PDA

View Full Version : 7 Round Bills Mock

acehole
04-08-2012, 09:49 AM
http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/buffalo_bills_2012_mock_draft_full_7_round_projections/10508249

Round 1: Luke Kuechly, LB, Boston College

The Bills could also look for an offensive tackle here, but Kuechly is a blue chip prospect that will be the last piece of this much-improved defense, particularly against the run. Kuechly can play on multiple positions at linebacker, so the Bills will have options in terms of deciding who he will replace.

Kuechly may not make a ton of highlight reel-worthy plays, but he is as solid of a football player as they come.

Round 2: Rueben Randle, WR, LSU

Randle is a raw prospect in terms of his route running, but he has a lot of upside and will have a chance to compete for a starting job in a receiving corps that is in need of a solid number two threat opposite Stevie Johnson.

Round 3: Nate Potter, OT, Boise State

As of now, the raw but talented Chris Hairston is slated to start on Ryan FItzpatrick’s blind side. Hairston may very well be the man for the job, but the Bills need to have some kind of insurance plan in case Hairston is not up for the task.

Round 4 (pick 1): Nick Toon, WR, Wisconsin

Toon is not the most explosive receiver in the draft, but he makes tough catches in traffic and will add further depth an competition to the receiving corps.

Round 4 (pick 2): Jayron Hosley, CB, Virginia Tech

Hosley had a terrific junior year, leading the nation in interceptions. But injuries lead to a bit of a down year in 2011. Hosley is best suited as a zone corner with great instincts and ball skills, and perhaps may be able to make a move to safety.

Round 5 (pick 1): Mike Martin, DT, Michigan

Martin is a powerful run defender that can contribute on a rotational basis to give Williams and Dareus a breather. He’s not much of a pass rusher, but he is an incredibly powerful man as a former wrestler and can hold is own on running downs.

Round 5 (pick 2): Russell Wilson, QB, Wisconsin

A quarterback prospect who will be severely limited by his size, Wilson will make Bills fans reminiscent of the days of Doug Flutie. The Bills need some depth at quarterback, and Wilson will at least get a chance to prove doubters wrong.

Round 6: Jonathan Massaquoi, DE, Troy

The Bills seemed to have finally found a solution to their pass rush woes with the signing of Mario Williams and Mark Anderson, but depth is still an issue. Massaquoi is a small school prospect with some pass rush ability that will be able to develop behind the two veterans.

Round 7: James Brooks, OG, Virginia Tech

Brooks can provide some added depth to an interior line that has not had much luck with injuries in recent years.

gonzo1105
04-08-2012, 10:22 AM
I like it, but Mike Martin, Jayron Hosley, and Jonathan Massaquoi will all go earlier. I could see Hosley going as early as bottom of round 2 with 3rd round more likely. Massaquoi also has a chance to go round 2 with round 3 more likely as well. Martin is the one I could see dropping but he has great ability and see him as more of a 4th rounder but I could see 5 for him.

Cali512
04-08-2012, 03:14 PM
My dream mock!