PDA

View Full Version : The next mock I see...

jamze132
04-11-2012, 01:29 AM
...from some random, craptastic poster, I'm going to punch a baby!

:help!:

clumping platelets
04-11-2012, 03:39 AM
Working on one for you

X-Era
04-11-2012, 06:03 AM
Define craptastic...

DraftBoy
04-11-2012, 07:27 AM
Sweet...Ill type one up right now!

tampabay25690
04-11-2012, 07:29 AM
1 coming

SquishDaFish
04-11-2012, 07:40 AM
Maybe ill do one now

CleveSteve
04-11-2012, 09:27 AM
who's baby?

k-oneputt
04-11-2012, 09:34 AM
who's baby?

LOL.

Mski
04-11-2012, 09:44 AM
who's baby?dont worry he's in europe... let him kick all the babies he wants over there

HAMMER
04-11-2012, 09:49 AM
I hear you man.

Night Train
04-11-2012, 10:04 AM

My 1st Round Punter will cheer you up. :up:

clumping platelets
04-11-2012, 11:08 AM
We should trade up for that punter

THRILLHO
04-11-2012, 11:17 AM
Next year we need to hold a mock draft of what order people are going to post their crappy mock drafts that involve ridiculous trades and how it is so "realistic."

CleveSteve
04-11-2012, 11:54 AM
THRILLHO, I'm campaigning for first overall pick.

But I'm not visiting with the Colts.

ServoBillieves
04-11-2012, 12:55 PM
This is why I said there should be a specific thread for Mock Drafts... but noooo, we had to look at my awful mock didn't we?! NEW ONE ON THE WAY!!!

clumping platelets
04-11-2012, 12:56 PM
HOF thread

HAMMER
04-11-2012, 01:44 PM
I just don't get why people;
A-Bother spending so much time on mock drafts.
B-Think anyone cares about their mock draft.

ParanoidAndroid
04-11-2012, 02:12 PM

To each their own. There is no point other than I think it's just fun to do.

BertSquirtgum
04-11-2012, 03:29 PM
Are some of you guys really so bored that you need to sit down and come up with a mock draft that will never come to fruition? :crazy:

BertSquirtgum
04-11-2012, 03:31 PM
This is why I said there should be a specific thread for Mock Drafts... but noooo, we had to look at my awful mock didn't we?! NEW ONE ON THE WAY!!!

There should be a separate forum made until the draft is over for mocks. Just like they do with the Bills' picks and comments about them.

stuckincincy
04-11-2012, 03:33 PM
Are some of you guys really so bored that you need to sit down and come up with a mock draft that will never come to fruition? :crazy:

Here's my mock...

1) HurkeyNuts.

:kid:

ptd86
04-11-2012, 03:50 PM
Because there is so much else to talk about in April after free agency.....

alohabillsfan
04-11-2012, 03:59 PM
There should be a separate forum made until the draft is over for mocks. Just like they do with the Bills' picks and comments about them.

There is the scouting zone but no one goes there so then the people that prostitute this web site to promote their. They constantly post here with stupid links to drive traffic to their sites.

CleveSteve
04-11-2012, 04:29 PM
There is the scouting zone but no one goes there so then the people that prostitute this web site to promote their. They constantly post here with stupid links to drive traffic to their sites.

Oh no he di'int.

acehole
04-11-2012, 05:04 PM

That Mr. Craptastic to you.

mrbojanglezs
04-11-2012, 07:37 PM
mocks are pointless fantasy, wait for the real thing and discuss after

clumping platelets
04-11-2012, 08:33 PM
Here's my mock...

1) HurkeyNuts.

:kid:

You traded down first correct?

Raptor
04-11-2012, 08:52 PM

I dont understand while people get offended by others doing mock drafts

Its the draft season and there is **** else going on in this league right now

DraftBoy
04-11-2012, 09:02 PM

:wave:

Beebe's Kid
04-11-2012, 10:49 PM
Twitter is gay.

BertSquirtgum
04-11-2012, 11:31 PM
Twitter sucks.

ServoBillieves
04-12-2012, 04:04 PM

I haven't seen Pat in a long time, so I'm intrigued as to who you think is whoring themselves out. Please say DB, PLEASE say it when you know that it's what his website is about. That'd just be an incredibly hilarious catch 22, where he's doing his job and you complain.

HAMMER
04-12-2012, 07:51 PM
I dont understand while people get offended by others doing mock drafts

Its the draft season and there is **** else going on in this league right now

Not offended, just don't understand how someone can sit around and make a 7 round mock draft for 32 teams if it isn't their job. I love football as much or more than anyone but gimme a break with the "my mock" threads. Do you really think anyone cares about some Joe Blow posters mock draft?

DraftBoy
04-12-2012, 09:21 PM
Not offended, just don't understand how someone can sit around and make a 7 round mock draft for 32 teams if it isn't their job. I love football as much or more than anyone but gimme a break with the "my mock" threads. Do you really think anyone cares about some Joe Blow posters mock draft?

Really not trying to get into an argument about this but how do you define cares?

The average mock draft in August-September will generated between 1500-3000 reads over the course of the week of its release. That's if its marketed correctly and put in the right places.

That same Mock Draft updated in say March or April will generate over 10,000 hits on the day of its release and over 35,000 in the week following it.

Does that mean anybody cares? Not necessarily and especially consider the overwhelming amount of feedback you get is always negative.

Point being its not going to make or break somebody's day if they read this mock or that one because in the end they are simply guesses, some more informed, some more thought out, and some more off the wall than the next one. But people do love reading them and those numbers are only growing exponentially.

Scumbag College
04-12-2012, 09:56 PM
Here's my mock draft of billszone reactions:

Rd. 1- most people on here will be full of rage. "Why didn't they take (enter name here)?!?!?!? We really need a (enter position here.) I hate Buddy Nix."

Rd. 2- rage turns into irrational fury. Many arguments start which quickly devolve into personal attacks. Draftboy adds some insight, many posters ask for Blame Canada to get some inside information on what the Bills are doing.

Rd. 3- the Bills take the first player most people haven't heard of. We all google him and hate the pick. We all start sighting examples of recent mid round busts. I call dibs on bringing up Rodney Wright, RB from Fresno.

Rd. 4-5 More rage, less people posting and paying attention. "Why didn't the Bills take a franchise QB here? Or a starting LT?" are asked by the remaining people on billszone. Hatred of the Bills front office is restated.

Rd. 6- Most magazines have the Bills' pick a 3rd to 4th round value. We all claim we got a "steal." We start making plans for the playoffs.

Rd. 7- "Who?" or "Championship!" are stated repeatedly. We all give the Bills a D+ grade on the draft and lament that it'll be another 30 years until they make the playoffs.

Rookie FA signings- The Bills sign a player that we've heard of and we all immediately anoint him as an Opening Day starter. All others we call "Camp fodder." Nothing interesting happens until Training Camp in July.