Could Floyd be taken before the #10 pick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Could Floyd be taken before the #10 pick?

Miami is working him out:

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

"His explosion off the line is exceptional -- I would compare it to Justin Blackmon's," Mayock said.
    A receiver like Floyd could make sense considering the Dolphins must somehow replace the production of Brandon Marshall (81 receptions and 1,214 receiving yards), who was traded to the Chicago Bears this offseason.
    Sundquist said Miami could do what the Cincinnati Bengals did last year -- taking a receiver in the first round (A.J. Green) and a quarterback in the second (Andy Dalton)."

I think Floyds stock is rising. However, theres also enough players that are considered to be ranked higher that he should still be there at 10. I mean Miami should take Claiborne over Floyd if both fall... that's just one example.

• alohabillsfan
    • Sep 2003

Re: Could Floyd be taken before the #10 pick?

I dont think he makes it past Jacksonville atleast from what Im hearing on the radio down here. They go DE or WR. Gabbert needs a go to guy, and their D was pretty good last year.

Comment

• better days
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by X-Era

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

"His explosion off the line is exceptional -- I would compare it to Justin Blackmon's," Mayock said.
      A receiver like Floyd could make sense considering the Dolphins must somehow replace the production of Brandon Marshall (81 receptions and 1,214 receiving yards), who was traded to the Chicago Bears this offseason.
      Sundquist said Miami could do what the Cincinnati Bengals did last year -- taking a receiver in the first round (A.J. Green) and a quarterback in the second (Andy Dalton)."

I think Floyds stock is rising. However, theres also enough players that are considered to be ranked higher that he should still be there at 10. I mean Miami should take Claiborne over Floyd if both fall... that's just one example.
      I have been saying Floyd could be gone before the Bills pick for a while now. There are other teams besides Miami that could use a WR & Blackmon & Floyd are the two best.

I doubt Claiborne makes it past the Bucs unless they trade down.

Comment

• acehole
        • Jan 2006

Yes....I posted that thought last week.

He is TO with speed.

Last edited by X-Era; 04-08-2012, 08:46 AM.
        Hated by the stupid..
        Loved by their moms.

Comment

• X-Era
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by better days
          I have been saying Floyd could be gone before the Bills pick for a while now. There are other teams besides Miami that could use a WR & Blackmon & Floyd are the two best.

I doubt Claiborne makes it past the Bucs unless they trade down.
          I still think Tannehill and Poe will push Floyd down to us.

Comment

• X-Era
            • Feb 2005

And this talk of Floyd going before Blackmon is probably just talk. On draft day, GM's will likely favor Blackmon. But if your a WR at 10 fan for the Bills the nightmare scenario would be for Floyd to be taken over Blackmon... Because a team will snap up Blackmon quickly if that happens... or even trade up from below us to get him. I could see Floyd dropping to us but if Floyd goes before Blackmon I just can't see Blackmon falling to us.

Last edited by X-Era; 04-08-2012, 08:54 AM.

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

Sure he could...but Miami working him out doesn't mean any more for them than the Bills bringing in guys (Blackmon, Richardson) for a look-see means for us.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• X-Era
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by YardRat
                Sure he could...but Miami working him out doesn't mean any more for them than the Bills bringing in guys (Blackmon, Richardson) for a look-see means for us.
                Totally agree.

I only think it may legitimize Floyd possibly going in the top 10. My thought was that you wouldn't work him out when you sit at 8 unless you were actually ranking him around there. Were not working out mid to late first rounders for the same reason.

Comment

• acehole
                  • Jan 2006

And this talk of Floyd going before Blackmon is probably just talk. On draft day, GM's will likely favor Blackmon. But if your a WR at 10 fan for the Bills the nightmare scenario would be for Floyd to be taken over Blackmon... Because a team will snap up Blackmon quickly if that happens... or even trade up from below us to get him. I could see Floyd dropping to us but if Floyd goes before Blackmon I just can't see Blackmon falling to us.

https://twitter.com/#/gregcosell/sta...10168371007488

It is possible...it comes down to system and what fits whos....

Who would you rather have TO with Speed?

or Boldin with moves like jagger.
                  Hated by the stupid..
                  Loved by their moms.

Comment

• acehole
                    • Jan 2006

Totally agree.

I only think it may legitimize Floyd possibly going in the top 10. My thought was that you wouldn't work him out when you sit at 8 unless you were actually ranking him around there. Were not working out mid to late first rounders for the same reason.

I do know he will go higher then expected......

Miami has no weapons...and Miami does not want to work to contain him 2 x a year.
                    Hated by the stupid..
                    Loved by their moms.

Comment

• YardRat
                      Well, lookie here...
                      • Dec 2004

Originally posted by acehole
                      It is possible...it comes down to system and what fits whos....

Who would you rather have TO with Speed?

or Boldin with moves like jagger.
                      Nominee for one of the worst songs...ever.
                      YardRat Wall of Fame
                      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Raptor
                        • Jan 2009

I think he's been a top 10 pick since he entered the draft and I still think he's going to Jacksonville. The only thing that separates Floyd from Blackmon is Blackmon doesn't have the DUI.

I think we are taking Gilmore at 10 unless the Panthers snap him at 9

Comment

• we are
                          • Oct 2008

What's with all the TO with speed posts?? Owens was a great deep threat with plenty of speed.

Comment

• mrbojanglezs
                            • Jan 2010

Yes be could. Plus seems like every team is bringing him in for a visit except the Bills.

@alexmarvez: Michael Floyd says he's visiting this week with #Titans #Rams #Jets & Bengals, next week with #Cardinals #Dolphins #49ers & #Vikings

@alexmarvez: Floyd has visited with #Panthers & #Browns, conducted private workout with #Eagles this past week

Comment

• jamze132
                              Don’t hate…
                              • Jun 2003

Maybe we can get Coples then. Talk about a relentless pass rush for 60 min per week.

Comment

Working...
                              X