no no it isn't see this guy doesn't actually pick for the Bills

Maybe it was a personal comment. :biggrin:

NOT THE DUDE...
04-09-2012, 09:33 AM
MAJOR DISASTER.

why?

CleveSteve
04-09-2012, 09:38 AM
Picks 3 and 4a are reaches but really it's not terrible. Reiff is probably the 2nd-best LT in the draft and Curry is a 3-down DE. Norman would be a nice pickup in the 4th. Judie's not bad.

Probably better off taking your 2nd OT in the third (or an OLB) then taking Carder in the 5th or 6th. I think you could switch it up like this:

2012 MOCK DRAFT
1 RILEY REIFF OT
2 VINNY CURRY DE
3 MITCHELL SCHWARTZ OT
4 JOSH NORMAN CB
4 RUSSELL WILSON QB
5 CORYELL JUDIE CB
5 MARQUIS MAZE WR
6 TANK CARDER LB
7 BPA
7 BPA

Getting two guys who can start at OT would be a win for the Bills. Not my best-case scenario but not a MAJOR DISASTER imo.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-09-2012, 09:42 AM
i think the bills have a higher opinion on wilson and carder

DrGraves
04-09-2012, 09:46 AM
I APPRECIATE THAT YOU USE CAP LOCKS BECAUSE I WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO READ YOUR POSTS OTHERWISE!

better days
04-09-2012, 09:46 AM
why?

Reiff at #10 & Wilson in the 3rd rnd are my biggest problems with your mock. Reiff is not a top 10 talent & I hate using a top 10 pick to draft for need. The 3rd rnd is way to high for Wilson, he can probably be had in the 5th. I also do not like your waiting until the 5th rnd for WR.

CleveSteve
04-09-2012, 09:50 AM
Reiff at #10 & Wilson in the 3rd rnd are my biggest problems with your mock. Reiff is not a top 10 talent & I hate using a top 10 pick to draft for need. The 3rd rnd is way to high for Wilson, he can probably be had in the 5th. I also do not like your waiting until the 5th rnd for WR.

I get this and it's a valid concern, but it will be very difficult to get a LT who can start at a passable level as a rookie outside the first round in this draft. I think the Bills should trade up for Kalil or trade down to take Reiff or Martin (maybe even Adams) but good luck finding a starting LT by the time pick #41 rolls around. I think if the Bills pass on Reiff he'll probably go 13 to the Cards, so at what point is he not a reach?

better days
04-09-2012, 09:56 AM
I get this and it's a valid concern, but it will be very difficult to get a LT who can start at a passable level as a rookie outside the first round in this draft. I think the Bills should trade up for Kalil or trade down to take Reiff or Martin (maybe even Adams) but good luck finding a starting LT by the time pick #41 rolls around. I think if the Bills pass on Reiff he'll probably go 13 to the Cards, so at what point is he not a reach?

Reiff may not even be able to play LT any better than Hairston does. He has been projected at RT by most experts.

I would love for the Bills to get Kalil, but I doubt it happens. I would rather the Bills wait & draft Glenn or Adams than use the #10 pick on Reiff myself.

Jan Reimers
04-09-2012, 10:03 AM
Those are some of my issues, too, as well as drafting a DE in the 2nd when we just spent $120 Mil or so on 2 big time pass rushing DEs. Oh, and Carder is pretty much like Sheppard, and you'd like more than depth out of a 4th rounder.

CleveSteve
04-09-2012, 10:08 AM
Reiff may not even be able to play LT any better than Hairston does. He has been projected at RT by most experts.

I would love for the Bills to get Kalil, but I doubt it happens. I would rather the Bills wait & draft Glenn or Adams than use the #10 pick on Reiff myself.

Wait and draft Glenn or Adams where? I highly doubt either will be there at 41, I don't think Glenn makes it to 20 and I don't think Adams makes it out of the first.

better days
04-09-2012, 10:23 AM
Wait and draft Glenn or Adams where? I highly doubt either will be there at 41, I don't think Glenn makes it to 20 and I don't think Adams makes it out of the first.

