PDA

View Full Version : This years draft Bills drafting #10

tampabay25690
04-11-2012, 07:11 AM
I have been really trying to figure out what the Bills will do at #10 and Im still trying to figure it out. I don't like the value at 10 for any of the needs the Bills are looking for. To me there isn't a LT worth the #10 pick and there really isnt another position of need that is worth the #10 either. I think this is the year we move up or move down.
To me there is 4 Elite guys in this draft:
Luck
RG3
Kalil
Trent Richardson
I will put Blackmon and Claiborne right behind them.
But after these guys 7 to 20 is pretty equal IMO.......
I really do believe that the Bills are going to try to creep in to the top 6 to either get Blackmon, Claiborne, or Kalil. Lets face it we have 10 draft picks so why not try to get in the top 6. But then again I could see us going from 10 to 15-20 and grab a guy that would fill a need then get more draft picks.

I have seen a 100 different mocks now, and to be honest if we didn't get Anderson, and Mario in the offseason a pass rusher would be the easy pick.
But now that we took care of a huge need I can't wait to see what the Bills do decide to do.
But I think most of us can say we have no clue what the Bills will do at #10...

better days
04-11-2012, 07:17 AM
I have been really trying to figure out what the Bills will do at #10 and Im still trying to figure it out. I don't like the value at 10 for any of the needs the Bills are looking for. To me there isn't a LT worth the #10 pick and there really isnt another position of need that is worth the #10 either. I think this is the year we move up or move down.
To me there is 4 Elite guys in this draft:
Luck
RG3
Kalil
Trent Richardson
I will put Blackmon and Claiborne right behind them.
But after these guys 7 to 20 is pretty equal IMO.......
I really do believe that the Bills are going to try to creep in to the top 6 to either get Blackmon, Claiborne, or Kalil. Lets face it we have 10 draft picks so why not try to get in the top 6. But then again I could see us going from 10 to 15-20 and grab a guy that would fill a need then get more draft picks.

I have seen a 100 different mocks now, and to be honest if we didn't get Anderson, and Mario in the offseason a pass rusher would be the easy pick.
But now that we took care of a huge need I can't wait to see what the Bills do decide to do.
But I think most of us can say we have no clue what the Bills will do at #10...

Richardson has top 10 talent, but RB is a position that should not be drafted in the top 10 because of their short careers. You are lucky to get 5-6 good years out of a RB on average While a player at just about any other position with similar talent will play for 10-12 years.

tampabay25690
04-11-2012, 07:23 AM
Richardson has top 10 talent, but RB is a position that should not be drafted in the top 10 because of their short careers. You are lucky to get 5-6 good years out of a RB on average While a player at just about any other position with similar talent will play for 10-12 years.

Richardson is a top 5 talent.
Usually I don't draft RB's that early either but a guy like this you do.
Short careers what is the length of career for any Football player??? 3-5 years.
So if you can get 5-6 good years out of Trent Richardson you are doing just fine.
10-12 years out of guys, what is the % of players that actually play that long anyway?

Mahdi
04-11-2012, 07:29 AM
Luck
RGIII
Kalil
Blackmon
Claiborne
Richardson
Floyd
Coples
Tannehill

I am almost 100% sure this will be the first 9 taken in any order.

Who do we target from the remaining players?

better days
04-11-2012, 07:29 AM
Richardson is a top 5 talent.
Usually I don't draft RB's that early either but a guy like this you do.
Short careers what is the length of career for any Football player??? 3-5 years.
So if you can get 5-6 good years out of Trent Richardson you are doing just fine.
10-12 years out of guys, what is the % of players that actually play that long anyway?

3-5 may be the average career for AVERAGE players, but a player with top 5 talent at any position other than RB will most likely play 10-12 years.

It is the careers of mediocre players & RBs that bring down the number of years the average player plays.

tampabay25690
04-11-2012, 07:32 AM
3-5 may be the average career for AVERAGE players, but a player with top 5 talent at any position other than RB will most likely play 10-12 years.

It is the careers of mediocre players & RBs that bring down the number of years the average player plays.

Would luv to see the avg the past 10 years of the top 5 picks and how long they have played.
I think you wpuld be surprised how short of careers they did have.

