PDA

View Full Version : Some draft buzz

X-Era
04-14-2012, 09:18 AM
Rumors are swirling that Johnathan Martin may fall out of the 1st round completely:

http://profootball.scout.com/a.z?s=127&p=9&c=2&cid=1177182&nid=5445926&fhn=1

Peter King is saying the Rams love Trent Richardson.

https://twitter.com/#!/SI_PeterKing/statuses/190968126312161281

Two things on this. I think the Bills may skip Martin at 10. I also think Blackmon has an outside shot at dropping to us. I think the Rams were the most likely landing spot before us. I think the Jags will go with another position.

BloFan4Life
04-14-2012, 09:19 AM
Both are long shots to happen. Blackmon will go before us. Too many teams have that need. Martin will go in the 20s because too many team have the OT need.

better days
04-14-2012, 10:00 AM
Rumors are swirling that Johnathan Martin may fall out of the 1st round completely:

http://profootball.scout.com/a.z?s=127&p=9&c=2&cid=1177182&nid=5445926&fhn=1

Peter King is saying the Rams love Trent Richardson.

https://twitter.com/#!/SI_PeterKing/statuses/190968126312161281

Two things on this. I think the Bills may skip Martin at 10. I also think Blackmon has an outside shot at dropping to us. I think the Rams were the most likely landing spot before us. I think the Jags will go with another position.

Martin has not even been a part of the Bills speculation at #10. And for good reason, he is WEAK.

X-Era
04-14-2012, 10:07 AM
Martin has not even been a part of the Bills speculation at #10. And for good reason, he is WEAK.We had him in for a visit.

YardRat
04-14-2012, 10:32 AM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?p=3631171#post3631171

If the Rams pass on Blackmon, I could still see Jax, Fins or Panthers taking him. Also, if Richardson is there at six it probably means Cleveland stayed put and took Blackmon instead of the RB.

Ed
04-14-2012, 11:16 AM
I don't think Martin has ever been a realistic option at #10. I think his visit had more to do with if they trade down towards the end of round 1 or if he happens to still be available in the 2nd. They also brought in guys like Bruce Irvin and there's no way he's going in the 1st.

I've seen some rumors somewhere that the Jags really like Melvin Ingram and I'm starting to see more and more mocks that have Blackmon falling to the Bills.

better days
04-14-2012, 11:45 AM
We had him in for a visit.

Well, if he is there in the 2nd rnd or later, he might be worth putting into the weight room for a year or two, let him get stronger & develop.

The Jokeman
04-14-2012, 12:01 PM
We had him in for a visit.
The draft doesn't stop after Round 1 you know.

Raptor
04-14-2012, 01:51 PM
Martin thing doesn't surprise me, He's Sam Baker v2.0

Cali512
04-14-2012, 02:02 PM
The rams loving Trent doesnt matter. Cleveland and TB are in front of them

alohabillsfan
04-14-2012, 02:23 PM
NO WAY Blackmon gets past JAX, Mia, and Carolina to get to us. LMAO

Mski
04-14-2012, 03:00 PM
NO WAY Blackmon gets past JAX, Mia, and Carolina to get to us. LMAOand there was NO WAY Rodgers would fall to Green Bay, or Big Ben would fall to Pitt

Luisito23
04-14-2012, 04:40 PM
When it comes to the draft "NO WAY" is obsolete.

I have a feeling we're gonna be surprised though, I only hope it's a good surprise.

TigerJ
04-14-2012, 09:02 PM
If Martin were to drop out of the first round and Buffalo went with something other than a tckle in the first round, I'd be pretty intrigued about him as a Bills pick in round 2. At that point you might be getting a player with a real chip on his shoulder after being passed over in the first round when he thought maybe he was a high first round pick at one point. He might just decide to hit the gym and become superman so he could prove everyone wrong. That wouldn't be a bad thing.

CleveSteve
04-14-2012, 09:25 PM
The Rams want Matt Kalil or Justin Blackmon. If they're leaking that they want Richardson, it's because they don't want Cleveland or Tampa trading behind them. Jacksonville may trade ahead of STL for Blackmon. BUF, KC, or MIN (after trade down) could want to get in front of STL if MIN doesn't take Kalil at 3. STL wants CLE and TB to take Richardson where they are to let one more player they want to fall to 6.

better days
04-14-2012, 09:29 PM
The Rams want Matt Kalil or Justin Blackmon. If they're leaking that they want Richardson, it's because they don't want Cleveland or Tampa trading behind them. Jacksonville may trade ahead of STL for Blackmon. BUF, KC, or MIN (after trade down) could want to get in front of STL if MIN doesn't take Kalil at 3. STL wants CLE and TB to take Richardson where they are to let one more player they want to fall to 6.

Ronde Barber said the other day that he was told the Bucs would take Clayborne if he is there.

CleveSteve
04-14-2012, 09:34 PM
Ronde Barber said the other day that he was told the Bucs would take Clayborne if he is there.

Which, of course, may or may not be true. STL's declared love for Richardson may also be a ploy to encourage TB to drop behind STL to allow Claiborne to fall to them. Bottom line is you can't trust anything that's "leaked" about the draft... especially this close to draft day.

better days
04-14-2012, 09:45 PM
Which, of course, may or may not be true. STL's declared love for Richardson may also be a ploy to encourage TB to drop behind STL to allow Claiborne to fall to them. Bottom line is you can't trust anything that's "leaked" about the draft... especially this close to draft day.

