PDA

View Full Version : Taylor Thompson - Sleeper at TE

X-Era
04-08-2012, 07:54 AM
http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/04/05/smus-thompson-impresses-at-tight-end/

An 6' 5 7/8" 259 pound ex-DE with a 37 inch vertical and runs a sub 4.6 and who can catch? Interesting.

Backup TE is a spot where we could use help. I'd prefer a quick receiving type TE.

Night Train
04-08-2012, 08:04 AM
I was reading about TE's recently and there seems to be a bunch of athletic types with basketball backgrounds. (hands,leaping ability,size,stregth) Our new TE coach Pete Metz was a Div. 3 All-American BB player at Wabash College. The difference today is that these types have decent speed to boot.

Wouldn't be surprised to see one drafted at all.

YardRat
04-08-2012, 09:03 AM
Funny how a guy like that can fly under the radar for so many years and all of a sudden shoot up to third/fourth round status.

acehole
04-08-2012, 09:19 AM
I was reading about TE's recently and there seems to be a bunch of athletic types with basketball backgrounds. (hands,leaping ability,size,stregth) Our new TE coach Pete Metz was a Div. 3 All-American BB player at Wabash College. The difference today is that these types have decent speed to boot.

They can be used like NE uses them....In our system they can chip block LB's and Safties...go over middle and out muscle a db at LOS.

If you can find one with speed later in the draft you take them...

If you think one can be a #2 WR you take him early.

acehole
04-08-2012, 09:20 AM

This draft is so deep...

We need more picks!

BillsOverDolphins
04-08-2012, 10:04 AM
I want Allen

DraftBoy
04-08-2012, 10:24 AM
Funny how a guy like that can fly under the radar for so many years and all of a sudden shoot up to third/fourth round status.

As well as being a DE for all those years.

TigerJ
04-08-2012, 07:20 PM
I would like to know more about Fendi Onobun, who is on the Bills' roster. I think he's another one of these athletic former basketball playing tight ends with speed. I wonder how much talent he actually has, and how close he might actually be to contributing.

k-oneputt
04-08-2012, 07:30 PM

That's called outsmarting the room.
The Bills were the masters at it for the last decade. Just look at all those stud players they found from those obscure places.

Skooby
04-08-2012, 07:40 PM
That's called outsmarting the room.
The Bills were the masters at it for the last decade. Just look at all those stud players they found from those obscure places.

Net results = 0 to show for it.

Goobylal
04-08-2012, 07:56 PM
I still want Fleener in the first.

k-oneputt
04-08-2012, 08:00 PM
Net results = 0 to show for it.

Now you are seeing what the problem was.

With Modrak out of here I think it is over.