• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Russell Wilson

After watching the Gruden camp on Wilson, and having been a Wisconsin Badger casual follower, I've moved from mildly impressed to minor man-crush on Russell Wilson. I think he has a lot of tools and intangibles and his unflappable calmness under pressure is a major plus.

If we can get him in the 3rd round, it's a big time steal. I may even trade back up to the mid to late 2nd round for him.
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Russell Wilson

YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• The Jokeman
      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
      After watching the Gruden camp on Wilson, and having been a Wisconsin Badger casual follower, I've moved from mildly impressed to minor man-crush on Russell Wilson. I think he has a lot of tools and intangibles and his unflappable calmness under pressure is a major plus.

If we can get him in the 3rd round, it's a big time steal. I may even trade back up to the mid to late 2nd round for him.
      You're severly overvaluing him. I can't see him being taken any sooner than the 4th Round and that's even on the high scale. Right or wrong talent evaluators are going to judge Wilson on his stature which is going to move him down the draft board. We can all clamor on how great Flutie was but in reality he wasn't that great, I would say he was moderately above average, if you honestly evaluate his play. Not to mention he's the exception not the rule. So just because one guy can do it doesn't mean the next guy can. Personally I'd prefer the Bills let someone else take a chance on the next "little engine that could" as all too often the story's a better one than the actual production shown.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
        • Apr 2005

Been watching him since he was a starter for NC State. Count me in as having a man crush as well

Comment

• Lone Stranger
          • Sep 2002

I like him, also, but not before the 4th round.

Comment

• better days
            • Jan 2010

I am a big Wilson fan as well, I would love him in the 4th rnd.

Comment

• mayotm
              • Jul 2003

I like him as well. He was very productive at NC State. The fact that he was able to step into a new system at Wisconsin and be even more productive is especially impressive.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                Pinkerton's son
                • Feb 2006

Originally posted by The Jokeman
                You're severly overvaluing him. I can't see him being taken any sooner than the 4th Round and that's even on the high scale. Right or wrong talent evaluators are going to judge Wilson on his stature which is going to move him down the draft board. We can all clamor on how great Flutie was but in reality he wasn't that great, I would say he was moderately above average, if you honestly evaluate his play. Not to mention he's the exception not the rule. So just because one guy can do it doesn't mean the next guy can. Personally I'd prefer the Bills let someone else take a chance on the next "little engine that could" as all too often the story's a better one than the actual production shown.
                I am also a fan of Wilsons and cant say that I think hes GOING to be an NFL star or anything, but I think hes an intriguing choice in the 4th round or later...while size at QB is somewhat important, I also think it is overvalued. I'd bet on Wilson succeeding more than I would Osweiler. I think most would rank Osweiler better in overall Qb build and arm strength, yet what do those things mean in the NFL at QB if you dont have the leadership and awareness? Nothing.

NFL Qb's that succeed almost ALWAYS succeed because of their ability to lead a team and understand defensive schemes, while height is simply a perk...thats just my opinion but I think its not far off.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                  • Jul 2002

Isn't he someone that will be there in the 5th or 6th?

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                    Isn't he someone that will be there in the 5th or 6th?
                    Doubtful.
                    COMING SOON...
                    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                      Doubtful.
                      Where do you see him going and how do you rate him?

I have no idea about him other than watching him a couple games.

Comment

• PTI
                        Banned
                        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
                        NFL Qb's that succeed almost ALWAYS succeed because of their ability to lead a team and understand defensive schemes, while height is simply a perk...thats just my opinion but I think its not far off.
                        I agree leading is huge, but not having height is a huge obstacle to overcome, it is not simply a perk, not with the size and ability these NFL players have today. You are really underestimating size and physical ability IMO.

Comment

• better days
                          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by PTI
                          I agree leading is huge, but not having height is a huge obstacle to overcome, it is not simply a perk, not with the size and ability these NFL players have today. You are really underestimating size and physical ability IMO.
                          Well, no question GMs view his size as a detriment. If he were 6'4", I think he would be in the conversation with Luck & RGIII as a top QB prospect.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR

Where do you see him going and how do you rate him?

I have no idea about him other than watching him a couple games.
                            3rd-4th Round, I rate him as the #8 QB, #105 overall
                            COMING SOON...
                            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Bill Cody
                              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
                              I am also a fan of Wilsons and cant say that I think hes GOING to be an NFL star or anything, but I think hes an intriguing choice in the 4th round or later...while size at QB is somewhat important, I also think it is overvalued. I'd bet on Wilson succeeding more than I would Osweiler. I think most would rank Osweiler better in overall Qb build and arm strength, yet what do those things mean in the NFL at QB if you dont have the leadership and awareness? Nothing.

Height is a "perk" for a QB like it is for a basketball player. It helps, plain and simple. You seem to be saying Osweiler does not have leadership and awareness. Based on what?

Comment

Working...
                              X