Would you deal with the devil (Pats) with our 10th pick ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skooby
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Would you deal with the devil (Pats) with our 10th pick ??

The Pats have the 27th & 31st pick in the 2012 draft, so would you be willing to trade our 10th pick for their 2 - 1st round picks & their 4th ??

3 picks in the first 41 of a deep draft is enticing, isn't it?

Draft chart for review - http://drafttek.com/tradechart.html
    Last edited by Skooby; 04-15-2012, 04:49 PM.
  • clumping platelets

Re: Would you deal with the devil (Pats) with our 10th pick ??

Comment

• SquishDaFish
      Lets GO BUFFALO!!
      • Jun 2005

I would make them OVERPAY! **** them LOL

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
        Skoobasaurus-Rex
        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by SquishDaFish
        I would make them OVERPAY! **** them LOL
        Agreed, they are based on my scenario.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
          Sab and TD are insignificant
          • Sep 2002

I would rather not deal with the pats at all.
          www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
            Skoobasaurus-Rex
            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by ublinkwescore
            I would rather not deal with the pats at all.
            It look like you have a devil phobia already, so normally this wouldn't be your cup of tea.

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

It would have to be more than the two firsts and a fourth to even start to considerate it, DVC goes out the window within the division, especially with the Pats.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown
                The Pats have the 27th & 31st pick in the 2012 draft, so would you be willing to trade our 10th pick for their 2 - 1st round picks & their 4th ??

3 picks in the first 41 of a deep draft is enticing, isn't it?

Draft chart for review - http://drafttek.com/tradechart.html
                Short answer is no. There are a few reasons why that would be a bad idea. First, moving from 10th to the 27th is a huge drop for a team that went 6-10 last year. Unlike some drafts, there are quite a few prospects with 2nd round talent that will make it into the bottom of the first because first round talent is actually lacking this year.

Trading with a division rival, you have to assume, they know something that you don't. You also have to keep in mind that helping the Bills will never be in the Patriots best interest. The longer they can keep this team down, the better it is for them. If the Patriots feel the advantage is greater for them, they'd do it. They wouldn't do it to help the Bills, but to hurt them. Just saying. So, my answer is no, I wouldn't do it.
                Last edited by Extremebillsfan247; 04-16-2012, 11:58 AM.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                  Skoobasaurus-Rex
                  • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Extremebillsfan247
                  Short answer is no. There are a few reasons why that would be a bad idea. First, moving from 10th to the 27th is a huge drop for a team that went 6-10 last year. Unlike some drafts, there is quite a bit of 2nd round talent that will make it into the bottom of the first because first round talent is actually lacking this year.
                  The main reason we were 6-10 is injuries with no depth, so this type of opportunity should create 2 improvements at current positions versus possibly just 1 of 2. I'd also have to weigh in that the Bills draft board targeted the mid-round 1st through our 2nd for targeted players.

Basically, it's easier to hit with 3 chips on the table versus 2. Add in that first rounder that was expected to go early that falls every year should be available late in the 1st round, odds are someone will be there that the Bills liked but was a reach at our current 10th spot.
                  Last edited by Skooby; 04-15-2012, 05:55 PM.

Comment

• Bangarang
                    • Sep 2010

Don't the Pats always try and trade for more picks instead of less?

Comment

• clumping platelets

I'd give them #10 for both #1's, 4th this year and a pick in 2013

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                        Skoobasaurus-Rex
                        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Bangarang
                        Don't the Pats always try and trade for more picks instead of less?
                        They normally do that but a certain player they love might fall to 10th, so this isn't out of the realm of possibility.

Comment

• BLeonard
                          BoB Sabermetrician
                          • Jan 2003

Well, I don't see the Pats doing that... Belichick likes to trade back and acquire picks, not give them up.

But, let's assume that they would offer that. Here's my questions:

1: Who's off the board?
                          2: What are other teams offering?

The Pats being willing to trade up like that tells me that there is someone there that they want, which likley means someone has fallen that wasn't expected to fall. That means other teams would likely want to try to trade up as well.

Now, if Cleveland is on the phone, I'd be willing to give the #10 to them for thir second first (22 overall) and their second (37 overall). I'd still get 3 picks in the first 41 and not have to deal within the division.

Even better, if Cincy is on the phone offering both of their first round picks (17 and 21 overall). I might even be willing to give Cincy a lower round pick in order to make that happen... again, I get my 3 picks in the first 41 and get 2 picks before NE gets one.

But, if I'm the Bills, and the guy I want is there at 10, I dunno that I risk trading down at all, for the simple reason that "my guy" could very well be gone by the time I get back on the clock.

Only if I don't have "my guy" at 10 do I consider trading down with anyone.

-Bill
                          Last edited by BLeonard; 04-15-2012, 06:16 PM.

Comment

• clumping platelets

Originally posted by BLeonard
                            Well, I don't see the Pats doing that... Belichick likes to trade back and acquire picks, not give them up.

But, let's assume that they would offer that. Here's my questions:

1: Who's off the board?
                            2: What are other teams offering?

The Pats being willing to trade up like that tells me that there is someone there that they want, which likley means someone has fallen that wasn't expected to fall. That means other teams would likely want to try to trade up as well.

Now, if Cleveland is on the phone, I'd be willing to give the #10 to them for thir second first (22 overall) and their second (37 overall). I'd still get 3 picks in the first 41 and not have to deal within the division.

Even better, if Cincy is on the phone offering both of their first round picks (17 and 21 overall). I might even be willing to give Cincy a lower round pick in order to make that happen... again, I get my 3 picks in the first 41 and get 2 picks before NE gets one.

But, if I'm the Bills, and the guy I want is there at 10, I dunno that I risk trading down at all, for the simple reason that "my guy" could very well be gone by the time I get back on the clock.

Only if I don't have "my guy" at 10 do I consider trading down with anyone.

-Bill

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                              Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                              • Jun 2005

Two firsts this year a 4th this year and a 2nd next year or better. OR NO`

Comment

Working...
                              X