PDA

View Full Version : So Basically, No One Is Worthy Of Our 1st Round Pick

Night Train
04-14-2012, 06:14 AM
Only Luck & RG3 are worthy, but will be gone in the first 2 picks.

Every other player discussed is a major reach, overvalued and overhyped.

Has anyone contacted OBD concerning this impending bust we're set to draft at #10 ? :trance:

Bangarang
04-14-2012, 06:23 AM
It's quite funny. Especially those yhat will base their opinions on what Mayock says and a 5 minute Youtube highlight video. And dont get me started on the fact that Reiff's arms are a half inch shorter than ideal. Guy has RT written all over him because of it.

ServoBillieves
04-14-2012, 06:23 AM
Reiff is a reach, Floyd "is the only one worthy, though a reach", if we go DE we dont need one and they'll be a bust anyway, Luke doesnt have the size to be at 10 but is perfect for 12...

Yup, you hit the nail on the head. If only we were drafting 12th... Since apparently 2 players off the board increases value.

The draft just needs to start...

feldspar
04-14-2012, 06:25 AM
Spot #10 is kind of awkward this year because of the perception of a drop-off in talent right about there. This is what the so-called experts are telling us. Unless somebody unexpectedly falls to us, DeCastro is my man. He is worth that pick.

stuckincincy
04-14-2012, 06:26 AM

Has anyone contacted OBD concerning this impending bust we're set to draft at #10 ? :trance:

We are all pre-upset. It's part of due diligence.

stuckincincy
04-14-2012, 06:28 AM
It's quite funny. Especially those yhat will base their opinions on what Mayock says and a 5 minute Youtube highlight video. And dont get me started on the fact that Reiff's arms are a half inch shorter than ideal. Guy has RT written all over him because of it.

I guess we need a guy who is 5 foot four - but has 45 inch arms like Bob McAdoo.

Bangarang
04-14-2012, 06:30 AM
We should just draft everyone that was featured on Sports Science. They dont just feature anyone on that thing right?

.......except they did do a piece on Trent Edwards

YardRat
04-14-2012, 06:35 AM
If we do end up drafting a bust at #10, I'm going to punch you in the nuts.

Philagape
04-14-2012, 06:40 AM
When someone uses the word reach before the draft, what they're basically saying is a pick is good or bad based on where a bunch of pencil-necked geeks took him in their little pretend games. Before he ever plays a down in the NFL.
Mock drafts are the Dungeons & Dragons of football.

better days
04-14-2012, 08:15 AM

Time will tell if he can play LT or not, but I would bet he will never be anything but average at either LT or RT. Like Robert Gallery before him, he may end up at Guard.

YardRat
04-14-2012, 08:21 AM
I'm OK with Floyd, Coples, Kuechly, Gilmore, and maybe Martin or Glenn.

X-Era
04-14-2012, 08:46 AM

The 10th best player is worth the 10th pick... Not that hard.

X-Era
04-14-2012, 08:48 AM
When someone uses the word reach before the draft, what they're basically saying is a pick is good or bad based on where a bunch of pencil-necked geeks took him in their little pretend games. Before he ever plays a down in the NFL.
Mock drafts are the Dungeons & Dragons of football.:lol: Hey I resemble that comment.

Skooby
04-14-2012, 08:49 AM
We need draft insurance, move back for more picks.

better days
04-14-2012, 08:58 AM
I'm OK with Floyd, Coples, Kuechly, Gilmore, and maybe Martin or Glenn.

The closer the draft is getting, the more I like Glenn. He is bigger than Reiff & for a big guy he can move. He also played against the toughest competition in College in the SEC.

If the Bills draft OL, Glenn is my first choice & DeCastro is 2nd.

stuckincincy
04-14-2012, 10:50 AM
We need draft insurance, move back for more picks.

Ask Flo.

baalworship
04-14-2012, 10:58 AM
I am sort of on board for Michael Floyd, Cordy Glenn, and David Decastro. All would really help our offense.

SABURZFAN
04-14-2012, 11:12 AM

welcome to the world of the booger eaters.....

Blacksheep71
04-14-2012, 11:14 AM
Personally I'm for Coples or Floyd at 10 with Kuechly being acceptable.

I think anyone else would be a reach, including Reiff and certainly Glenn

better days
04-14-2012, 11:23 AM
Personally I'm for Coples or Floyd at 10 with Kuechly being acceptable.

I think anyone else would be a reach, including Reiff and certainly Glenn

I think Kuechly would also be a reach myself.

ServoBillieves
04-14-2012, 11:24 AM
Ok... Someone define reach. It's tossed around so much i need verification on the term. Tyson Alualu was a reach. John McCargo was a reach. How is drafting top 15 talent at 10 reaching? And we dontt have the "luxury" of pick 11 or 12, so dont say "he could have been drafted later, we should have moved back ONE PICK to get him there and swap 7th rounders!"

Cali512
04-14-2012, 11:38 AM
Floyd/Blackmon, Luke, or Coples!

better days
04-14-2012, 11:41 AM
Ok... Someone define reach. It's tossed around so much i need verification on the term. Rudiments Alualu was a reach. John McCargo was a reach. How is drafting top 15 talent at 10 reaching? And we dontt have the "luxury" of pick 11 or 12, so dont say "he could have been drafted later, we should have moved back ONE PICK to get him there and swap 7th rounders!"

Reach: A player drafted higher than his talent warrants.

