PDA

View Full Version : Servo's "ridiculously early who-cares-seriously"

ServoBillieves
04-09-2012, 05:15 PM
Welp, it's boring around here, I don't care about the Saints and I'm on medical leave so I have nothing to do but watch game tape and make mock drafts.

I truly, truly believe this team will move back in the first round to the 15 or 16 spot, and I think that if that is the case, Reiff is the go to guy. That being said I don't know what for or with what team, but it just seems too good to another team.

This is my draft if that is the case...

1) Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa; 6’6” 313 (Expecting Trade back)
2) Mohamed Sanu, WR, Rutgers; 6’2” 211
3) Tank Carder, LB, TCU; 6’2” 236
4) Coryell Judie, CB, Texas A&M; 6’0” 194
4) Travis Lewis, OLB, Oklahoma; 6’2” 232
5) James Hanna, TE, Oklahoma; 6’4” 252
6) Chandler Harnish, QB, Northern Illinois; 6’2” 219
7) Don Barclay, OL, WVU; 6’4” 305
7) Matt Merletti, S/DB, NC; 5’11” 202

IF we do not trade, and go bare bones as we enjoy doing (coughMarvcough) and take what we can with the picks we have, I'd see it going fairly similar in the later rounds, but...

1) Michael Floyd (WR) Notre Dame, 6'3" 220
2) Ronnell Lewis (OLB) Oklahoma; 6'2" 255
3) Josh Robinson (CB) UCF; 5'11" 199
4) Tony Bergstrom (OL) Utah; 6'5" 320
4) T.Y. Hilton (WR) FIU; 5'10" 185
5) Rishaw Johnson (OL) CALU: 6'3" 313
6) Chandler Harnish (QB) Northern Illinois; 6'2" 219
7) Drake Dunsmore (FB/TE) Northwestern; 6'3" 241
7) Delvin Johnson (DT/NT) Marshall; 6'3" 312

BertSquirtgum
04-09-2012, 05:42 PM
Terrible mocks.

gonzo1105
04-09-2012, 05:46 PM
Josh Robinson is being talked about as a late first early 2nd round type pick. There is zero chance, pending injury or something unknown, he falls to the 3rd round. Love Carder in the 3rd as I have seen many people projecting him at round 5-7 and laugh at that. Carder will go 3rd or 4th round.

gr8slayer
04-09-2012, 06:01 PM
Are you trying to fill positions of need, or are you going BPA?

YardRat
04-09-2012, 07:51 PM
We have two fifths.

ServoBillieves
04-09-2012, 08:00 PM
Terrible mocks.

Thank you for the sage wisdom.

Bert102176
04-09-2012, 08:07 PM
the only good thing I see there is taking Floyd

CoolBreeze
04-10-2012, 07:59 AM
Call me crazy, but I believe if they trade down, the target is Stephen Hill. WR Georgia Tech. Buddy stated he wanted a Calvin Johnson type. Hill has exceptional size and speed, and by all accounts, good character. I know his production wasn't the greatest, but that wasn't his fault. Heck, it wouldn't shock me if they took him at #10. Everyone is saying not much difference between 10-20, so why not. I believe they will draft 2 tackles as well.

Cali512
04-10-2012, 02:43 PM
Call me crazy, but I believe if they trade down, the target is Stephen Hill. WR Georgia Tech. Buddy stated he wanted a Calvin Johnson type. Hill has exceptional size and speed, and by all accounts, good character. I know his production wasn't the greatest, but that wasn't his fault. Heck, it wouldn't shock me if they took him at #10. Everyone is saying not much difference between 10-20, so why not. I believe they will draft 2 tackles as well.

I dont think hes the calvin johnson type. No one is the Calvin Johnson type. Hes more of a Brandon Lloyd

CleveSteve
04-10-2012, 02:51 PM
Josh Robinson is being talked about as a late first early 2nd round type pick. There is zero chance, pending injury or something unknown, he falls to the 3rd round. Love Carder in the 3rd as I have seen many people projecting him at round 5-7 and laugh at that. Carder will go 3rd or 4th round.

Zero chance?

Claiborne
Kirkpatrick
Boykin
Gilmore
Jenkins
Dennard
Hosley

to me are all easily better than him. Corners tend to go fast in the draft, so yeah he could be gone in the second, and maybe even the top half of the second, but this time last year there was "zero chance" Ryan Mallett went in the third, too.

gonzo1105
04-10-2012, 03:14 PM
Zero chance?

Claiborne
Kirkpatrick
Boykin
Gilmore
Jenkins
Dennard
Hosley

to me are all easily better than him. Corners tend to go fast in the draft, so yeah he could be gone in the second, and maybe even the top half of the second, but this time last year there was "zero chance" Ryan Mallett went in the third, too.

Actually this time last year there was a lot of talk of Mallett dropping because he had issues.

http://www.mrsec.com/2011/02/mallett-to-drop-from-first-round/ (February 9th,20011)

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/08/talk-continues-of-potential-draft-day-plunge-for-ryan-mallett/ (February 8th, 2011).

http://nfltraderumors.co/nfl-rumors-ryan-malletts-stock-falling/ (March 28th, 2011).

http://liveballsports.com/2011/03/11/fnqb-what-is-really-causing-ryan-malletts-depressed-draft-stock/ (March 11th, 2011).

If you want I can find a lot more articles stating that Mallett stock was dropping well before 15 days before the draft.

He had a great combine and had a productive college career did Robinson. Cornerback's fly off the board that by the time the 4th round comes by they are taking a lot of CB's that no one has heard of. Hell the Bills had two of them in Reggie Corner(4th round) and Terrence McGee, who was an unknown in the 4th round. I am currently doing a mock draft right now and I have

Claiborne going 5th
Kirkpatrick going 20th
Gilmore 20's (cant quite remember)
Robinson 31 to the pats
Jenkins 34 to the Colts
Boykin in the high 30's or low 40's(like I said its not right in front of me)
Dennard(40's or 50's)

Hosley, I believe I have as a high 3rd rounder. A lot of the guys you mentioned dont really have much of a chance to slip to the 3rd round because there is always a great need for CB's.

Jan Reimers
04-10-2012, 03:27 PM
A few observations: If we move down from 10 to the middle of the first round, we should get an additional pick; Reiff really seems questionable as an LT prospect; I think there will be better WRs than Sanu when we pick in the second round; and with Sheppard in the middle, we really don't need Carder.

I like your "stay put" second mock much better. We get good help early at WR and OLB, positions where we definitely need it.

CleveSteve
04-10-2012, 03:28 PM
OK, good call on Mallett. Clearly I was wrong about that. i remember in my mock last year for the bills after I drafted Mallett in the third round people on here said zero chance it happens in real life. Thanks for the articles.

I disagree that he had a great combine. I thought he was pretty stiff. I was disappointed. The DBs I thought looked really good at the combine were Trenton Robinson, Sensabaugh, Hosely, Brandon Taylor, and Janoris Jenkins. I remember specifically thinking that Josh Robinson and Janzen Jackson did not move well in the drills. Deion Sanders (who I trust to know CBs better than me) was emphasizing how much you can get from those drills on evaluating a player, and I just didn't see it from those two.

I agree that the guys I mentioned won't slip to the third round... those are the guys that I think will go ahead of him. i think Josh Robinson will be mixed in somewhere after that... 0, 1 or 2 more corners go after those guys and before Robinson.