PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 and Decastro

Cali512
04-06-2012, 11:56 AM
People keep saying hes the BPA, but if hes not a top 10 pick how is he BPA? Everyone has him from 13-16, at 10, we have the luxuary of having the last top 10 player. So who ever slips out of the top 9 goes to us, which would be Coples, Floyd, Blackmon, Kalil, Claiborne. So how is Decastro BPA? He didnt slip to us, no one has mentioned him in the top 10, and we have Levitre, Wood, and Urbik. So why get someone who is probably not on your top 10 big board at 10

Luck
Griffin
Kalil
Claiborne
Blackmon
Coples
Floyd
Brockers/Poe
Richardson
Ingram (put anywhere from 8-13, so im guessing hes on peoples top 10)

Other players that are possibly on top 10 boards- Tannehill, Reiff, Dre

Decastro in my opinion makes our team worse. He upgrades our RG position from a B to a A, but then our OT/WR are still Ds? Even if you get Brockers/Poe, there at least rotational. We have 4 good guards, none can play tackle on a consistant basis, so why the hell would we do that?

ddaryl
04-06-2012, 12:05 PM
Really you couldn't have included this in the DeCastro thread that already exists.. Would have been a perfect place for this argument.

IF DeCastro is the best OL in this draft.. If he is anything as good as Hutchinson.. then I would be perfectly OK with DeCastro at #10

We still need OT's of course.. .but damn the running game up the middle behind Levitre, a healthy Woods and DeCastro would/could be pretty punishing

gonzo1105
04-06-2012, 12:06 PM
Who has Brockers or Poe as a top 10 guy. Brockers is being talked about as a 15-25 pick and Poe was thought of at 9 right after the combine. Now that people have looked at the tape he is siding back into the 11-20 range.

To me the top 10 is interchangeable after 6.

I would actually looking at a top 10 just based on talent and not need go with this as my board:

1. Andrew Luck QB
2. Trent Richardson RB
3. Robert Griffin III QB
4. Ryan Kalil OT
5. Morris Claiborne CB
6. David DeCastro OG
7. Justin Blackmon WR
8. Quinton Coples DE
9. Mark Barron S
10. Fletcher Cox DT

Cali512
04-06-2012, 12:20 PM
Who has Brockers or Poe as a top 10 guy. Brockers is being talked about as a 15-25 pick and Poe was thought of at 9 right after the combine. Now that people have looked at the tape he is siding back into the 11-20 range.

To me the top 10 is interchangeable after 6.

I would actually looking at a top 10 just based on talent and not need go with this as my board:

1. Andrew Luck QB
2. Trent Richardson RB
3. Robert Griffin III QB
4. Ryan Kalil OT
5. Morris Claiborne CB
6. David DeCastro OG
7. Justin Blackmon WR
8. Quinton Coples DE
9. Mark Barron S
10. Fletcher Cox DT

Really? Barron is top 25 pick, not 10! Cox is still not even close to top 10 on anyones boards?

Cali512
04-06-2012, 12:21 PM
Really you couldn't have included this in the DeCastro thread that already exists.. Would have been a perfect place for this argument.

IF DeCastro is the best OL in this draft.. If he is anything as good as Hutchinson.. then I would be perfectly OK with DeCastro at #10

We still need OT's of course.. .but damn the running game up the middle behind Levitre, a healthy Woods and DeCastro would/could be pretty punishing

Ya once again, you move our guard from a B to a A, and yet our WRs still are all Fs. So how much did we really improve? We had the number 1 OL in sacks, and by week 8, Jackson had almost a thousand yards

alohabillsfan
04-06-2012, 12:28 PM
Ya once again, you move our guard from a B to a A, and yet our WRs still are all Fs. So how much did we really improve? We had the number 1 OL in sacks, and by week 8, Jackson had almost a thousand yards

So, your going need vice BPA?

gonzo1105
04-06-2012, 12:31 PM
Really? Barron is top 25 pick, not 10! Cox is still not even close to top 10 on anyones boards?

Your not getting what I said. I said if that was my board that would be my top 10 just based on talent level. The reason why Barron isn't a top 10 pick is because of position and need not talent. There is no way Barron goes late 1. Dallas reportedly loves him at 14 and im sure the Jets would take him at 16. Scott Wright of NFL Draft Countdown,and a former scout who has been on NFL Networks path to the draft, has Cox going 9th overall. People were saying we should take Martin at 10 but but I don't think anyone thinks Martin is the 10th best player in this draft but people were talking about him there because of need and position not talent

Philagape
04-06-2012, 12:42 PM
NFP has DeCastro third overall. OurLads seventh.

