PDA

View Full Version : My mock with descriptions of choices

Cali512
04-10-2012, 06:23 PM
1st- With the 10th pick the BPA will be between
DeCastro G, Michael Floyd WR, and Riley Reiff OT

Now first, whos the BPA available? Most say DeCastro is BPA, but the value at guard i dont think would be worth it. Out of Urbik, Donald Jones, and Chris Hairston, you have to see which positions improvement would help the team best. Reiff has been talked about as a RT that would be forced to LT. If you cant get a pure LT at 10, no one is worth it. Then you look at Donald Jones, who is penciled as our starter. Hagan, and Easley are the other WRs that would challenge that position.

With the 10th pick the Bills Select Michael Floyd WR

Michael Floyd at 6-3, is a good sized reciever, with amazing jump ball ability and great hand-eye coordination. Opposite of Johnson would make WR up there with the strengths of RB, G, and DE/DT.

2nd- I would wind the choices down to these 4

Lavonte David, Josh Robinson, Bobbie Massie, and Vinnie Curry

I believe buffalo right here would love to get a starting LT. But there is really no OT in the draft, past the Kalil, that would make a day 1 impact at LT. We need a playmaker, and a sure starter. Vinnie Curry at one point was fighting for the number 1 DE, then he fell. Once again, its the impact the player would make, and i dont think Curry would warrant the 2nd pick. Then theres Lavonte David. I think hes a great player, would help immediatly. But then you look at Josh Robinson, and what you can get out of him. We were exceptionally bad when it came to deep passes, whether our players were to slow to catch up to it, or the player just couldnt get the balls. With Robinson in there, teams would look twice toward just throwing the ball out of reach because Robinson can make up so much ground.

My pick, Josh Robinson CB

Running a 4.29 speed, and having amazing breaking speed and great body control. We have not had a CB with this athleticism in years. Would fit across from Williams, and improve our D and playmaking ability

With the 3rd pick the players who will be looked at

Brock Osweiler, Mitchell Schwartz, and Mychal Kendricks

First off i do not believe the staff wants a QB this early, but he will be a choice. Brock Osweiler is someone i know very little about, and all i know is i dont see anyway he ends up in buffalo if he is a top 3 pick. Now the other choice id rule out is Mychal Kendricks. Ive watched the tape on him, and as much as everything about him, scouting reports, and just Wannys scheme makes him seem like a great fit, but i dont think hes that good. Mitchell Schwartz is the only OT since Kalil that people actually mention LT as his position in the NFL. He has alot of expierence and would help improve our OL

With the 3rd pick for the Buffalo Bills we select Mitchell Schwartz OT

6-5, 318, and 33 1/2 inch arms. 35 games at LT, and 16 at RT, has alot of experience. Eventually getting Hairston to the RT spot, this will be a talented young group

With the first of 2 4th round picks, it comes down to these

Russell Wilson, Ryan Broyles, and Malik Jackson

Russell Wilson is someone i like, and to save the energy in talking about him twice, hes my other 4th pick. So with the other 2 players. Malik Jackson is someone who hasnt played completely comfortably in years. Transfered out of USC after there bowl ban, then last year played DT when hes more of a DE. Then theres Ryan Broyles. We will probably look for a small fast deep ball WR like we had in Parrish and Evans.

In the 4th round the Buffalo Bills select Malik Jackson DE

I think giving him a permanent position of DE, and letting him play with Williams, Anderson, and Merriman. He will have some of the best mentors in the NFL. He will defintly help the depth at our DE

With my last pick in the mock the bills select Russell Wilson QB

Yes he is small, but he throws an extremely pretty ball, and has good athleticism. Perfect player for Gailey to groom and just watching his passes, he has such precision and touch, along with good speed. The bills are a perfect fit for Wilson as he is for buffalo

So this all winds down to

1st- Michael Floyd WR
2nd- Josh Robinson CB
3rd- Mitchell Schwartz OT
4th- Malik Johnson DE
4th- Russell Wilson QB

Cali512
04-11-2012, 12:08 AM
bump?

