PDA

View Full Version : DraftTek's newest mock....

ThunderGun
04-10-2012, 09:00 AM
http://www.drafttek.com/CMDRound1.asp

1 - Luke Kuechly
2 - Janoris Jenkins
3 - Brandon Mosley - LT - Auburn
4a - Reuben Randle - WR - LSU
4b - Terrell Manning - OLB - NC State
5a - Rhett Ellison - TE - USC
5b - Bernard Pierce - RB - Temple
6 - Ryan Lindley - QB - San Diego State
7a - Julian Miller - DE - West Virginia
7b - Greg Childs - WR - Arkansas

I love it. I will be f'n THRILLED if Jenkins is there for us in the 2nd. I doubt he will be though. I bet New England rolls the dice on him at 27 or 31. That'd be just like them. Player with top-5 talent, but major off-field concerns falls to the end of the round, New England takes a gamble, and gets the steal of the draft.

Mahdi
04-10-2012, 09:05 AM

1 - Luke Kuechly
2 - Janoris Jenkins

I love it. I will be f'n THRILLED if Jenkins is there for us in the 2nd. I doubt he will be though. I bet New England rolls the dice on him at 27 or 31. That'd be just like them. Player with top-5 talent, but major off-field concerns falls to the end of the round, New England takes a gamble, and gets the steal of the draft.
Jenkins in round 2 and Randle in round 4 won't happen. Jenkins might be the best CB in the draft if not for character concerns and Randle's production and blocking ability will put him in round 2.

CleveSteve
04-10-2012, 09:11 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if Jenkins fell that far. Not saying he will for sure but I think 25-45 is probably where he'll go. A team might like Dennard better because he's cleaner.

Randle in the 4th... seems like dreaming to me.

Mosley played primarily RT at Auburn, even as a senior. I think it would be risky counting on him as a LT.

I think people are remembering who Greg Childs is and he might not make it out of day 2.

JMO.

jamze132
04-10-2012, 09:12 AM
Jenkins ain't leavin' no first round!

ThunderGun
04-10-2012, 09:25 AM
Jenkins in round 2 and Randle in round 4 won't happen. Jenkins might be the best CB in the draft if not for character concerns and Randle's production and blocking ability will put him in round 2.

I definitely agree on Jenkins. Randle...I'm not sure. It seems like every few years, WR's seem to slip. I wouldn't be shocked if he falls that far. You're probably right though.

acehole
04-10-2012, 11:13 AM
Janoris = Bad character

Ruben = Ordinary

Love Luke in the first...he is as close to cant miss ass they come. Put him in the middle move other two outside and you have a sick front 7....I could play corner with those guys in front of me...

Terrell Manning is Archie Manning love child from the night court baliff....Ros I think her name was.

Psstt no OL in that whole draft?

WTF nobody with a penisy name I guess.

1 - Luke Kuechly
2 - Janoris Jenkins

better days
04-10-2012, 11:23 AM
I hope the Bills don't waste the # 10 pick on Keuchly. I would rather see them draft Reiff at #10 & I think everyone knows I don't want that either.

Jan Reimers
04-10-2012, 11:35 AM
Given the Maybin fiasco, I would be very concerned about drafting a 225 lb. guy like Kuechly and expecting him to man the MLB spot.

ThunderGun
04-10-2012, 12:08 PM
Psstt no OL in that whole draft?

OT in the 3rd round.

ThunderGun
04-10-2012, 12:09 PM
Given the Maybin fiasco, I would be very concerned about drafting a 225 lb. guy like Kuechly and expecting him to man the MLB spot.
I'm concerned with that as well.

The Spaz
04-10-2012, 01:08 PM
Very unrealistic IMO.

ServoBillieves
04-10-2012, 01:26 PM

But we expected Maybin to play DE in a 4-3 scheme...

wmoz11
04-10-2012, 01:44 PM

Exactly - which is why Kuechly at #10 makes no sense whatsoever. I'm not sure what various posters are thinking when mocking him there.

Not to mention that we drafted Sheppard last season and have committed to him being the full-time MLB.

Jan Reimers
04-10-2012, 01:45 PM
But we expected Maybin to play DE in a 4-3 scheme...
Exactly. Just as Maybin was too light at 240 lbs. to play DE in ANY scheme, so is Kuechly too light to play MLB in a 4-3. And if he beefs up, how will it affect his 4.58 speed?

ParanoidAndroid
04-10-2012, 03:36 PM
Not sure about Keuchly. You can get the same or better production out of Lavonte David and in the second round. I'm not sure what the fear is about Reiff. He's a quality O-lineman whether he ends up on the left or right and has value worhty of #10.

acehole
04-10-2012, 03:43 PM
OT in the 3rd round.

