X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • better days
    • Jan 2010

Bills Trade Up?

On a Bucs station today speculation about the draft. If the Fins move up to #3 to draft Tannehill ahead of Cleveland, that will leave Kalil, Blackmon or possibly both available at #5. The Bucs don't need either of them & the talk is of a trade down.

Do you think the Bills should trade up for either of them & how much would you give up to make that trade?
  • gonzo1105
    • Jul 2002

Re: Bills Trade Up?

I think if Kalil were to fell to 5 we would make a call but wouldn't sell the house maybe 10 a 3rd and a 3rd next year gets it done? Id venture it would take a combo of 10 a 2nd and a 3rd in the next two drafts

Comment

• Luisito23
      Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
      • Apr 2003

I don't even think the Fins are dumb enough to trade up to get Tannehill, but then again you never know, you know.
      "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
      ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
      ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
      ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• ServoBillieves
        The Voice of Reason
        • Jul 2007

... I know that would seem great, but for a guy hell bent on improving this team through the draft and picking up solid players in FA, I don't see Buddy doing anything but moving back.
        Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• better days
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Luisito23
          I don't even think the Fins are dumb enough to trade up to get Tannehill, but then again you never know, you know.
          I think the Fins are under a lot of pressure to do something this off season to spark that fan base. Otherwise there will be even more empty ugly Orange seats in that Stadium than usual.

If after losing out on Manning, RGIII & Flynn, the Fins also lose out on Tannehill to the Browns it will get UGLY in Miami. For that reason I could see them trading up.

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

Hell no.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Night Train
              Retired - On Several Levels
              • Jul 2005

You trade up only for Luck or RG3. No one else.
              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• CleveSteve
                • Apr 2011

I'm an outsider, but I think the bills would be crazy to not jump on Kalil if they could move up for just their 2nd. Kalil has a chance to be up there with Thomas and Long, and right now the bills have got diddly at LT. The draft is about turning weaknesses into strengths, and Kalil represents that for the billsmore than any other player, especially considering the drop in talent at LT after Kalil.

That being said, I think the bucs only do this if the browns do not take Richardson. I think the bucs have to get Claiborne or Richardson in the first round, and no way is Claiborne falling to 10.

Comment

• clumping platelets

I would trade up for Kalil............we could use McKelvin as part of the trade instead of picks. Replace him with draft pick or FA

Our #1 & #4 plus McKelvin for #5.........I would consider moving up to #7 for Blackmon but I doubt he makes it past the Rams

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • May 2009

I hope that Kalil falls and they trade up for him.

Comment

• Luisito23
                      Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                      • Apr 2003

Originally posted by clumping platelets
                      IOur #1 & #4 plus McKelvin for #5.........I would consider moving up to #7 for Blackmon

It's gonna take a lot more than that to move to 5 Clump, sorry.
                      "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                      ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                      ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                      ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• mikemac2001
                        is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
                        • Mar 2003

the draft is a circus now...i just watch and wait for the entertainment

MUCK
                        FIAMI

Comment

• clumping platelets

Depends on Bucs motivation to move down. I would say we could give up our #3 and maybe a day 3 pick in 2013 but I'm not giving up any day one or two picks to move up 5 spots

Comment

• Buddo
                            • Mar 2007

TBH, if he falls that far, we would be better off seeing if he drops another spot to the Rams. Not only would the cost of trading up be cheaper, but as they are already pick heavy, we might be able to do a more favourable deal as well.
                            If I were Buddy, I'd already have that deal in place before draft day, just in case he does fall that far.

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

I don't know. The Bucs could use a CB & I like McKelvin more than some on this board myself. I guess it would depend on how the Bucs view him.

Comment

Working...
                              X