CleveSteve
04-11-2012, 09:22 AM
I like Floyd, Schwartz, Jackson and Wilson. The first three I listed are really good players and Wilson has enough talent to take a shot late in the 4th.

elltrain22
04-11-2012, 09:49 AM
Very good mock. I'd be quite happy with that!! Good job!!

Tatonka
04-11-2012, 10:02 AM
i like it. i dont love it. if we addressed the LB possition so.mewhere i would like it more

Blacksheep71
04-11-2012, 10:28 AM
Personally I like R1 with Floyd. R2 and Robinson I am not so sure about and would be inclined to look at Massie who can start off at RT but eventually might be a Peters with the athletic ability to move to the blindside. Moving into R3, I'd take a long look at Trumaine Johnson, who may not be the fastest CB around but gives us size which we are lacking at this position. I fail to see the attraction of drafting a small sub 6ft QB when we've got other needs. I think we need another LB like Nigel Bradham and Travis Lewis. I also think that Malik Jackson is a reach in the 4th and would like to see Batten get an opportunity at this college position. For me Jackson is a backup for Mario and we have Jarrod Gilbert who might fulfil that role. A QB I'd like the look at could be BJ Coleman, but I think we'll stand pat, address our defense as we move to the 4-3 alignment and potential consider QB in 2013

R1. Michael Floyd WR Notre Dame or Riley Reiff OT Iowa
R2. Bobbie Massie OT Ole Miss or Mohamed Sanu WR Rutgers
R3. Trumaine Johnson CB/S Montana
R4a. Nigel Bradham LB Florida St
R4b. Tahir Whitehead LB Temple

Cali512
04-11-2012, 11:25 AM
Personally I like R1 with Floyd. R2 and Robinson I am not so sure about and would be inclined to look at Massie who can start off at RT but eventually might be a Peters with the athletic ability to move to the blindside. Moving into R3, I'd take a long look at Trumaine Johnson, who may not be the fastest CB around but gives us size which we are lacking at this position. I fail to see the attraction of drafting a small sub 6ft QB when we've got other needs. I think we need another LB like Nigel Bradham and Travis Lewis. I also think that Malik Jackson is a reach in the 4th and would like to see Batten get an opportunity at this college position. For me Jackson is a backup for Mario and we have Jarrod Gilbert who might fulfil that role. A QB I'd like the look at could be BJ Coleman, but I think we'll stand pat, address our defense as we move to the 4-3 alignment and potential consider QB in 2013

R1. Michael Floyd WR Notre Dame or Riley Reiff OT Iowa
R2. Bobbie Massie OT Ole Miss or Mohamed Sanu WR Rutgers
R3. Trumaine Johnson CB/S Montana
R4a. Nigel Bradham LB Florida St
R4b. Tahir Whitehead LB Temple

Everywhere ive looked Massie is a 3rd to 4th round pick. In fact i believe my last mock i had us taking him in the 2nd 4th pick and no one thought any of it. I think we need a amazingly fast CB finally. Someone who can match up with the new age Moss', and have the ability to go up with them. We went for size with McKelvin and Aaron Williams. Whens the last time we went for a CB because of athletic ability? Even Clements and Winfield were physical. Id love to have a fast ballhawking CB. Gilberts done absolutly nothing in this league to warrant any implication of him doing anything for us. Jackson has been very good were hes gone, but he played an entire season at DT, when hes a natural DE. Hes built like Mario too 6-5 280. You havent seen Russell Wilson. Someone mentioned him about a week ago, and everyone fell in love with him. His passes are just about as pretty as Andrew Lucks, he possess good mobility, and in a spread formation. Height matters little for a QB. I think we are fine with Moorison at LB for this season, but i still wouldnt be opposed to replacing Malik with a LB, or getting one in FA still if one pops up. I just dont see us wasting a pick on a LB, when every round theres way more impact players we can choose over him.

