X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

BREAKING NEWS for the Sabres....

Rhett Warrener is getting traded to Calgary, but we don't know for who, yet. This will be announced at 6pm on WNSA and Empire during a PC.
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

WNSA Reports Chris Drury is the player!!!

Comment

• MissBuffalo
      Quiddity
      • Jul 2002

should I delete my thread now??
      See me here pushing you
      If I then deny I do
      Contemplate or wish away
      If I ask you not to stay

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

Calgary Flames General Manager and Head Coach Darryl Sutter announced today the acquisition of centre Steve Reinprecht and defenceman Rhett Warrener from the Buffalo Sabres in exchange for Steve Begin and Chris Drury.

The official National Hockey League website including news, rosters, stats, schedules, teams, and video.

Comment

• SkateZilla
          • Dec 2002

is this a good thing or a bad thing?
          Skate Zilla
          -----------------------
          Skate Zilla HD Studios:
          SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• Sabre Ally
            • Jul 2002

Are you kidding? How could getting Drury be a bad thing?

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

EXACTLY! All I gotta say is.... DAMN!

This team could be pretty good this year!

Comment

• SkateZilla
                • Dec 2002

i know
                i was being sarcastic.

now to trade away tim connolly
                Skate Zilla
                -----------------------
                Skate Zilla HD Studios:
                SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• Fairway To Green
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SkateZilla

now to trade away tim connolly

For what....................a bag of pucks? We may be able to get a dozen sticks too if were lucky!

Comment

• SkateZilla
                    • Dec 2002

ESPN News Say Drury is Expected to be the Teams Top Scorer this year.

Naw FW2G,

We Need Powerade Bottles for Biron.
                    Skate Zilla
                    -----------------------
                    Skate Zilla HD Studios:
                    SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• SkateZilla
                      • Dec 2002

Sabres strike again by Shane Rhinewald
                      (July 3) Darcy Regier has kept all of his promises, and he is not done yet.

Only days after acquiring Andy Delmore from the Nashville Predators, Regier struck again. With his power play defenseman in place, the Buffalo Sabres general manager moved on to tackle the problem of nabbing a top six forward. In the process, he may have found the number one center that the Buffalo Sabres have lacked for so long.

Regier announced the trade to the Buffalo media during a press conference Thursday.

The Sabres sent Keith Ballard, Buffalo’s number one pick in last year’s draft, to the Colorado Avalanche in return for leftwing/center Steven Reinprecht. Reinprecht’s tenure as a Buffalo Sabre did not last long though. Regier packaged the newly acquired forward with veteran defenseman Rhett Warrener and dealt both men to the Calgary Flames in return for Chris Drury and Steve Begin.

Drury (5’10 and a 180 pounds) won the Stanley Cup with the Colorado Avalanche in 2001 and has been a winner at every level. Last season he scored fifty-three points, a drop off from previous years, but managed to maintain his clutch persona. Drury, known for his play in pressure situations, said that he expects to continue in that role while in Buffalo. He stated that he is glad to come back East in a conference call moments after the announcement, but the shock was still apparent in his voice.

Along with Drury, the Sabres landed a good fourth line player in Begin. Compared by some to Buffalo forward Adam Mair, Begin is a small but tough player. He brings grit and energy to a team that will need to replace the void left by the departure of Warrener. Begin scored a mere four points last year in fifty games, but he notched 51 penalty minutes during that time. His greatest asset is heart.

Warrener, a former assistant captain for the Sabres, suffered multiple injuries during last season and appeared to be slowing down. A tough, stay at home defenseman, Warrener will add leadership and passion to a struggling Calgary franchise. The Sabres plethora of NHL quality blue liners made Warrener expendable, though his character will be sorely missed in Buffalo.

By making these deals, Regier shored up one of Buffalo’s main weaknesses up the middle. Drury will likely play alongside Miroslav Satan and Ales Kotalik going into next season, giving Buffalo a legitimate first line. With the addition of Daniel Briere at the trade deadline, the Sabres now have a strong one/two punch.

Both Drury and Begin are restricted free agents, but Regier said that he does not expect negotiations to be any different than those with any of the team’s other numerous free agents.

And Regier might not be done yet. He noted that he is interested in addressing the team’s third and fourth lines by adding grit and presumably toughness in his closing comments.
                      Skate Zilla
                      -----------------------
                      Skate Zilla HD Studios:
                      SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• EM Bills Fan 80
                        Let's Go Buffalo!
                        • Mar 2003

I really liked warrener, couldnt of been zhitnik instead???

Bye Bye Rhett

Comment

• Fairway To Green
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by EM Bills Fan 80
                          I really liked warrener, couldnt of been zhitnik instead???

Bye Bye Rhett

YEa.............I liked Warrener too. One of the few stand up guys we had. It was worth it if Drury plays like expected. I do hope they move Zhinik too.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                            short bus extraordinaire
                            • Jul 2002

that's funny that rhett was already in Calgary.
                            Originally posted by yordad
                            Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• keepdasabesinbuffalo
                              anyone seen my 50 mission cap?
                              • Dec 2002

Rhett Gone..Wooooooooooooooo Hooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! Don't let the locker door hit you where the good lord split you, ya little punk!!!!

and Chris Drury...man this deal just gets better and better!!!! we could have picked up a used puck bag and I'd be happy as long as Rhett was gone!
                              I play real hockey...on the ICE, with a white helmet!

Comment

Working...
                              X