PDA

View Full Version : Bills see surge in season-ticket sales

Ed
04-07-2012, 12:58 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7784100/buffalo-bills-spending-spree-paying-ticket-sales

ddaryl
04-07-2012, 07:21 AM
build a winner and they will come

Don't Panic
04-07-2012, 07:28 AM
It is great when there is a packed house for every game. Definitely adds an edge to our effort. Now if we get a LT and an OLB we can give them something to be excited about.

Night Train
04-07-2012, 08:25 AM
It will be interesting to see the premium seat sales.

The clubs looked empty many games last season and the vast majority were up for renewel. Most said they weren't returning.

ddaryl
04-07-2012, 08:40 AM
4,320 new season ticket sales, X's $80 X's 7 games = $2,420,000 give or take a few bucks.

Still have a ways to go to pay for Mario.

like Nightrain said.. Wonder what affect it will have on premium seating ?

THATHURMANATOR
04-07-2012, 08:51 AM
My Tickets are already bought and paid for!!

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-07-2012, 09:01 AM
Ah duh, you give a little reason for Bills country to come and they will.

BLeonard
04-07-2012, 09:06 AM
Gee, only took them 12 years to figure it out...

-Bill

better days
04-07-2012, 09:11 AM
Gee, only took them 12 years to figure it out...

-Bill

Nix figured it out 2 years ago. It has taken him two years to fill the craters created the previous 10 years.

BLeonard
04-07-2012, 10:07 AM
Nix figured it out 2 years ago. It has taken him two years to fill the craters created the previous 10 years.

While I like what they've done in the offseason, the results remain to be seen.

All this money spent in Free Agency won't mean a damn thing if the Bills are again sitting on the sidelines when the playoffs begin.

-Bill

ddaryl
04-07-2012, 10:10 AM
While I like what they've done in the offseason, the results remain to be seen.

All this money spent in Free Agency won't mean a damn thing if the Bills are again sitting on the sidelines when the playoffs begin.

-Bill
Doesn't change the fact that their is an obvious attempt buy Nix and Co. to righting the ship that was sent adrift over a decade ago.

it would be painful to miss the playoffs again, but I can't complain much because I like many of the moves Nix has made, things he has said, and things he has done to strengthen the scouts, and the FO. e

BLeonard
04-07-2012, 10:17 AM
it owuld be painful to miss the playoffs again, but I can't complain much because I like many of the moves Nix has made, things he has said, and things he has done to strengthen the scouts, and the FO

So, it's OK if the Bills fail, because you like the signings and Nix's lip service?

Sorry, but I can't agree with that.

The fact of the matter is, Dick Jauron managed to win 7 games every season he was here. Nix and Gailey have yet to do that.

If the end result isn't winning games, what good are the signings and lip service?

-Bill

clumping platelets
04-07-2012, 11:53 AM
4,320 new season ticket sales, X's $80 X's 7 games = $2,420,000 give or take a few bucks.

Still have a ways to go to pay for Mario.

like Nightrain said.. Wonder what affect it will have on premium seating ?

40% goes to the visiting team if those are non club seating

better days
04-07-2012, 12:25 PM
So, it's OK if the Bills fail, because you like the signings and Nix's lip service?

The fact of the matter is, Dick Jauron managed to win 7 games every season he was here. Nix and Gailey have yet to do that.

If the end result isn't winning games, what good are the signings and lip service?

-Bill

So it is OK with you to win 7 games every year? Not me. I would rather lose for 3 years & then start WINNING & going to the playoffs.

I think this season really depends on how well Fitz plays. As Fitz goes so go the Bills. If he plays like he did the 2nd half of last season, I want him gone.

BLeonard
04-07-2012, 01:04 PM
So it is OK with you to win 7 games every year? Not me. I would rather lose for 3 years & then start WINNING & going to the playoffs.

I think this season really depends on how well Fitz plays. As Fitz goes so go the Bills. If he plays like he did the 2nd half of last season, I want him gone.

The problem with that theory is, they haven't started winning, yet they've lost for 12 years, not 3...

Like I said, I like the moves. thus far... But, at the end of the day, if they don't translate to victories, resulting in making the playoffs, I have to ask how good the moves really were...

Philly made what people considered "good moves" last year too... Look where it got them.

All's I'm saying is, let's see what the moves result in the Bills doing in 2012, before we get too excited.

-Bill

ddaryl
04-07-2012, 02:48 PM

-Bill

You can't but I can... I see us getting better and being better.. Even if we don't make the playoffs in 2012...

Building a team correctly is what I see Nix doing.. Patience and letting them do things right is the price I am willing to pay

ddaryl
04-07-2012, 02:50 PM
40% goes to the visiting team if those are non club seating

I thought home teams kept their cash ?

but I guess that would be correct based upon the premium box seating discussions of years ago regarding revenue sharing

psubills62
04-07-2012, 02:50 PM
Add the right pieces through the draft and this could be a playoff team now, and a team built for success in the future as well.

At least it's not as transparent as T.O. was.

BLeonard
04-07-2012, 03:19 PM
You can't but I can... I see us getting better and being better.. Even if we don't make the playoffs in 2012...

Building a team correctly is what I see Nix doing.. Patience and letting them do things right is the price I am willing to pay

Guess that's your prerogative...

I'm not really disagreeing, I just see if from a different angle, I guess... I agree that we should be better and that the roster looks better than it did under the Jauron years.

But, in the end, wins and losses are what count. Nix said this himself... "Show me the Baby."

You even said it in your first post of the thread:

build a winner and they will come

That's fine and I agree... But, they haven't won anything as of yet. Hopefully, that changes in 2012.

-Bill

BillsWin
04-07-2012, 03:56 PM
The Bills have the best fans in the NFL. If you show them you're legitimately devoted to winning then they will spend the money to come to the games and do so in great numbers no matter what the economy is like.

That's the thing about Buffalo, when she is down she is not out. The fans just want to see something in return for all of their loyalty.

This offseason has gone a long way in showing that. Now time to show us the baby.