I agree, I think the Bills can either trade down from #10 or trade up from the 2nd rnd.

CleveSteve
04-09-2012, 10:30 AM
I agree, I think the Bills can either trade down from #10 or trade up from the 2nd rnd.

Yeah, to me trade down and get one of the tackles around 14-18 is the best case scenario for the Bills picking up an extra second. I think this would be a great start of the draft for the Bills:

1. OT Martin
2a. OLB Lavonte David
2b. OLB Bobby Wagner
3. OT Schwartz (or Mosley or Massie)

stuckincincy
04-09-2012, 11:19 AM
Yeah, to me trade down and get one of the tackles around 14-18 is the best case scenario for the Bills picking up an extra second. I think this would be a great start of the draft for the Bills:

1. OT Martin
2a. OLB Lavonte David
2b. OLB Bobby Wagner
3. OT Schwartz (or Mosley or Massie)

I'm having a hard time thinking of a player available at #10 that would make another club want to trade up. Perhaps DeCastro or Glenn. Maybe Cox.

I'd imagine that if #11 KC wanted DeCastro, they'd just wait.

CleveSteve
04-09-2012, 11:21 AM
I could see a team wanting to move up for Kirkpatrick. Maybe Coples. If someone really wanted Poe they'd probably feel like they had to move ahead of KC. I don't think the chances are good for Buff to trade down, though.

stuckincincy
04-09-2012, 11:31 AM
I could see a team wanting to move up for Kirkpatrick. Maybe Coples. If someone really wanted Poe they'd probably feel like they had to move ahead of KC. I don't think the chances are good for Buff to trade down, though.

Under the theory that every club covets a CB - yes - Kirkpatrick might attract.

FWIW, CIN seems to be backing out of picking a G - they signed FA's Terrell Wharton (CAR) and Jacob Bell (STL) - between the two, 199 starts out of 208 game appearances.

Although if DeCastro fell...

Regarding Glenn - they'd think about him (G/C). Their OL coach Paul Alexander likes versatility.

better days
04-09-2012, 02:37 PM
I'm having a hard time thinking of a player available at #10 that would make another club want to trade up. Perhaps DeCastro or Glenn. Maybe Cox.

I'd imagine that if #11 KC wanted DeCastro, they'd just wait.

I can think of a few.........Floyd, Coples, Ingram, DeCastro, Reiff........as a RT.

dannyek71
04-09-2012, 02:50 PM
I APPRECIATE THAT YOU USE CAP LOCKS BECAUSE I WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO READ YOUR POSTS OTHERWISE!

dude this guy called me pretensious cuz i said bad stuff about hiz grammer when he was posting;, leave them alone this is not a spelling or english or grammer contenst

JCBills
04-09-2012, 03:41 PM
CAPS LOCK MAKES IT FOR REALS YO.

gr8slayer
04-09-2012, 06:03 PM
Those are some of my issues, too, as well as drafting a DE in the 2nd when we just spent $120 Mil or so on 2 big time pass rushing DEs. Oh, and Carder is pretty much like Sheppard, and you'd like more than depth out of a 4th rounder.
I don't have a problem with drafting a DE early, or any DL for that matter. There are three areas where you can never have enough depth; QB, OL, and DL. Now as to the player drafted, I don't personally like it.

Edit: While I don't personally care for your mock, I appreciate the effort you put into setting it up. It's always interesting to see what people are thinking.

Bert102176
04-09-2012, 08:02 PM
iN MY OPINION if the Bills don't get Blackmon or Floyd in the 1st then every thing they did this off season is wasted

gr8slayer
04-09-2012, 09:32 PM
iN MY OPINION if the Bills don't get Blackmon or Floyd in the 1st then every thing they did this off season is wasted
Sarcasm?

Bert102176
04-09-2012, 09:48 PM
a little but out of those 2 players we NEED one of them