You are valued and opinion so its all good.
But to me Trent Richardson is a can't miss pick.
If I was Cleve, or Tampa I would grab Trent in 1 sec.

tampabay25690
04-11-2012, 07:35 AM
Luck
RGIII
Kalil
Blackmon
Claiborne
Richardson
Floyd
Coples
Tannehill

I am almost 100% sure this will be the first 9 taken in any order.

Who do we target from the remaining players?

Quite possible but i could see Trent going to Cleve instead of Blackmon.
Im still not totally sold on Floyd as a top 10 guy and definitely not sold on Coples at all...

For the Bills I would probably say. Kirkpatrick, or Reiff, but to be honest I would rather trade out and get in late teens instead...

better days
04-11-2012, 07:52 AM
Would luv to see the avg the past 10 years of the top 5 picks and how long they have played.
I think you wpuld be surprised how short of careers they did have.

You are valued and opinion so its all good.
But to me Trent Richardson is a can't miss pick.
If I was Cleve, or Tampa I would grab Trent in 1 sec.

As a Bucs fan that saw the Bucs draft Cadillac Williams with the 5th pick of the 2005 draft, I would much rather see the Bucs draft CB Claiborne. CB is a position of need for the Bucs while RB is not.

Richardson may have a great career, I just don't want it to be on the Bills or Bucs

tampabay25690
04-11-2012, 08:49 AM
As a Bucs fan that saw the Bucs draft Cadillac Williams with the 5th pick of the 2005 draft, I would much rather see the Bucs draft CB Claiborne. CB is a position of need for the Bucs while RB is not.

Richardson may have a great career, I just don't want it to be on the Bills or Bucs

I live in Tampa as well and listen to all that goes on with the Bucs.
RB is a need for the Bucs they have Blount that cant catch a fly.
But yes they need a CB as well since Ronde will retire after this season.

I still draft Richardson if Im the Bucs.

k-oneputt
04-11-2012, 08:52 AM
Cleve = Richardson
Tampa + Claiborne

tampabay25690
04-11-2012, 09:10 AM
Cleve = Richardson
Tampa + Claiborne

Definitely can see it happeneing that way

better days
04-11-2012, 09:20 AM
I live in Tampa as well and listen to all that goes on with the Bucs.
RB is a need for the Bucs they have Blount that cant catch a fly.
But yes they need a CB as well since Ronde will retire after this season.

I still draft Richardson if Im the Bucs.

Not only will Ronde most likely retire after this year, but Talib may be suspended this year.

The Bucs can draft a RB in the 2nd or 3rd rnd.

I still say NO to Richardson. Why draft a RB, when you can draft the best CB in the draft?

tampabay25690
04-11-2012, 04:27 PM
Not only will Ronde most likely retire after this year, but Talib may be suspended this year.

I still say NO to Richardson. Why draft a RB, when you can draft the best CB in the draft?

Why not?
I agree Talib will probably be suspended.

CleveSteve
04-11-2012, 04:31 PM
Cleve = Richardson
Tampa + Claiborne

is this math?

CleveSteve
04-11-2012, 04:32 PM

Not to mention you guys have to defend NO and ATL's passing games.

k-oneputt
04-11-2012, 04:36 PM
is this math?

Close.
Bad typing maybe.

stuckincincy
04-11-2012, 04:42 PM
Why not?

They should take Richardson if the chance presents. Perhaps keep the defense off the field a few more minutes?

better days
04-11-2012, 06:06 PM
Why not?

Well, that is why not. Aside from the fact that CB is more highly valued than RB as far as positions go, The Bucs really need a CB & Blount is a better RB than many teams have. The Bucs can add to that position later in the draft.

X-Era
04-11-2012, 06:18 PM
I think the normally conservative Nix may make a move in this draft, I agree TB. Having that many picks and stating you have less holes makes the chance of moving up better.

better days
04-11-2012, 06:23 PM
They should take Richardson if the chance presents. Perhaps keep the defense off the field a few more minutes?

I'm sure teams drafting after the Bucs would love it if the Bucs passed on Claiborne to draft Richardson.

tampabay25690
04-11-2012, 09:16 PM
Well, that is why not. Aside from the fact that CB is more highly valued than RB as far as positions go, The Bucs really need a CB & Blount is a better RB than many teams have. The Bucs can add to that position later in the draft.

Ok