But none of it matters. You don't let draft geeks tell you who to pick. You pick who you want, and I want elite talent.

mayotm
04-06-2012, 12:48 PM
Ya once again, you move our guard from a B to a A, and yet our WRs still are all Fs. So how much did we really improve? We had the number 1 OL in sacks, and by week 8, Jackson had almost a thousand yardsOUr WRs are all F's, huh? Whatever you say. Stevie is solid and could still get better. David Nelson is solid in the slot. Yes, they could use an upgrade opposite Stevie, but to grade the Bills WRs as an F is absurd.

ddaryl
04-06-2012, 12:58 PM

It was because of our 3 step drop and throw Offense that we had low sack counts.

We can get good value on WR's after #10> this draft has plenty of WR's .. AND OUR WR"S ARE NOT ALL F's. Nelson was solid, Steve Johnson is pretty much a top WR in this league.... We also have Easley coming back and Roosevelt showed some flashes. Yes we can use an upgrade at the #2 WR spot... but that's it. We have solid #3 and #4 WR's on the roster already

We have multiple FA's on the OL next season as well.. if DeCastro is the best OL in thsi draft as many think he is.. it would not be a bad move at all.

Cali512
04-06-2012, 01:47 PM
OUr WRs are all F's, huh? Whatever you say. Stevie is solid and could still get better. David Nelson is solid in the slot. Yes, they could use an upgrade opposite Stevie, but to grade the Bills WRs as an F is absurd.

When i say all, i mean all of our 2nd WRs. The options of the player on the opposite of stevie. Nelsons our slot guy. Brad, Hagan, and Jones as of now are all Fs, or at least D. I dont see how Brad, Hagan, and Jones are not an F.

Cali512
04-06-2012, 01:48 PM
It was because of our 3 step drop and throw Offense that we had low sack counts.

We can get good value on WR's after #10> this draft has plenty of WR's .. AND OUR WR"S ARE NOT ALL F's. Nelson was solid, Steve Johnson is pretty much a top WR in this league.... We also have Easley coming back and Roosevelt showed some flashes. Yes we can use an upgrade at the #2 WR spot... but that's it. We have solid #3 and #4 WR's on the roster already

We have multiple FA's on the OL next season as well.. if DeCastro is the best OL in thsi draft as many think he is.. it would not be a bad move at all.

Urbik and Levitre. Thats it, and i doubt we dont sign them. I bet Levitre gets his contract during the season

ddaryl
04-06-2012, 01:50 PM
Urbik and Levitre. Thats it, and i doubt we dont sign them. I bet Levitre gets his contract during the season

Levitre deifnitley...

We are still woefully in need of quality depth. To me Urbik could be quality depth

Cali512
04-06-2012, 01:56 PM
Levitre deifnitley...

We are still woefully in need of quality depth. To me Urbik could be quality depth

I think Urbik earned a year to prove himself. The way our OL is going theres a possibility that all 3 could end up being pro bowlers. As of now we have one of the best interior lines in the NFL. If you have that i dont see why youd wanna touch it. I dont think Urbik, wood, or levitre are even 25 yet. So i think we need to role with what we got. I think it would be even better to replace our old beat down CBs with a couple of young CBs. I dont think we would have a player over 30 that starts, but we have alot of young leaders, so the veteran leadership isnt needed. On our starting O and D, i think the oldest player is Flo, then McGee, then Barnett, than i think everyone else is below 30 that starts. I like our future, but i think Urbik is a part of the puzzle.

mayotm
04-06-2012, 02:33 PM
When i say all, i mean all of our 2nd WRs. The options of the player on the opposite of stevie. Nelsons our slot guy. Brad, Hagan, and Jones as of now are all Fs, or at least D. I dont see how Brad, Hagan, and Jones are not an F.I see. We are supposed to decipher what you mean since you can't communicate it clearly.

YardRat
04-06-2012, 09:19 PM

Agree on Barron, but I've seen a few that have Cox Top 10 now...he's overtaken Brockers as the highest ranked interior defensive lineman in the draft.

better days
04-07-2012, 03:55 AM
When i say all, i mean all of our 2nd WRs. The options of the player on the opposite of stevie. Nelsons our slot guy. Brad, Hagan, and Jones as of now are all Fs, or at least D. I dont see how Brad, Hagan, and Jones are not an F.

Well, you are forgetting about Easley. If healthy, I think he overtakes everyone else now on the Bills to become the #2 WR.