PDA

View Full Version : Floyd head of blackmon...

acehole
04-09-2012, 07:44 AM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000d5d82821dd1/article/hot-100-plenty-of-draftstock-movement-as-pro-days-wrap-up?module=HP11_hot_topics

Also some other surprises.

Goobylal
04-09-2012, 07:49 AM
If a receiver is being considered, you take Fleener.

acehole
04-09-2012, 08:03 AM
If a receiver is being considered, you take Fleener.

Ten to high 2 nd two low...:gossips: :gossips: :gossips:

TedMock
04-09-2012, 09:34 AM
I agree with Brandt. I really like Blackmon, but I have had Floyd and Wright ahead of him for some time. Blackmon is #3 in my opinion. I think Floyd and Blackmon will be drafted ahead of Wright though as Wright will fit the slot better in most systems.

BloFan4Life
04-09-2012, 09:47 AM
I hate this time of year. Everyone of these "draft gurus" have their own opinion to get hits on their website. I could pull up hundreds of other guys who have Blackmon much higher. Blackmon is the better player with the more potential, I can't even believe it is being discussed.

CleveSteve
04-09-2012, 09:58 AM
Blackmon's last two years:

232 catches, >3300 receiving yards, 38 TDs.

Floyd is good, but he's not better than Blackmon. They're different guys IMO. Blackmon is the type who will catch the ball, break the tackle of the corner, then make the safety miss and go for a TD. Gets open at all levels. He plays just like TO.

Floyd IMO is more like Vincent Jackson. A big strong guy who has good speed and is best used in one-on-one situations where he can physically overmatch his defender.

They're both well worth the #10 pick. Floyd might be every bit as productive in Buffalo's offense. I guess I was coming at it from the Browns' offense POV where Blackmon is a much better candidate, but yeah Floyd could be quite a receiver for Buff.

acehole
04-09-2012, 10:20 AM
I hate this time of year. Everyone of these "draft gurus" have their own opinion to get hits on their website. I could pull up hundreds of other guys who have Blackmon much higher. Blackmon is the better player with the more potential, I can't even believe it is being discussed.

Gill Brant is not just some guy.

He is the Godfather of the draft.

He is sick and can tell you things like their parents birthdays.

He has a proven history of being very accurate...so I agree these draft guy can be a dime a dozen.

Gil Brant should not be put into that category.

acehole
04-09-2012, 10:20 AM

He has a proven history of being very accurate...so I agree these draft guy can be a dime a dozen.

Gil Brant should not be put into that category.

CleveSteve
04-09-2012, 10:24 AM
He also says Brock Osweiler may have put himself in the first round at his pro day. So does that mean the Bills should draft him if he's available in the 2nd?

And BTW, Brant has Reiff as the #10 prospect, Tannehill as the #6, and Coples at #4. Floyd is rated #12 and Blackmon #13. Who should the Bills draft at ten?

DraftBoy
04-09-2012, 10:26 AM

Actually right about now, Im not sure you could pull up hundreds of guys. Take a look at the rankings that come out over the next week or so.

acehole
04-09-2012, 10:27 AM
He also says Brock Osweiler may have put himself in the first round at his pro day. So does that mean the Bills should draft him if he's available in the 2nd?

And BTW, Brant has Reiff as the #10 prospect, Tannehill as the #6, and Coples at #4. Floyd is rated #12 and Blackmon #13. Who should the Bills draft at ten?

BAP.

W1DER1GHT
04-09-2012, 10:33 AM
I will say one thing, Gil Brandt probably has some of the very best connections in the league. Most of what he says before the Draft turns out to be dead on. If he ever says anything about "hearing" things from sources my ears perk up, because he always seems to be in the loop of almost every teams process. How? I have no clue, but he is right WAY more often than he's wrong. Take it for what it's worth, but I wouldn't lump him in with ANY of the other so called experts. This guy is actually in the know...he's very, very well connected.

TedMock
04-09-2012, 10:40 AM
I will say one thing, Gil Brandt probably has some of the very best connections in the league. Most of what he says before the Draft turns out to be dead on. If he ever says anything about "hearing" things from sources my ears perk up, because he always seems to be in the loop of almost every teams process. How? I have no clue, but he is right WAY more often than he's wrong. Take it for what it's worth, but I wouldn't lump him in with ANY of the other so called experts. This guy is actually in the know...he's very, very well connected.

Dude has connections out the dupa. He started scouting professionally in the 1950's and was with Dallas for 29 years. He's been with NFL.com for a while and is considered the "Godfather of the draft." Well respected guys like that are able to stay in touch and get good info.

BloFan4Life
04-09-2012, 10:41 AM

Gil Brant should not be put into that category. Gil Brant is just another talking head on a major network, if you think otherwise you are delusional. He is not the godfather of the draft at all. Mayock is better than him by far and that guy from Dallas News who has the best mock drafts over the last years has proof he is better than Brant. Who cares if he can tell you their birthdays?? It reminds me of Pierre Mcguire. He will tell you everything about the stupid players but there are reasons why he isn't in a front office. Please show me proof that he has been proven to be accurate. He is in the category of throwing crap at the wall like hundreds of others before the draft.

W1DER1GHT
04-09-2012, 10:54 AM
Haha^.....I'm sure there are some tennis forums you can go troll.

DraftBoy
04-09-2012, 10:55 AM
Gil Brant is just another talking head on a major network, if you think otherwise you are delusional. He is not the godfather of the draft at all. Mayock is better than him by far and that guy from Dallas News who has the best mock drafts over the last years has proof he is better than Brant. Who cares if he can tell you their birthdays?? It reminds me of Pierre Mcguire. He will tell you everything about the stupid players but there are reasons why he isn't in a front office. Please show me proof that he has been proven to be accurate. He is in the category of throwing crap at the wall like hundreds of others before the draft.

Mayock learned under Brandt and Gosselin isn't a draft guy. He only does a couple mocks a year and its based on his NFL connections.

Brandt doesn't do predictions, he does projections. Basing talent evaluators off predictions like mock drafts is basically pissing in the wind. It doesn't tell you anything.

acehole
04-09-2012, 11:16 AM
Gil Brant is just another talking head on a major network, if you think otherwise you are delusional. He is not the godfather of the draft at all. Mayock is better than him by far and that guy from Dallas News who has the best mock drafts over the last years has proof he is better than Brant. Who cares if he can tell you their birthdays?? It reminds me of Pierre Mcguire. He will tell you everything about the stupid players but there are reasons why he isn't in a front office. Please show me proof that he has been proven to be accurate. He is in the category of throwing crap at the wall like hundreds of others before the draft.

I HAVE respect for mayock as well...but you are on another planet and alone in the dark with no food or water on this opinion.

acehole
04-09-2012, 11:17 AM
Mayock learned under Brandt and Gosselin isn't a draft guy. He only does a couple mocks a year and its based on his NFL connections.

Brandt doesn't do predictions, he does projections. Basing talent evaluators off predictions like mock drafts is basically pissing in the wind. It doesn't tell you anything.

Do you agree Gil is just about the best?

DraftBoy
04-09-2012, 11:30 AM
Do you agree Gil is just about the best?

I think so, he gets some wrong as everybody does but he's the Godfather.

gr8slayer
04-09-2012, 06:14 PM

I disagree about Gosselin, I think he's as much a draft guy as anyone. He has a lot more insider information on players coming out of the draft than some give him credit for.