Cali512
04-11-2012, 11:26 AM
i like it. i dont love it. if we addressed the LB possition so.mewhere i would like it more

I like Moorison for the year. But i would love for us to sign a LB during cut downs. There will probably be a few decent 4-3 OLBs available

Blacksheep71
04-11-2012, 12:06 PM
Everywhere ive looked Massie is a 3rd to 4th round pick. In fact i believe my last mock i had us taking him in the 2nd 4th pick and no one thought any of it. I think we need a amazingly fast CB finally. Someone who can match up with the new age Moss', and have the ability to go up with them. We went for size with McKelvin and Aaron Williams. Whens the last time we went for a CB because of athletic ability? Even Clements and Winfield were physical. Id love to have a fast ballhawking CB. Gilberts done absolutly nothing in this league to warrant any implication of him doing anything for us. Jackson has been very good were hes gone, but he played an entire season at DT, when hes a natural DE. Hes built like Mario too 6-5 280. You havent seen Russell Wilson. Someone mentioned him about a week ago, and everyone fell in love with him. His passes are just about as pretty as Andrew Lucks, he possess good mobility, and in a spread formation. Height matters little for a QB. I think we are fine with Moorison at LB for this season, but i still wouldnt be opposed to replacing Malik with a LB, or getting one in FA still if one pops up. I just dont see us wasting a pick on a LB, when every round theres way more impact players we can choose over him.

After his pro-day some sites have Massie going as high as No32 - apparently his performance was amazing.

The problem with a sub 6ft QB is your passes are going to get batted down with regularity. Personally I think we should avoid going for a QB unless its a R1 selection. Height matters a great deal at QB which is why they make such a big deal of it.

Leodis McKelvin is listed as 5ft10. Aaron Williams is 6ft0. With WRs climbing to over 6ft3, I'd rather go with the 6ft2 Trumaine Johnson, who whilst not as fast as Robinson has enough speed to run with most and the intelligence to be in the right place at the right time. I fear the likes of Megatron would run over Robinson would get run over as if they were mowing the lawn.

I've also given serious consideration to Luke Kuechly at No10. He's got fantastic production, great size and more than enough athleticism to play the strongside beside Sheppard and Barnett. If we are lining up Anderson at right end, having a run stuffer behind him almost similar to the Wide 9 approach will be a huge bonus.

So on reflection a draft of

1. Kuechly LB
2. Sanu WR
3. Johnson CB/S

I can see us adding more LB depth, a RE, another CB and maybe a developmental LT later on Day3.

Cali512
04-11-2012, 01:12 PM
After his pro-day some sites have Massie going as high as No32 - apparently his performance was amazing. I still see day 2-3 pick everywhere. But ill take ur word for it

The problem with a sub 6ft QB is your passes are going to get batted down with regularity. Personally I think we should avoid going for a QB unless its a R1 selection. Height matters a great deal at QB which is why they make such a big deal of it. Ya ik this but hes not gotten any shorter, so hes used to being smaller than people. When everyone was 6-2 in high school, he was probably the 5-7 5-8 QB. I think hell figure it out knowing that hes dealt with this issue

Leodis McKelvin is listed as 5ft10. Aaron Williams is 6ft0. With WRs climbing to over 6ft3, I'd rather go with the 6ft2 Trumaine Johnson, who whilst not as fast as Robinson has enough speed to run with most and the intelligence to be in the right place at the right time. I fear the likes of Megatron would run over Robinson would get run over as if they were mowing the lawn.
Everywhere im reading Robinson is a great jump ball defender. If someone has good location skills and as good athleticism as robinson, hell be able to jump and knock the ball down.

I've also given serious consideration to Luke Kuechly at No10. He's got fantastic production, great size and more than enough athleticism to play the strongside beside Sheppard and Barnett. If we are lining up Anderson at right end, having a run stuffer behind him almost similar to the Wide 9 approach will be a huge bonus.

I can deal with Moorison at OLB, i cant deal with Jones at WR, or Hairston already at LT

So on reflection a draft of

1. Kuechly LB
2. Sanu WR
3. Johnson CB/S

I can see us adding more LB depth, a RE, another CB and maybe a developmental LT later on Day3.