Beebe's Kid
04-14-2012, 11:46 AM
Good so we all agree!

Night Train
04-14-2012, 01:49 PM
A seemingly lack of consensus on what position is our biggest need has turned many into paranoid bridge jumpers, convinced the pick will be the wrong one. Thus, we have become hypercritical to a fault towards any player mentioned in these meritless mock drafts.

So the solution is to accept every trade down offer and stockpile 14 5th round picks to justify perceived " Value " .

:crazy:

YardRat
04-14-2012, 01:57 PM
Just wait until I make up my mind, closer to draft day. I never miss.

acehole
04-14-2012, 02:48 PM

You cant block anybody with two potatoes sticking out of your shoulders...

bflojohn
04-14-2012, 05:16 PM
If you really want amusing, on Path to the draft, Charlie Casserley said something to the effect that Riley Reiff didn't fit his criteria at OLT because his arms were basically 1/4 " shorter than his (Casserley's) preceived optimal length! Go get a ruler and look at 1/4" and please realize how absurd some of this "talk" becomes when it comes to evaluations of talent.

Extremebillsfan247
04-14-2012, 05:17 PM
Mock drafts are the Dungeons & Dragons of football.In my opinion, it's similar to talk with buddies over who to take to the prom. There are only a handful of sharp looking ladies. The rest, well, 1 isn't too bad except she has a body odor problem, another one has enough metal in her mouth to jump start a car with a smile, you could always ask the girl who looks more like a dude than you do, but who wants that?, and then there's the heavy one. She's probably going to be too big to wear the dress you want her to fit in, so that means cutting a whole in the bed sheets with pink flower pattern big enough for her head to fit through giving new meaning to the words potential bust. :biggrin:

ServoBillieves
04-14-2012, 05:23 PM
In my opinion, it's similar to talk with buddies over who to take to the prom. There are only a handful of sharp looking ladies. The rest, well, 1 isn't too bad except she has a body odor problem, another one has enough metal in her mouth to jump start a car with a smile, you could always ask the girl who looks more like a dude than you do, but who wants that?, and then there's the heavy one. She's probably going to be too big to wear the dress you want her to fit in, so that means cutting a whole in the bed sheets with pink flower pattern big enough for her head to fit through giving new meaning to the words potential bust. :biggrin:

If she break 300 can she play LT?

Extremebillsfan247
04-14-2012, 05:28 PM
If she break 300 can she play LT?Don't know, I hear her arms are too short. Get her angry, and she can probably run in the 4.9s. Not a pretty sight if she's running that 40 in her underwear. :biggrin:

Night Train
04-14-2012, 07:36 PM
Don't know, I hear her arms are too short. Get her angry, and she can probably run in the 4.9s. Not a pretty sight if she's running that 40 in her underwear. :biggrin:
If her 40's are double D's , then the 3 cone drill is a must see..

CleveSteve
04-14-2012, 08:54 PM
If we do end up drafting a bust at #10, I'm going to punch you in the nuts.

I'm going to punch a baby in the nuts.

X-Era
04-15-2012, 11:10 AM
Reach: A player drafted higher than his talent warrants.
Here's why you can't solely define it that way:

What if the 10th best player is ranked lower than the typical 10th ranked player in most drafts? Lets say that the 10th ranked player is typically graded at 96. But this draft has a drop off after the top 5 and players 6 through 20 are only ranked at 94. Then any player we take at 10 fits your definition... And to extend it further, we could take the 20th ranked player at 10, whom also has a grade of 94, and still not be reaching.

It's just not that easy in this draft because of the large group that shares similar grades after the top 5.

Hell if you wanted to draft strictly on your definition, the 10th best player regardless of their grade is never a reach at 10... the 10th best player should be drafted at 10.

This is really why I like the concept of tiers a bit better than strictly ranking players from 1 to 32 in the 1st round. It focuses on grades and separates them that way which makes your options at any point much more clear. BTW, teams use a draft board which is both horizontal and vertical in ranking... much more like tiers.

better days
04-15-2012, 11:54 AM
Here's why you can't solely define it that way:

What if the 10th best player is ranked lower than the typical 10th ranked player in most drafts? Lets say that the 10th ranked player is typically graded at 96. But this draft has a drop off after the top 5 and players 6 through 20 are only ranked at 94. Then any player we take at 10 fits your definition... And to extend it further, we could take the 20th ranked player at 10, whom also has a grade of 94, and still not be reaching.

It's just not that easy in this draft because of the large group that shares similar grades after the top 5.

Hell if you wanted to draft strictly on your definition, the 10th best player regardless of their grade is never a reach at 10... the 10th best player should be drafted at 10.

This is really why I like the concept of tiers a bit better than strictly ranking players from 1 to 32 in the 1st round. It focuses on grades and separates them that way which makes your options at any point much more clear. BTW, teams use a draft board which is both horizontal and vertical in ranking... much more like tiers.

Well, I think most teams draft for both BPA & team need. If a team needs a LT they will take a guy with a slightly lower grade than a RB with a higher grade for example, but they will not take a guy that has a 2nd rnd grade at #10 for the LT position even though it is a need. That would be a reach.

Bert102176
04-15-2012, 02:14 PM
besides luck and RG3 Blackmon and Floyd are worthy

Johnny Bugmenot
04-15-2012, 02:39 PM
It's a weak draft. Heck, even Griffin was a complete unknown until this year.

Thankfully, we now have the rookie wage scale.