl
04-06-2012, 01:07 PM
Health is a concern every season. Can we trade for Rusty Jones?

The curse of Rusty Jones....

ever since we showed him the door our health issues have seem to be noticeably worse.

Was it Mulareky or Jauron who wanted him replaced ?

Pinkerton Security
04-06-2012, 01:14 PM
I dont know if Im just being a homer but I saw us as being close last year, and our defense was putrid. We have beefed up our defensive line, retained out best WR (who also has a very good rapport with Fitz), and have another full offseason under the belts of rookies and veterans alike in terms of cohesiveness, which cant be overlooked. I think it hinges on whether Fitz can get more consistent, and whether our Oline can give him the time to make plays.

Coach Sal
04-06-2012, 01:23 PM
The blogger who wrote the above article, James Walker of ESPN, will join me tomorrow at 2pm on WGR to talk Bills and the AFC East. Other guests lined up, too. Show extended 1 hour. Going 11-3!

Luisito23
04-06-2012, 01:41 PM
LOL @ all those Miami haters in the comment section.

better days
04-06-2012, 08:47 PM
The blogger who wrote the above article, James Walker of ESPN, will join me tomorrow at 2pm on WGR to talk Bills and the AFC East. Other guests lined up, too. Show extended 1 hour. Going 11-3!

Too bad I can't get a podcast of that.

Cali512
04-06-2012, 08:53 PM
Miami is a poodle that no ones afraid of
Jets are chihuahua would bark is way bigger than its bite
Patriots are an aging boxer who can barley get off the bed
And the bills are a brand spankin new golden retriever!

TigerJ
04-06-2012, 09:12 PM
It was a nice article, but frankly, I'm hoping for a little more than a winning season.

Luisito23
04-06-2012, 09:18 PM
I'm hoping for a little more than a winning season.

It's playoffs, or bust!

methos4ever
04-07-2012, 03:52 AM
The curse of Rusty Jones....

ever since we showed him the door our health issues have seem to be noticeably worse.

Was it Mulareky or Jauron who wanted him replaced ?
If you take a look at the Bears, they aren't exactly the bastions of health post-acquiring Jones either...

It was Mularkey btw for a buddy of his.

justasportsfan
04-07-2012, 09:15 AM
In the middle of this madness was Buffalo Bills coach Chan Gailey. His table was relatively empty for most of the hourlong breakfast, with the exception of a few passers-by and this AFC East blogger. Few in the national media cared to know what Gailey and the Bills were up to. They're a small-market team that finished 6-10 last season and hasn't been to the playoffs in 13 years.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/40811/why-bills-are-my-sleeper-pick-for-2012

jamze132
04-07-2012, 12:07 PM
The Bills have been my sleeper pick for 10 years.

ddaryl
04-07-2012, 02:55 PM
If you take a look at the Bears, they aren't exactly the bastions of health post-acquiring Jones either...

It was Mularkey btw for a buddy of his.

yeah I never really kept up with that...

I just remember how great of shape our team was in when running the no huddle and all... We just never seemed to have that many injuries like we are witnessing now.

Syderick
04-07-2012, 06:48 PM
The Bills have been my sleeper pick for 10 years.

Each year a writer picks the Bills to be a sleeper pick and it's become cliche. But one day the Bills will make the playoffs.

jamze132
04-08-2012, 01:19 AM
Each year a writer picks the Bills to be a sleeper pick and it's become cliche. But one day the Bills will make the playoffs.
I know.

ublinkwescore
04-08-2012, 07:10 AM
as long as mario williams isn't the DE version of Ville Leino, i can't see how this team isn't drastically better. it somehow won 6 games with no defense. No pass rush that makes even the least capable QB look good.

if they can bring the heat and rotate people so injuries decrease, i see huge things for this team.
Actually, we did have a pass rush early last season, and the result was w's , but then we lost merriman and kyle williams, and the result was no pass rush and l's

Skooby
04-08-2012, 07:36 AM
Miami is a poodle that no ones afraid of
Jets are chihuahua would bark is way bigger than its bite
Patriots are an aging boxer who can barley get off the bed
And the bills are a brand spankin new golden retriever!

The boxer has his way with the retriever in that bed late every season, I think it's time to castrate him.