PDA

View Full Version : LT J. Martin - Might Be The Pick ?

Night Train
04-16-2012, 04:48 AM
http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/article812871.ece

Hmm...maybe we know too much about him. It's whether he shows up on Sunday and can pass block for the most part, with some run blocking thrown in. Game film speaks volumes. Ourlads Scouting loves his game film.

Not how he works at a Combine. So he needs to bench a bit more. Who doesn't, coming out of college ?

McShay and Kiper have zero credibility with me. Don't waste $ on " Insider " reports.

If he can pass block and Nix thinks he's good with upside..then he's in the mix with Glenn,Reiff,Floyd,Gilmore and a couple others.

YardRat
04-16-2012, 05:24 AM
He's certainly in the mix. The only thing that I'm wary of is if they go LT at 10 then it's an admission on the FO part that they believe Hairston can't play there, and I don't think they are at that point yet.

X-Era
04-16-2012, 05:38 AM
He's certainly in the mix. The only thing that I'm wary of is if they go LT at 10 then it's an admission on the FO part that they believe Hairston can't play there, and I don't think they are at that point yet.Nor do I. I think they are more likely to get a splashier pick with a play-maker on either the defense or offense.

better days
04-16-2012, 06:31 AM
He's certainly in the mix. The only thing that I'm wary of is if they go LT at 10 then it's an admission on the FO part that they believe Hairston can't play there, and I don't think they are at that point yet.

Well, just before the Chiefs game last year, Nix said Hairston is better than they thought he was when they drafted him.

He said "We will start Demetrius Bell & we think he can get it done, but if he doesn't, this guy (Hairston) will be ready at some point during the year to do it."

I don't think Hairston did anything to change the Bills mind about him with his play last year & in fact that is most likely the reason the Bills were not worried about losing Bell.

The Spaz
04-16-2012, 06:36 AM
It all could be BS but heard rumblings the last few weeks that Martin might not even go 1st. round. He also declined invitation to the draft.