PDA

View Full Version : Suspensions to Saints Payton / Loomis / Vitt all get upheld

Skooby
04-09-2012, 12:13 PM
They might adjust the 2013 pick loss & some financial considerations down the road.

DraftBoy
04-09-2012, 12:16 PM
The adjustment of the 2013 pick loss is the biggest part of the whole thing.

Forward_Lateral
04-09-2012, 12:25 PM
The adjustment of the 2013 pick loss is the biggest part of the whole thing.

I disagree. Payton being suspended for the entire season, and GW suspended indefinitely have much bigger impacts, on the Saints, the individuals and whomever Moobs was set to be DC for.

Jan Reimers
04-09-2012, 12:26 PM
The NFL should hold its ground on every one of its original rulings. The game is violent and dangerous enough already, without the bounty stuff. Goodell needs to send a very strog message.

Forward_Lateral
04-09-2012, 12:31 PM
After hearing/reading what GW actually told his players, I agree, Jan. I was skeptical before those reports came out about what was actually happening. Now it's pretty clear cut that GW was telling his players to try and injure opponents. Whether or not Payton knew about it (let's assume he did because we can't be that naive) or not, he should be punished. A whole season is a lot, but it's been upheld, and the commissioner has handled this issue properly, IMO. I know that's not what I thought before, but that was before the tapes of GW were released.

Skooby
04-09-2012, 12:41 PM
Payton is the head coach, so ultimately he is responsible for all the other coaches behavior(s). See their GM for the downhill roll.

Crisis
04-09-2012, 12:48 PM
Will anyone even hire GW again when/if he ever comes back?

Jan Reimers
04-09-2012, 12:55 PM
Will anyone even hire GW again when/if he ever comes back?
I, for one, hope he never gets hired again, at any level. He does not belong in football.

YardRat
04-09-2012, 01:47 PM
The league better not give an inch.

DraftBoy
04-09-2012, 01:54 PM
I disagree. Payton being suspended for the entire season, and GW suspended indefinitely have much bigger impacts, on the Saints, the individuals and whomever Moobs was set to be DC for.

Disagree entirely. We knew they would be suspended and even half a year for Payton would be crippeling. Nobody in New Orleans is too concerned about this year or expects much. Giving them back their first rounder next year is a far bigger deal than maintaining the Payton suspension.

DraftBoy
04-09-2012, 01:54 PM
The league better not give an inch.

I have little doubt that it will.

Buddo
04-09-2012, 05:43 PM
I've said this before, Payton should be suspended for the amount of time he let this happen for - i.e. 3 years unless I'm mistaken.
He may not have instigated it, but he simply cannot say that he didn't condone it, as it went on for far too long.

The whole situation stinks, and tbh, the likes of Payton should be bloody grateful that the Feds haven't been called in, as the year out, might be being spent inside otherwise.

gr8slayer
04-09-2012, 06:06 PM
I'm very torn on this whole thing. I really want a violent game with a lot of excitement, but I think there's a right and a wrong way to be violent. I don't personally think that the way Williams and the Saints did it is the right way.

thenry20
04-09-2012, 10:50 PM
The NFL should hold its ground on every one of its original rulings. The game is violent and dangerous enough already, without the bounty stuff. Goodell needs to send a very strog message.

That is why Greg should serve a 3 year ban. 1 for every year he was DC. Or whatever time he spent there.

I don't understand how some here just wave this stuff off like it's nothing. If the primary bread winner of your family was stricken down somehow, would you be so heartless? People's lives and livelihoods are in jeopardy hear.

I'm sorry but wrong is wrong.

better days
04-09-2012, 11:19 PM
That is why Greg should serve a 3 year ban. 1 for every year he was DC. Or whatever time he spent there.

I don't understand how some here just wave this stuff off like it's nothing. If the primary bread winner of your family was stricken down somehow, would you be so heartless? People's lives and livelihoods are in jeopardy hear.

I'm sorry but wrong is wrong.

3 years? You don't put a pedophile in charge of an orphanage. Gregg Williams should never set foot in an NFL locker room again in his life IMO.

Luisito23
04-09-2012, 11:23 PM
Gregg Williams should never set foot in an NFL locker room again in his life IMO.

Not to worry, Williams is all but done in the NFL, and the NCAA...

Even Arena, and Pewee football is too for him

jamze132
04-10-2012, 05:30 AM
Disagree entirely. We knew they would be suspended and even half a year for Payton would be crippeling. Nobody in New Orleans is too concerned about this year or expects much. Giving them back their first rounder next year is a far bigger deal than maintaining the Payton suspension.
He should be suspended for the year AND they should lose their 1st RD pick this year and next.

better days
04-10-2012, 07:49 AM
He should be suspended for the year AND they should lose their 1st RD pick this year and next.

The Saints did not have a first rnd pick this year because it had been traded away before bountygate. That is the reason they lost the 2nd rnd pick for two years.

jamze132
04-10-2012, 08:20 AM
The Saints did not have a first rnd pick this year because it had been traded away before bountygate. That is the reason they lost the 2nd rnd pick for two years.
Yeah, you're right. My bad.

I still think they should penalize the **** out of NO. GM knew, HC knew. And this isn't Payton's first run in with trouble. Remember painkillergate?