PDA

View Full Version : I am kind of glad they didn't make the playoffs

chernobylwraiths
04-07-2012, 02:21 PM
This team desperately needs a big shakeup. If they do what I suspect they will do and go after Gaustad in free agency, then the team might actually be taking a monumental leap backwards if they sign him and do little else.

I actually think that they have found their first line center of the future in Hodgson. He showed that he is very talented with the puck, he just needs to get a little stronger on the puck and he should be good. He showed a lot more willingness to go to those areas of the ice you need to go to make a play. Ennis will be very good as second line center.

I think they should trade two of the core players of this team. They need to trade two of the group of Roy, Pominville, Stafford and Vanek. No coincedence that they all have letters on their jerseys. Trading only one would be a good start, but it might not be enough.

They have Boyes and Hecht contracts gone, so they don't have to do it for salary cap reasons, they need to do it to build a team that can compete in the playoffs and win a cup.