PDA

View Full Version : Doing a seven round mock

gonzo1105
04-10-2012, 03:39 PM
Ok, every year I build a teams needs sheet and do a full 7 round mock draft for every team. I then take that mock draft when I watch the actual draft and see how many I have projected right, how many I got right as it pertains to player/round etc. The latest pick I ever got right was a 4th rounder when the Houston Texans took TE Anthony Hill(huge bust btw). I do not project trades and I try my very best not to be biased to make players drop to the Bills. For instance, I might really like Brian Quick as a 3rd rounder for the Bills but if I feel another team will take him I give them Quick instead of placing someone else there. I also try to match up the team and the player. So for instance if I have the Bills taking a player it is not necessarily for that pick. My first round pick is Cordy Glenn. He might be the Bills pick and it might be as the 10th or 18th pick but as long as I get the player and the team correct it counts.

I am not finished, and I will give you an update when I finish but I am into the 4th round and have finished at the Bills 1st 4th round pick. So the 2nd 4th, two 5ths, 6th and 2 7's haven't been completed.

1(10)- Cordy Glenn OT/OG Georgia
2(41)- Coby Fleener TE Stanford
3(71)- Ronnell Lewis DE/LB Oklahoma
4(??)- Coryell Judie CB Texas A and M.

Couldn't remember the pick of the 4th rounder as its not in front of me but that is how I see the Bills draft going so far through my picks. I could easily see Fleener and Lewis going earlier but I played it out and both after going through team needs fell to the Bills. Will let you know how the rest turns out.

ThunderGun
04-10-2012, 03:44 PM
I like Glenn, but I think he's a pretty big reach at 10. And I don't think Fleener makes it past Indy at #33.

gonzo1105
04-10-2012, 03:48 PM
I like Glenn, but I think he's a pretty big reach at 10. And I don't think Fleener makes it past Indy at #33.

The two hardest picks of the draft, in my opinion, are Jacksonville at # 7 because you never know what Gene Smith is thinking and Buffalo's # 10 pick. I agree that Glenn is a reach but pretty much everyone there at a position of need is a reach. Like I said, I could see Fleener going much earlier and I believe I had Indianapolis taking Janoris Jenkins CB North Alabama with their pick.

The Jokeman
04-10-2012, 04:01 PM
I don't like Cordy Glenn. I think he's illsuited to play LT in the NFL. As to me LT should a dancing bear o-lineman not a road grader. I've also stated in earlier mocks not big on Lewis either because of his lack of size for DE and with LB in a 4-3 asked to play more in coverage and go from sideline to sideline for tackling backs no sure he fits that mold either. Fleener's a solid pick but I don't see him as the elite TE that some have ranked him but he's a better investment than Scott Chandler so be okay with that pick. Judie's a solid nickelback/developmental prospect which don't have many issues with. So all and all would give this mock a C+ As got some good players but not great fit for our overall needs as I see them.

ParanoidAndroid
04-10-2012, 04:16 PM
Why Glenn over Reiff? I can't understand it.

gonzo1105
04-10-2012, 04:26 PM

I actually see both Reiff and Glenn as RT's in the NFL. I think he has better potential to eventually be a LT due to his arm length,basically 36 inches, which will keep defenders out of his body and his ability to hold up against a bull rush. He is also surprisingly athletic and his combine results actually say he is a more athletic player.

He played against top competition at LT including Courtney Upshaw,Melvin Ingram, Barkavious Mingo ( possible top 10 next year) and stonewalling Coples at the Senior Bowl

The Jokeman
04-10-2012, 04:29 PM
Because Glenn is a hot potato ie his name is being brought up everywhere. Not to mention because some feel that we must take a player from the SEC he seems to fit what we're looking for. I totally disagree as to me LT is about athleticism and smarts. I'll admit am torn between Reiff and Martin. As Martin is smarter and played in a Pro Offense but Reiff has better size and Iowa is known for producing quality NFL lineman. Value wise I rank Reiff a little higher at #10 and that's why picked him in my mock that should be somewhere around here.

ParanoidAndroid
04-11-2012, 02:39 PM
I actually see both Reiff and Glenn as RT's in the NFL. I think he has better potential to eventually be a LT due to his arm length,basically 36 inches, which will keep defenders out of his body and his ability to hold up against a bull rush. He is also surprisingly athletic and his combine results actually say he is a more athletic player.

He played against top competition at LT including Courtney Upshaw,Melvin Ingram, Barkavious Mingo ( possible top 10 next year) and stonewalling Coples at the Senior Bowl

Reiff was a much better looking LT than Glenn was at game time. To heck with combine measurements. Reiff has much better feet and is way ahead on technique. I'll take the guy who consistently shut down DE's in the Big 10 over the guy who got eaten alive in the SEC.

Blacksheep71
04-12-2012, 04:40 AM
Personally I'd take QUINTON COPLES.

I think he's a future Pro Bowler.

He's got the speed of a right end and the size of a left end at 6ft5, 281lbs yet able to run a 4.72. He can beat tackles with speed yet can also bull rush effectively.
He's got the necessary production averaging 9 sacks a season despite playing as a 3-4 DE on occasion and constantly battling double teams. Not bad for a guy who has a questionable motor.
He is well developed with good hand use and a repetoire of pass rush moves and has 'sand in his pants' to stop the run.
He is athletic, yet durable and plays with good technique.

When I think of drafting Coples, I think of the Giants defense and how scary they are when they have Umenyiora, JPP, Tuck and Kiwanuka

At the senior bowl, he was virtually unstoppable in one2one match ups, destroying the well regarded Zebrie Sanders. He must be double teamed because once he's though a single blocker, he's already introducing himself to the quarterback before there is any chance of recovery.

I liked his honesty when he admitted to taking the occasional play off. I think any half decent coordinator will be able to keep in focused and the Quinton-Mario partnership will have every QB in the league waking up in a cold sweat in the middle of the night.

Night Train
04-12-2012, 04:44 AM
If you can plug them in as starters or get them a large number of snaps, they're never a reach.

I'm betting Glenn is indeed one of the ones the Bills are considering with their first pick, along with several others. Like the Fleener thinking also. He may be a far better option than some WR for a QB like Fitz.

CleveSteve
04-12-2012, 08:19 AM
At the senior bowl, he was virtually unstoppable in one2one match ups, destroying the well regarded Zebrie Sanders.

Zebrie Sanders is terrible. Even the online rankings are realizing this. CBS, which used to have him rated around #40, has dropped him all the way to #123 overall, and I bet they've got him rated as a 5th-round prospect before the draft gets here. He's just not good at anything.

Plus, there's that he play where he fell asleep...

gonzo1105
04-12-2012, 08:50 AM
Quick update. Im through the Bills 5th round picks for the Bills.

1(10)- Cordy Glenn OT Georgia
2(41)- Coby Fleener TE Stanford
3(71)- Ronnell Lewis DE/OLB Oklahoma
4(105)- Coryell Judie CB Texas A&M
4(124)- Andrew Datko OT Florida St.
5(144)- Joe Adams WR Arkansas
5(147)- Greg Childs WR Arkansas

CleveSteve
04-12-2012, 09:15 AM
It would be tough to argue with those picks.