• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Trading up, what our picks are worth, and what it may take

For those that might be interested, heres a look at our picks, there worth and what it might take from a value standpoint to move up. This is not Nixes style and I just don't think it's probable. I also didn't factor in potential future year picks:

Our picks:

10: 1300
    41: 490
    71: 235
    105: 84
    124: 48
    144: 34
    147: 32.6
    178: 20.2
    217: 4.6
    251: Cannot be traded since its a compensatory

Total value of tradeable picks: 2248.4

The worth of picks in front of us:

1: 3000- Would take entire draft and theoretically we still are short
    2: 2600- see #1 pick
    3: 2200- Everything except our 6th... 2228.2
    4: 1800- Our 1st and 2nd = 1790 which may do it
    5: 1700- Our 1st, 3rd, top 4th, and top 5th = 1653
    6: 1600- Our 1st, 3rd, and bottom 4th = 1583
    7: 1500- Our 1st, both 4th's, and top 5th = 1466
    8: 1400- Our 1st and top 4th = 1384
    9: 1350- Our 1st and bottom 4th = 1348

Now reading into this I think the 6th pick on would be places where the cost isn't hugely prohibitive. If Kalil goes top 4 and he probably will, we really can't afford to move that high IMO. What players might be worth it? Blackmon comes to mind but maybe not. The teams after the Rams at 6, Jax, Mia, and Car all could use him... But so could the Rams. He's really the only player I could think of... Maybe Claiborne.

Last edited by X-Era; 04-06-2012, 02:31 PM.

• Joe Fo Sho
    Making Spirits Bright
    • Mar 2006

Re: Trading up, what our picks are worth, and what it may take

That draft chart may need to be updated with the new rookie caps. The higher picks are probably considered a lot more valuable now that you don't have to pay through the nose for a top 10 pick.

Comment

• X-Era
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho
      That draft chart may need to be updated with the new rookie caps. The higher picks are probably considered a lot more valuable now that you don't have to pay through the nose for a top 10 pick.
      Maybe. But this is what I have to work with.

Comment

• ThunderGun
        • Dec 2011

Aside from the two QB's, I really don't consider anybody worth trading-up for. I'd love Kalil but as you said, it would take way too much to get up to #3 or #4. I'd love Blackmon too, but not enough to give up 2-3 good draft picks for. Especially when we could probably get Floyd at 10, and the drop-off isn't huge from Blackmon to Floyd. I'd rather stay put or trade down.

Comment

• X-Era
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by ThunderGun
          Aside from the two QB's, I really don't consider anybody worth trading-up for. I'd love Kalil but as you said, it would take way too much to get up to #3 or #4. I'd love Blackmon too, but not enough to give up 2-3 good draft picks for. Especially when we could probably get Floyd at 10, and the drop-off isn't huge from Blackmon to Floyd. I'd rather stay put or trade down.
          Can't really disagree. Besides, I'm looking at scenario's where Blackmon could fall to even 8, maybe even to us. For example, If Miami trades with Cleveland to get Tannehill Cleveland may feel they could still land Richardson at 8. Then if we move up to 8, we jump in front of Car who would be interested in Blackmon.

But, all in all there are too many teams that seem to need a WR for Blackmon to fall that far. I'm looking at Cle, STL, Jax, Mia, and Car who all could use a WR and are in front of us. I think Floyd is much more likely and I'm good with that pick.
          Last edited by X-Era; 04-06-2012, 02:48 PM.

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

The TVC is no longer used with the new CBA, even before it the TVC was often not used.

Value wise its going to take a while to quantify it.

The Redskins deal for trading up kinda let you know of what the market is looking like. If you want to move up, expect to pay multiple premium picks.
            COMING SOON...
            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• X-Era
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
              The TVC is no longer used with the new CBA, even before it the TVC was often not used.

Value wise its going to take a while to quantify it.

The Redskins deal for trading up kinda let you know of what the market is looking like. If you want to move up, expect to pay multiple premium picks.
              One question mark on that... Your using the Redskins to set the new standard...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by X-Era
                One question mark on that... Your using the Redskins to set the new standard...
                No Im using the Rams. The Rams initial ask was for four 1st Rounders, they got three. Washington was not the only team offering that package.
                COMING SOON...

Comment

• X-Era
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                  No Im using the Rams. The Rams initial ask was for four 1st Rounders, they got three. Washington was not the only team offering that package.
                  I really can't see anyone else paying that... It was ludicrous IMO.

I think we will see teams trade up and the cost will be closer to the TVC.

Comment

• wmoz11
                    • Sep 2008

I think the entire premise of setting a quantitative value on a team's pick is nonsense.

Each pick is worth exactly as much as the team that has it says it is.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by X-Era
                      I really can't see anyone else paying that... It was ludicrous IMO.

I think we will see teams trade up and the cost will be closer to the TVC.
                      I dont think that's a fair statement since we already know the TVC is no longer valid.
                      COMING SOON...

Comment

• Ed
                        • Sep 2002

I always think these draft charts are kind of bogus. Value of a pick is determined by what players are available with the pick and how badly a certain team wants a particular player. It's totally subjective. A picks value is whatever a team is willing to give up for that pick. There's no way to accurately apply a point system that holds true for most scenarios.

According to that value chart, if we wanted to trade back into the third round we'd have to give up both our 4th's, 5th's and a 6th. Five picks to get an extra 3rd? That's baloney.

Comment

• better days
                          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by wmoz11
                          I think the entire premise of setting a quantitative value on a team's pick is nonsense.

Each pick is worth exactly as much as the team that has it says it is.
                          Or what some team is willing to pay to get it. If the Redskins did not pay that price, I doubt the Rams would have got that value. The Browns balked at it until the Rams made it known the Skins made the deal.

Comment

• Night Train
                            Retired - On Several Levels
                            • Jul 2005

If I'm trading up, it's for one of those 2 QB's and nothing else.

Paying a premium price for a OT or WR ? That's insane.
                            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• YardRat
                              Well, lookie here...
                              • Dec 2004

7: 1500- Our 1st, both 4th's, and top 5th = 1466
                              You could do that with a first and third, which is more likely.
                              YardRat Wall of Fame
                              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
                              X