PDA

View Full Version : Vikings to not take Kalil at #3

Sportsuser101
04-14-2012, 08:45 AM
According to Shefter

Goobylal
04-14-2012, 09:36 AM
Why would they announce this? Makes no sense.

X-Era
04-14-2012, 09:47 AM
Why would they announce this? Makes no sense.I don't know if talking to Shefter and giving him an impression on how they are leaning is the same as announcing.

Albany,n.y.
04-14-2012, 09:56 AM
Because if they know who they're taking & have no plans to trade the pick, what difference does it make? If they're sold on a guy who isn't Luck or RG3, then they're not in the market to trade the pick and being coy does them no good-all it does is confuse the guy that they may have already told will be their pick.

YardRat
04-14-2012, 10:21 AM
http://thevikingage.com/2012/04/12/adam-schefter-vikings-will-pass-on-matt-kalil/

In response to a message from Adam Schefter I changed the wording of the above post. Initially I conveyed that Schefter was “convinced” the Vikings would not take Kalil. But Schefter is in fact not convinced, he simply believes the Vikings are not a lock to take Kalil. This is the exact wording from the Schefter Q&A in question:

"The key to that would be Minnesota passing on Kalil, which I happen to believe the Vikings will. I’m in the minority
there and the Vikings are still deciding what to do, but I don’t think Kalil is the lock that others do — even if Minnesota stays at 3."

SABURZFAN
04-14-2012, 11:15 AM

sure it does. it generates interest from other teams and now the phone will be ringing. they could possibly land a deal that someone will overpay for the #3 pick in the draft.

Don't Panic
04-14-2012, 08:30 PM
Get the Brownies on the phone!

mysticsoto
04-15-2012, 06:08 AM
In other words, the Vikings are trying spread, "if you want to give us a megadeal to move up, we're willing b'cse we are not locked down on a player".

Nothing to see here folks...