PDA

View Full Version : Riley Reiff

Mike
04-06-2012, 10:33 PM
What do you think about Riley Reiff? He's being considered a top 10 talent by many. His pre-draft worries remind me of Bryan Buluga(sp?) who is a very good OT. How would you compare the two coming out of college?

Bryan dropped towards the bottom of round1 to GB & has been one of the best OT of his class.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-06-2012, 10:35 PM
i think reiff is a little more talented than bulaga and probably more of a tough guy.

i would be happy with the pick

3 years starter
2 time all big ten
1st team all american

121-1 and 3 time state champion wrestler

above average combine
safe pick coming from iowa.

he would come in right away and start for sure.

Philagape
04-06-2012, 10:45 PM
What do you think about Riley Reiff? He's being considered a top 10 talent by many. His pre-draft worries remind me of Bryan Buluga(sp?) who is a very good OT. How would you compare the two coming out of college?

Bryan dropped towards the bottom of round1 to GB & has been one of the best OT of his class.

It's worth noting that Bulaga is Green Bay's RIGHT tackle. Kinda kills the point of the comparison.

Beebe
04-06-2012, 11:01 PM
We need to draft some one that can start right away at number 10 weather is on D or offense and a lot people say the same thing about him that he needs like a year or two before he can be on the left side. We need a impact player.

Mike
04-06-2012, 11:02 PM
It's worth noting that Bulaga is Green Bay's RIGHT tackle. Kinda kills the point of the comparison.

RR is also a right tackle. Some scouts have a hard time seeing pan out at LT b/c of his arm length. This is the reason that many see the Bills passing on him & drafting Martin instead.

Mike
04-06-2012, 11:03 PM
Riley Reiff vs Martin

Who would you prefer? & why?

Mike
04-06-2012, 11:08 PM
If Riley Reiff is that good we would have a pretty good o-line with him.

C-wood
G-Urbik, Levitre
OT- Hairston, RR

Hairston showed promise as a rookie. Was moved to LT spot can stay there or go back to RT. RR can start at RT and transition over to LT.

Philagape
04-06-2012, 11:09 PM
RR is also a right tackle. Some scouts have a hard time seeing pan out at LT b/c of his arm length. This is the reason that many see the Bills passing on him & drafting Martin instead.

I don't want either of them.

better days
04-07-2012, 02:59 AM

Aside from some mocks by people that do not evaluate talent that have him going to the Bills, tell me who thinks Reiff has the talent to be a top 10 pick. NOBODY I have read or heard.

Mike
04-07-2012, 04:01 AM
Aside from some mocks by people that do not evaluate talent that have him going to the Bills, tell me who thinks Reiff has the talent to be a top 10 pick. NOBODY I have read or heard.

Sure they do:

http://www.ourlads.com/top-32-college-senior-prospects/nfl-draft/2012/1178241
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82814011/article/trent-richardson-ranks-as-no-3-prospect-in-2012-nfl-draft?module=HP11_hot_topics

PS: these are rankings not mocks. Both have him in top 10 & both are formidable.

better days
04-07-2012, 04:11 AM
Sure they do:

http://www.ourlads.com/top-32-college-senior-prospects/nfl-draft/2012/1178241
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82814011/article/trent-richardson-ranks-as-no-3-prospect-in-2012-nfl-draft?module=HP11_hot_topics

PS: these are rankings not mocks. Both have him in top 10 & both are formidable.

Well, I don't know how well our lads evaluate players, but I don't think much of Bucky Brooks myself.

In any event, our lads has DeCastro ahead of Reiff & Brooks has him just behind him.

If the Bills take an OL player at #10 I guess we will have to defer to Nix on who he thinks is better.

ddaryl
04-07-2012, 07:20 AM
what the OT comes down to is.. How do our scouts.FO feel about the 2nd tier players.

If they feel there is some good talent to be had later on then they'll pass on reaching for Martin or Reiff at #10. because martin and Reiff are both solid prospects but neither seem to scream can't miss.. and Reiff is more of a RT then a LT in the NFL

The closer we get to the draft the more I feel we will be looking at OT's later on...

Don't Panic
04-07-2012, 07:39 AM
I don't see anyone but Kalil being able to come in and start effectively at LT on day one. I think Martin could be an above average, dependable LT in the long run and wouldn't mind him about 10 picks back (cough... trade down). Reiff seems to be a RT, and potentially a good one. Not sure either are worth reaching for at #10. We need a LT though.

I wish there was one more player in this draft that would intrigue Minnesota, sliding Kalil to 4. I bet the Browns would once again be a willing trade down partner, already having Thomas at LT. I would gladly give up the #10 and next year's 1st (which should be a late round pick) plus a 3rd for Kalil.

Since none of that will happen, it'll be interesting to see what OBD's plan is to fill the LT spot, because I can't see anyone out there who is ready to start on day one, FA or draft.

better days
04-07-2012, 09:25 AM
I don't see anyone but Kalil being able to come in and start effectively at LT on day one. I think Martin could be an above average, dependable LT in the long run and wouldn't mind him about 10 picks back (cough... trade down). Reiff seems to be a RT, and potentially a good one. Not sure either are worth reaching for at #10. We need a LT though.

I wish there was one more player in this draft that would intrigue Minnesota, sliding Kalil to 4. I bet the Browns would once again be a willing trade down partner, already having Thomas at LT. I would gladly give up the #10 and next year's 1st (which should be a late round pick) plus a 3rd for Kalil.

Since none of that will happen, it'll be interesting to see what OBD's plan is to fill the LT spot, because I can't see anyone out there who is ready to start on day one, FA or draft.

