X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mike
    • Jan 2009

Riley Reiff

What do you think about Riley Reiff? He's being considered a top 10 talent by many. His pre-draft worries remind me of Bryan Buluga(sp?) who is a very good OT. How would you compare the two coming out of college?

Bryan dropped towards the bottom of round1 to GB & has been one of the best OT of his class.
    Please Make Sense
  • NOT THE DUDE...
    Hall of Fame Zoner
    • Jan 2010

Re: Riley Reiff

i think reiff is a little more talented than bulaga and probably more of a tough guy.

i would be happy with the pick

3 years starter
    2 time all big ten
    1st team all american

121-1 and 3 time state champion wrestler

above average combine
    safe pick coming from iowa.

he would come in right away and start for sure.
    Last edited by NOT THE DUDE...; 04-06-2012, 10:36 PM.

Comment

• Philagape
      WIN NOW
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mike
      What do you think about Riley Reiff? He's being considered a top 10 talent by many. His pre-draft worries remind me of Bryan Buluga(sp?) who is a very good OT. How would you compare the two coming out of college?

Bryan dropped towards the bottom of round1 to GB & has been one of the best OT of his class.
      It's worth noting that Bulaga is Green Bay's RIGHT tackle. Kinda kills the point of the comparison.
      "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
      2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Beebe
        • Aug 2011

We need to draft some one that can start right away at number 10 weather is on D or offense and a lot people say the same thing about him that he needs like a year or two before he can be on the left side. We need a impact player.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Mike
          • Jan 2009

It's worth noting that Bulaga is Green Bay's RIGHT tackle. Kinda kills the point of the comparison.
          RR is also a right tackle. Some scouts have a hard time seeing pan out at LT b/c of his arm length. This is the reason that many see the Bills passing on him & drafting Martin instead.
          Please Make Sense

Comment

• Mike
            • Jan 2009

Riley Reiff vs Martin

Who would you prefer? & why?
            Please Make Sense

Comment

• Mike
              • Jan 2009

If Riley Reiff is that good we would have a pretty good o-line with him.

C-wood
              G-Urbik, Levitre
              OT- Hairston, RR

Hairston showed promise as a rookie. Was moved to LT spot can stay there or go back to RT. RR can start at RT and transition over to LT.
              Please Make Sense

Comment

• Philagape
                WIN NOW
                • Jul 2002

RR is also a right tackle. Some scouts have a hard time seeing pan out at LT b/c of his arm length. This is the reason that many see the Bills passing on him & drafting Martin instead.
                I don't want either of them.
                "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• better days
                  • Jan 2010

Aside from some mocks by people that do not evaluate talent that have him going to the Bills, tell me who thinks Reiff has the talent to be a top 10 pick. NOBODY I have read or heard.

Comment

• Mike
                    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by better days
                    Aside from some mocks by people that do not evaluate talent that have him going to the Bills, tell me who thinks Reiff has the talent to be a top 10 pick. NOBODY I have read or heard.
                    Sure they do:

The most respected source for NFL Draft info among NFL Fans, Media, and Scouts, plus accurate, up to date NFL Depth Charts, Practice Squads and Rosters.

PS: these are rankings not mocks. Both have him in top 10 & both are formidable.
                    Please Make Sense

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

Sure they do:

The most respected source for NFL Draft info among NFL Fans, Media, and Scouts, plus accurate, up to date NFL Depth Charts, Practice Squads and Rosters.

PS: these are rankings not mocks. Both have him in top 10 & both are formidable.
                      Well, I don't know how well our lads evaluate players, but I don't think much of Bucky Brooks myself.

In any event, our lads has DeCastro ahead of Reiff & Brooks has him just behind him.

If the Bills take an OL player at #10 I guess we will have to defer to Nix on who he thinks is better.
                      Last edited by better days; 04-07-2012, 04:14 AM.

Comment

• ddaryl
                        Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                        • Jan 2005

what the OT comes down to is.. How do our scouts.FO feel about the 2nd tier players.

If they feel there is some good talent to be had later on then they'll pass on reaching for Martin or Reiff at #10. because martin and Reiff are both solid prospects but neither seem to scream can't miss.. and Reiff is more of a RT then a LT in the NFL

The closer we get to the draft the more I feel we will be looking at OT's later on...

Comment

• Don't Panic
                          All-Pro Zoner
                          • Dec 2005

I don't see anyone but Kalil being able to come in and start effectively at LT on day one. I think Martin could be an above average, dependable LT in the long run and wouldn't mind him about 10 picks back (cough... trade down). Reiff seems to be a RT, and potentially a good one. Not sure either are worth reaching for at #10. We need a LT though.

I wish there was one more player in this draft that would intrigue Minnesota, sliding Kalil to 4. I bet the Browns would once again be a willing trade down partner, already having Thomas at LT. I would gladly give up the #10 and next year's 1st (which should be a late round pick) plus a 3rd for Kalil.

Since none of that will happen, it'll be interesting to see what OBD's plan is to fill the LT spot, because I can't see anyone out there who is ready to start on day one, FA or draft.

Comment

• better days
                            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Don't Panic
                            I don't see anyone but Kalil being able to come in and start effectively at LT on day one. I think Martin could be an above average, dependable LT in the long run and wouldn't mind him about 10 picks back (cough... trade down). Reiff seems to be a RT, and potentially a good one. Not sure either are worth reaching for at #10. We need a LT though.

I wish there was one more player in this draft that would intrigue Minnesota, sliding Kalil to 4. I bet the Browns would once again be a willing trade down partner, already having Thomas at LT. I would gladly give up the #10 and next year's 1st (which should be a late round pick) plus a 3rd for Kalil.

Since none of that will happen, it'll be interesting to see what OBD's plan is to fill the LT spot, because I can't see anyone out there who is ready to start on day one, FA or draft.
                            Unless they can somehow get Kalil, I think Hairston is the starting LT next year even if the Bills trade down & draft Reiff or Martin.

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
                              Hall of Fame Zoner
                              • Jan 2010

although kiper is not the most qualified, he said reiff or floyd for bills...

Comment

Working...
                              X