X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Renovating the Ralph is the best case scenario

In this scenario it is going to be a price-tag of just over 200 million from what I read in the news today. These renovations will focus on fan experience. Yes we will be hit a bit in taxes. What we won't be hit with is the thousands of dollars of PSL's that we would if there was to be a new stadium built.

People ***** now about prices. Imagine if you had to plunk down 5k for PSLs on top of your ticket price. I know it would make me take a step back before purchasing. Well not me personally but me explaining to my wife why there is 5 k missing from our savings account.

Also our beloved tailgate will not be harmed.

• dannyek71
    Drink Responsibly
    • Dec 2004

Re: Renovating the Ralph is the best case scenario

Who *****es about prices? I sit 4 rows from the field and pay something like $400 for the season. I don't think you could get the same seats for less than 10x more down in NJ
    [

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by dannyek71
      Who *****es about prices? I sit 4 rows from the field and pay something like $400 for the season. I don't think you could get the same seats for less than 10x more down in NJ
      Not me. Prices are amazing to me, but people do.

And you are making my point. If a new stadium was built our ticket prices increase by 10x

Comment

• gr8slayer
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
        In this scenario it is going to be a price-tag of just over 200 million from what I read in the news today. These renovations will focus on fan experience. Yes we will be hit a bit in taxes. What we won't be hit with is the thousands of dollars of PSL's that we would if there was to be a new stadium built.

People ***** now about prices. Imagine if you had to plunk down 5k for PSLs on top of your ticket price. I know it would make me take a step back before purchasing. Well not me personally but me explaining to my wife why there is 5 k missing from our savings account.

Also our beloved tailgate will not be harmed.

One nice thing about the PSL's is that you don't have to pay it all upfront. It doesn't make up for the fact that you have to pay it, but it sure makes it easier.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by gr8slayer
          One nice thing about the PSL's is that you don't have to pay it all upfront. It doesn't make up for the fact that you have to pay it, but it sure makes it easier.
          Ok but I don't want to pay them AT ALL.

Comment

• gr8slayer
            • Feb 2005

That's the price you pay for a nice facility.

Comment

• Blacksheep71
              Veteran Zoner
              • Mar 2011

No new stadium makes it easier for the LA Bills to come into existence.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Blacksheep71
                Exactly, and that's why I would personally prefer the new stadium route. If you and the community are going to invest $800(ish) million in a new stadium, there's a zero percent chance that the talk of moving comes up for another thirty years.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                  That's the price you pay for a nice facility.
                  Or not in this case since renovating will make the stadium nice as well. Hook up the bathrooms and we are in BUSINESS!

Already has the best sight lines in the league, which by the way is the main reason to be there.

I am there to watch football not do pussy ****.

Comment

• BLeonard
                    BoB Sabermetrician
                    • Jan 2003

The thing is, eventually, the Bills are going to need a new stadium. Now, that might be 20 years down the road, but with inflation and all that, the PSL's at that time will likely be greater than they would be if they just built a new stadium to be ready, say, three years down the road.

Renovating the Ralph is all well and good, but when all is said and done, that's only a temporary solution to keep them in WNY.

-Bill

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Blacksheep71
                      Not when it comes with a 200 million dollar renovation and new lease.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BLeonard
                        The thing is, eventually, the Bills are going to need a new stadium. Now, that might be 20 years down the road, but with inflation and all that, the PSL's at that time will likely be greater than they would be if they just built a new stadium to be ready, say, three years down the road.

Renovating the Ralph is all well and good, but when all is said and done, that's only a temporary solution to keep them in WNY.

-Bill
                        a temporary or a 20 year solution???

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                          • Jul 2002

I think they can really do wonders on the Ralph for 200+ million. The last renovations were only focused on the suites etc. Moving the gates out and improving concessions, bathrooms, and sound would be great.

Comment

• BLeonard
                            BoB Sabermetrician
                            • Jan 2003

a temporary or a 20 year solution???
                            In today's world, 20 years is temporary...

Also, from all that I have read, a new lease likely would be the same length as the current CBA is... Which is 10 years.

IMO, any renovation would only result in a lease of 15 years MAX... Especially given the fact that our owner is 90 plus years old... I can about bet that a new owner is going to be pushing for a new stadium as soon as they possibly can.

NYS had no problems plunking down hundreds of millions of dollars for new stadiums for the Yankees, Mets, Giants and Jets (which by the way, Giants Stadium was 3 years younger than RWS is and isn't even in NYS). I see no reason why the Bills should not be able to receive the same type of treatment.

-Bill

Comment

• X-Era
                              What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by dannyek71
                              Tell people the Bills just raised the ticket prices 10 bucks... they're here.

Comment

Working...
                              X