Pundits have been saying lately that the Bucs will draft Richardson, but I don't believe it. If Clayborn is on the board he will be the Bucs pick.

CleveSteve
04-14-2012, 10:12 PM
Pundits have been saying lately that the Bucs will draft Richardson, but I don't believe it. If Clayborn is on the board he will be the Bucs pick.

Claiborne is who I would take if I was picking for Tampa.

HAMMER
04-14-2012, 10:17 PM

If I'm making the pick I'm taking the guy that touches the ball 25x a game.

better days
04-15-2012, 12:00 AM
If I'm making the pick I'm taking the guy that touches the ball 25x a game.

I'm glad you are not picking for the Bucs or the Bills.

jamze132
04-15-2012, 12:47 AM
Would rather have Floyd than Blackmon.

alohabillsfan
04-15-2012, 05:56 AM
and there was NO WAY Rodgers would fall to Green Bay, or Big Ben would fall to Pitt

Im willing to put the money where my mouth is... You? ya, didnt think so!

ddaryl
04-15-2012, 06:47 AM
martin is not worth the #10 pick.. His strength was very suspect at the combine. He also played next to DeCastro for a few years, and that had to elevate his game some.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him there in rd 2...

Night Train
04-15-2012, 07:37 AM
I'm starting to think it's a moot point.

Bills will strongly consider Glenn at #10 and then move on to other needs. He finished the year strong at LT and dominated the Senior Bowl week, which the Bills put a lot of stock in.

Rookie cap means the big $$ isn't killing teams at the top anymore. Bills would give it to a LT they could start for the next 5 years. Maybe a WR but they just gave decent WR $ to SJ and might think giving $ to a rookie WR (over a proven Vet who is ready) is a risk.

We'll see. I'm just guessing but that LT depth chart speaks volumes. We have to get one early.

YardRat
04-15-2012, 07:48 AM
We'll see. I'm just guessing but that LT depth chart speaks volumes. We have to get one early.

Or cornerback.

ddaryl
04-15-2012, 07:51 AM
Bills will strongly consider Glenn at #10 and then move on to other needs. He finished the year strong at LT and dominated the Senior Bowl week, which the Bills put a lot of stock in.

He is an intriguing player... combine wise though Chris Hairston measured better across the board.

Looking at it that way you have to think Buddy and Co. have some 3rd, or latter obscure OT targeted.

I think it will be a CB or a WR at #10 since those picks seem to have the best value for us. DE's LB's and OT all seem to kind of blurr in regards to whom is rated above whom.

Night Train
04-15-2012, 08:37 AM
Or cornerback.
Yup. I think it's Glenn or Gilmore if they stay at #10.

X-Era
04-15-2012, 11:21 AM
I'm starting to think it's a moot point.

Rookie cap means the big $$ isn't killing teams at the top anymore. Bills would give it to a LT they could start for the next 5 years. Maybe a WR but they just gave decent WR $ to SJ and might think giving $ to a rookie WR (over a proven Vet who is ready) is a risk.

We'll see. I'm just guessing but that LT depth chart speaks volumes. We have to get one early.If we go by the depth chart I'd agree that LT would seem the most likely. But I don't think LB is far behind. CB and WR would actually seem much lower priorities by the depth chart but in both cases we may be targeting an upgrade to a starter we already have.

YardRat
04-15-2012, 11:27 AM
If we go by the depth chart I'd agree that LT would seem the most likely. But I don't think LB is far behind. CB and WR would actually seem much lower priorities by the depth chart but in both cases we may be targeting an upgrade to a starter we already have.

WR maybe, but definitely not CB. We only have six on the roster atm, and I would bet most couldn't name all six without looking it up.

better days
04-15-2012, 11:49 AM
WR maybe, but definitely not CB. We only have six on the roster atm, and I would bet most couldn't name all six without looking it up.

The good news is this draft is deep at both WR & CB.

ddaryl
04-15-2012, 12:08 PM

there's

Slowie
Oldie
Beatie
Dropsie
Florence
Williams

YardRat
04-15-2012, 12:12 PM
there's

Slowie
Oldie
Beatie
Dropsie
Florence
Williams

Damn. I hate being wrong :mad: Good job...

HAMMER
04-15-2012, 12:12 PM
He is an intriguing player... combine wise though Chris Hairston measured better across the board.

Looking at it that way you have to think Buddy and Co. have some 3rd, or latter obscure OT targeted.

I think it will be a CB or a WR at #10 since those picks seem to have the best value for us. DE's LB's and OT all seem to kind of blurr in regards to whom is rated above whom.

This is what I find funny about all the back and forth from the armchair GM's. People argue about the value of all of the "names" that they hear from all the analysts and they regurgitate them like a mama bird. In reality they have little to no idea what players the Bills value and where.

X-Era
04-15-2012, 01:19 PM
WR maybe, but definitely not CB. We only have six on the roster atm, and I would bet most couldn't name all six without looking it up.My thought is that you have Florence that we re-signed, McGee that we restructured, McKelvin, Rogers, and our 2nd rounder in Williams. So I think it's similar to our WR depth where we have depth but could use an upgrade at one of our starting CB spots.

X-Era
04-15-2012, 01:19 PM
there's

Slowie
Oldie
Beatie
Dropsie
Florence
WilliamsWhere's Sleepy and Doc?

ddaryl
04-15-2012, 02:12 PM
Where's Sleepy and Doc?