PDA

View Full Version : Vikings open to trading the 3rd pick

Beebe
04-08-2012, 12:50 AM
http://tracking.si.com/2012/04/06/report-vikings-gm-rick-spielman-considering-trading-no-3-overall-draft-pick/?sct=nfl_t2_a4

With Ryan Tannehill being the next big thing there will be a lot of movement in the front of the draft so Matt Kalil could fall to the Browns so they might just want to trade back like they did last year.

6'6⅝"
HEIGHT
306 lbs
WEIGHT
34.4"
ARM LENGTH
10.3"

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-08-2012, 05:50 AM
After seeing what the Rams got, I would be open too.

YardRat
04-08-2012, 06:18 AM
Maybe they'll pull another stunner by moving down a few picks without trading anything.

Mike
04-09-2012, 05:37 AM
Don't the browns already have good OT

X-Era
04-09-2012, 06:13 AM
Don't the browns already have good OTYes Joe Thomas. And if the Vikes don't take Kalil he could drop to maybe TB at 5 although they resigned Penn who's getting good money. The Rams at 6 could be a landing spot for Kalil. I think the 3 spot is pivotal. If the Fins think the Browns will take Tannehill they have to move up to 3 to get him. That puts the Kalil drop in motion.

I think that if the Bills coveted Blackmon or Kalil, they could wait to see what happens at 3, could move to 5 and may be able to draft either.

better days
04-09-2012, 08:31 AM
Yes Joe Thomas. And if the Vikes don't take Kalil he could drop to maybe TB at 5 although they resigned Penn who's getting good money. The Rams at 6 could be a landing spot for Kalil. I think the 3 spot is pivotal. If the Fins think the Browns will take Tannehill they have to move up to 3 to get him. That puts the Kalil drop in motion.

I think that if the Bills coveted Blackmon or Kalil, they could wait to see what happens at 3, could move to 5 and may be able to draft either.

Yeah, just as said in the thread I started about the Bills trade up.

CleveSteve
04-09-2012, 08:41 AM
If Kalil falls to 4 due to MIN trading down, the Browns will certainly try to sell #4. Whether or not they'll be able to would be based on if JAX, MIN, or BUF would make it worth their while. STL for sure has to have Kalil as #1 on their board but isn't going to bid against air. The Browns wouldn't want to move down to #7 or #8 for cheap then possibly miss out on both Richardson and Blackmon. They'd much prefer to do business with STL at 6.