Unless they can somehow get Kalil, I think Hairston is the starting LT next year even if the Bills trade down & draft Reiff or Martin.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-07-2012, 10:58 AM
although kiper is not the most qualified, he said reiff or floyd for bills...

better days
04-07-2012, 12:15 PM
although kiper is not the most qualified, he said reiff or floyd for bills...

Anyone that Mocks Reiff to the Bills at #10 is assuming the Bills will draft for need, not best player available. They have often done that in the past.

I'm hopeful Nix does not draft that way this year.

Extremebillsfan247
04-07-2012, 12:29 PM
I think Reiff would be a good fit for the Bills. After learning a little bit more about him though, I'm not sure he is going to be there at 10. Miami is starting to look like a likely landing spot for him.

Don't Panic
04-07-2012, 01:31 PM
I'm just not seeing Reiff as an option. Dude has RT written all over him and is a big stretch to pick at #10. Nix will o with the player who has the brightest future in an area of at least moderate need. The only two positions I see as completely off the board at #10 are C and DT. I wouldn't be surprised if the pick came from any other position.

better days
04-08-2012, 08:41 AM
I think Reiff would be a good fit for the Bills. After learning a little bit more about him though, I'm not sure he is going to be there at 10. Miami is starting to look like a likely landing spot for him.

Where do you get Miami as a Likely landing spot for Reiff? Listening to the Fins radio stations down here, I have not heard him mentioned.

The most talk on Fins stations is about trying to get Tannehill. After that the talk is about replacing Brandon Marshall.

If the Fins can get Tannehill in the 1st, I think they take him & draft a WR in the 2nd. If the Browns beat the Fins to Tannehill, I think they take Floyd unless Blackmon is there which I doubt.

I think Reiff would be a good fit for the Bills as well.............if the Bills can trade down. NOT at #10 however.

ddaryl
04-08-2012, 08:46 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story/18379951/before-offensive-tackles-fly-off-draft-boards-consider-supply-and-demand

after reading this article from Kirwan, I'm starting to jump back on the OT at #10 train..

Who knows, but he makes a valid point. We've seen the runs on OT's in prior drafts

better days
04-08-2012, 09:06 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story/18379951/before-offensive-tackles-fly-off-draft-boards-consider-supply-and-demand

after reading this article from Kirwan, I'm starting to jump back on the OT at #10 train..

Who knows, but he makes a valid point. We've seen the runs on OT's in prior drafts

Kirwin does make a valid point, but I am still against trying to fill a need with a player that does not have top 10 talent with the #10 pick in the draft.

I would be all for a trade down, but if that does not happen, I would rather take a guy like Adams in the 2nd rnd.

mjt328
04-08-2012, 09:01 PM

Yeah, but since Chad Clifton (a 2x Pro Bowler) is on the left side for Green Bay, Bulaga has never gotten a chance to show if he is capable of playing over there.

Philagape
04-08-2012, 09:56 PM
Yeah, but since Chad Clifton (a 2x Pro Bowler) is on the left side for Green Bay, Bulaga has never gotten a chance to show if he is capable of playing over there.

And if he does someday and becomes an elite LT, then a comparison to a LT prospect will be relevant.

Philagape
04-23-2012, 11:10 AM

Well we'll find out now ....

Packers Will Release Chad Clifton/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/23/packers-will-release-chad-clifton/)

ddaryl
04-23-2012, 11:15 AM
Kirwin does make a valid point, but I am still against trying to fill a need with a player that does not have top 10 talent with the #10 pick in the draft.

I would be all for a trade down, but if that does not happen, I would rather take a guy like Adams in the 2nd rnd.

I've changed my mind.. the only OT worth #10 is Kalil

Reiff is a RT, Adams is out of the 1st couple of rounds because of the weed test.

Cordy Glenn is a project, Martin needs to increase his strength.

ThunderGun
04-23-2012, 12:02 PM
I've changed my mind.. the only OT worth #10 is Kalil

Reiff is a RT, Adams is out of the 1st couple of rounds because of the weed test.

Cordy Glenn is a project, Martin needs to increase his strength.

Agree 100%.

stuckincincy
04-23-2012, 12:20 PM

Like the last 13 years, the rest of the league will rejoice when the Bills and their fans demand "value" in the same way as buying a toaster oven and cringe at taking a risk on a LT prospect. The Mike Williams pick hurt soooo bad.

The opponents thought there was a turnaround with Wood/Levitre, but seeing Bell and before that, Peters walk, and seemingly banking on a 2nd year player next season, the opposition is...assured.

:earpoke:

Philagape
04-23-2012, 02:04 PM
Ha! Look at this, Reiff-as-Bulaga comparers:

Knowing this moment was coming, the Packers have drafted a number of possible replacements in recent years. Bryan Bulaga was initially a left tackle as a first-round pick in 2010, but he has since moved to right tackle. Derek Sherrod, the Packers' top pick last season, played guard and tackle before suffering a season-ending broken leg in December.

But the most likely replacement could be Marshall Newhouse, a fifth-round pick in 2010 who filled in admirably for Clifton last season. As the playoffs approached, quarterback Aaron Rodgers offered this ringing endorsement of Newhouse's performance:

"Starting the season out, I didn't look at Marshall the way I look at him now. I look at him now as a guy who really has a strong, legitimate chance to be the left tackle of the future. I think he has the personality makeup to do that, the athletic ability to do that, the feet and the smarts to be a very, very solid left tackle for us."

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/40974/long-looming-packers-lt-transition-arrives