PDA

View Full Version : Playoff hockey without the Sabres saddened me tonight

Skooby
04-12-2012, 07:10 PM
I watched some of the games & sat back upset, it didn't seem possible at the start of the season that we'd be here now. :(

SabreEleven
04-13-2012, 07:17 AM
I'm starting to enjoy my free time.

rbochan
04-13-2012, 07:31 AM
My golf scores have improved more than Leino's.

TMu11
04-13-2012, 12:17 PM
I wont even watch.

OpIv37
04-13-2012, 01:11 PM
I wont even watch.

I'm with you.

After the Sabres' late season push and falling just short, it's just deflating. I can't stand to watch other teams' fans raucously cheering their team on knowing that my team won't play again until October and won't have a shot at a playoff game for at least a year. And it makes it even worse for teams that have ****ty, bandwagon-jumping fans like Washington and Florida.

As much as I hate teams like Boston and Ottawa, at least their fans are real hockey fans.

G Wolly
04-13-2012, 01:26 PM
Well if we were in the spot Washington currently sits, we'd get killed by Boston.

And if we finished in 8th where Ottawa is, we'd get killed by the Rangers.

So I'm okay with this.

TMu11
04-13-2012, 01:49 PM
I went to the Winnipeg Jets vs Panthers game a couple weeks ago. I couldn't believe how flat their fanbase was. There was virtually no cheering until OT.

Ill take a Sabres game any night over that

OpIv37
04-13-2012, 01:53 PM
Well if we were in the spot Washington currently sits, we'd get killed by Boston.

And if we finished in 8th where Ottawa is, we'd get killed by the Rangers.

So I'm okay with this.

I'd rather be in and get killed than not get in. Failing to make the playoffs isn't going to bring about the fundamental changes that this team needs, so there is no point in missing the playoffs.

Also, we have a lot of young guys who could use the experience, even if it was only 4 or 5 games.

OpIv37
04-13-2012, 01:58 PM
I went to the Winnipeg Jets vs Panthers game a couple weeks ago. I couldn't believe how flat their fanbase was. There was virtually no cheering until OT.

Ill take a Sabres game any night over that

Caps games are similar. At the start of the game, the Caps fans cheer every time the Caps bring the puck up the ice, as if it's basketball and they're expected to score on every possession.

If the Caps don't score in the first 5 or 6 minutes, the fans completely run out of steam. And if the Caps get down by two or more, hopefully you brought an infant with you because it's a perfect time for them to take a nap.

Buffalogic
04-13-2012, 02:37 PM
yotes game was good last night. Fun to go to but made me think of Sabres a lot

DMBcrew36
04-14-2012, 02:50 PM
I was in corporate suite at the Pens/Flyers game last night -- sick game. It was even more fun because I didn't care who won.

Mski
04-14-2012, 03:03 PM
i saw the highlights of that Pitt/Philly game last night... WOW! after these two teams are done beating up eachother, i dont think they'll have anything left for the next round

YardRat
04-14-2012, 03:27 PM
Hockey is over.
Baseball sucks, so does NASCAR.
Golf is meant to be played, not viewed.
Who gives a **** about the NBA?

I'm back in football season mode already.