PDA

View Full Version : Someone else's mock draft I actually like

TigerJ
04-10-2012, 08:33 PM
I could live with this mock very nicely:

http://www.drafttek.com/CMDRound1.asp

Round 1: Luke Kuechly - I know it's not exactly a need pick, but this guy sounds like a player. He combines excellent athleticism and toughness with outstanding intelligence and instincts.

Round 2: Janoris Jenkins - a bit undersized, but rated one of the top two CBs talent wise but for off-field concerns which appear to be behind him at this point

Round 3: Brandon Mosely - I know I projected him to the Bills in my mock, but I will refrain from telling you, "I told you so." OK, I didn't refrain, but in any case, this is about the latest we can draft a potential left tackle and not be very lucky to have him be capable of starting. Mosely played mostly right tackle, and he's raw, but has the athleticism to switch.

Round 4a: Rueben Randle - Earlier, people had him going in the second round. A mildly disappointing combine dropped his draft stock, but he's still a solid receiver who can probably fill the #2 receiver role.

Round 4b: Terrell Manning - outside linebacker depth. Decent size and speed. He played pretty well for NC State.

Round 5a: Rhett Ellison - Depth at tight end, and possible some competition for Chandler at some point. He wouldn't me my pick fot a tight end, but he has decent size and is a decent blocker who can catch the ball when asked to do so. He only has average speed, like most of the tight ends on the Bills' roster.

Round 5b: Bernard Pierce - OK, he's a running back, and if there is one position Buffalo really didn't need, it's running back. If I were doing a mock, I'm not picking a running back, but he's got a little more size than Fred Jackson. He produced well for Temple and runs a decent 40. Maybe if Buffalo is in a situation where they need a power runner for short yardage, Pierce gives them another option. I can't come up with any more justification than that.

Round 6: Ryan Lindley - He'd probably not be the QB that I would pick. He does have excellent athleticism and a big arm. His big problem is accuracy. Can you think of a QB like that who was drafted last year? I can. His name is Jake Locker. Tennessee seems to like him a lot. He was drafted a lot earlier too. Tennessee drafted him in part because they thought they could fix the accuracy issues. Well, maybe the new Bills QB coach can do something for Lindley's accuracy issues too. If he can, then Buffalo might have a gem.

Round 7a: Julian Miller - depth at defensive end. He had 6 sacks despite having to play nose tackle on some passing downs. He's not big, under 260, but that's big enough to play RDE in a 4-3. He runs a pretty good 40.

Round 7b: Greg Childs - draft stock hurt by a knee injury in 2010. It slowed him down last season, and he's still recovering, but he ran a 4.39 at his pro day, and in general has better measurables than Randle. He'll be a bargain in the 7th.

Comments are mine.

This draft upgrades middle linebacker (even though I think Sheppard will be fine) cornerback and wide receiver. It gives us competition for Chris Hairston at left tackle and improves depth at outside linebacker, quarterback, defensive end, tight end, and running back. I don't think it's the best possible draft, but I'd be more than OK with it.

better days
04-10-2012, 08:37 PM
I expect Nix to have a MUCH better draft than that myself.

JCBills
04-10-2012, 09:17 PM
There is already a thread on this.

PTI
04-10-2012, 09:42 PM
Bills won't draft a QB with accuracy issues, they already have that. Bills could use a better #3 RB.

jamze132
04-11-2012, 01:38 AM
Again, Jenkin's ain't gettin' out of no first round.

better days
04-11-2012, 07:22 AM
Again, Jenkin's ain't gettin' out of no first round.

He reminds me of Aqib Talib of the Bucs, great player on the field, terrible choices off field. Sounds like the perfect pick for the Lions.