He any good?

ThunderGun
04-10-2012, 03:43 PM
He any good?

No idea. Never heard of him before. lol.

acehole
04-10-2012, 03:44 PM
Luke Kuechly = Urlacker

Hi is football.

He is no poz

CleveSteve
04-10-2012, 03:45 PM
I think he's a solid RT. He's not an elite guy but he's a guy you can start at RT I think.

Skooby
04-10-2012, 06:18 PM
I really like Luke, I just think that we make a move up for the gusto. See #1 paid defensive player ever, then work back to see if we're getting aggressive.

gr8slayer
04-10-2012, 07:31 PM
Kuechly is not 225, the guy is 240(ish).

acehole
04-10-2012, 09:34 PM
Kuechly is not 225, the guy is 240(ish).

I would love the pick.

bigbub2352
04-10-2012, 09:44 PM
i wouldnt mind wr toon wisconson landing him

TigerJ
04-10-2012, 10:32 PM
I think he's a solid RT. He's not an elite guy but he's a guy you can start at RT I think.

Mosely played mostly right tackle, but his measurables suggest he can switch to the left and thrive there. There's always a risk when you attempt to do that, but I'd rather take that risk than trying to force someone with slow feet into the left tackle spot just because he did it in college. I fear he's always going to be reaching for speed rushers, allowing sacks and committing holding penalties because he just can't keep up with that speed.

TigerJ
04-10-2012, 10:40 PM
I think the closest comparison one can make of Kuechly to someone on the NFL is not Aaron Maybin by a long shot. Instead, I think it is Brian Urlacher. Urlacher switched from safety to linebacker. He came out of college running the 40 in the low 4.4 range, added some weight and didn't lose a whole lot of speed. Kuechly weighs 242 lbs., which is plenty for a middle linebacker in a 4-3 scheme. My only reservation with Kuechly is Sheppard might be a pretty good starting middle linebacker, and I kind of hate to use a first round pick that is only going to provide a modest upgrade at a position when you have some clear holes you still need to fill. If that's what the Bills do because they feel Kuechly is the BPA, I can at least live with it.

ThunderGun
04-10-2012, 11:09 PM
Mosely played mostly right tackle, but his measurables suggest he can switch to the left and thrive there. There's always a risk when you attempt to do that, but I'd rather take that risk than trying to force someone with slow feet into the left tackle spot just because he did it in college. I fear he's always going to be reaching for speed rushers, allowing sacks and committing holding penalties because he just can't keep up with that speed.

Agree 100%

ThunderGun
04-10-2012, 11:16 PM
My only reservation with Kuechly is Sheppard might be a pretty good starting middle linebacker, and I kind of hate to use a first round pick that is only going to provide a modest upgrade at a position when you have some clear holes you still need to fill. If that's what the Bills do because they feel Kuechly is the BPA, I can at least live with it.

I know. It really sucks that the best value at 10 is probably gonna be at ILB, RB, or OG. The 3 positions I don't want us to draft. I'm anxious to see what Sheppard can do.

CleveSteve
04-11-2012, 09:20 AM

So... you'd rather switch someone who played RT in college to LT because of measurables than play someone who thrived at LT in college, enough to be considered a possible top-10 pick?

Blacksheep71
04-11-2012, 11:04 AM

I don't think you can compare Maybin with Kuechly.

Maybin was a sophmore flash in the pan, whilst Kuechly has loads and loads of production and is in fact that antithesis of Maybin in that his athletic ability was questioned.

Personally I'd suggest Kuechly could be the best can't miss prospect in the first round. He is likely to be the BPA at No10 as well and may think he could easily be a SAM in the pros. Not sure about his normal playing weight but he was 242lbs at the combine

Blacksheep71
04-11-2012, 11:06 AM
I think the closest comparison one can make of Kuechly to someone on the NFL is not Aaron Maybin by a long shot. Instead, I think it is Brian Urlacher. Urlacher switched from safety to linebacker. He came out of college running the 40 in the low 4.4 range, added some weight and didn't lose a whole lot of speed. Kuechly weighs 242 lbs., which is plenty for a middle linebacker in a 4-3 scheme. My only reservation with Kuechly is Sheppard might be a pretty good starting middle linebacker, and I kind of hate to use a first round pick that is only going to provide a modest upgrade at a position when you have some clear holes you still need to fill. If that's what the Bills do because they feel Kuechly is the BPA, I can at least live with it.

I think many are suggesting that Kuechly has the athletic ability to be a SLB in the pros giving a corps of Barnett-Sheppard-Kuechly