PDA

View Full Version : If you had your choice of Mario Williams or P. Manning this offseason

Skooby
04-16-2012, 07:13 PM
It's a pretty simple choice, Mario should improve our pass rush as well as Peyton on any offense, both are coming off injuries with PM being much more serious. Manning has also been a huge difference maker for the offense side which weighs in as well after coming off his injury.

Who's your choice, knowing what you know?

Skooby
04-16-2012, 07:19 PM
I'd take Mario because his health cannot really that impacted by his injury, he also should have many years left to make us better for the long haul.

HAMMER
04-16-2012, 07:33 PM
Manning all day every day.

ParanoidAndroid
04-16-2012, 07:42 PM
^ ditto

ParanoidAndroid
04-16-2012, 07:42 PM
I'm glad we have Mario, though!!!!

better days
04-16-2012, 09:12 PM
Manning all day every day.

You do realize he is 37 years old & has a broken neck right?

Skooby
04-16-2012, 09:18 PM

There's weight on both side of the table, plus risk. A healthy Manning is a ungodly event of talent & progressively learning student.

we are
04-16-2012, 09:22 PM

Actually he's 36 and every report has him throwing very well and looking healthy.

Skooby
04-16-2012, 09:47 PM
Actually he's 36 and every report has him throwing very well and looking healthy.

Yeah, multiple neck surgery QB's are wonderful long term assets.

Stewie
04-16-2012, 10:42 PM
I'd rather have Mario because of where our roster is.

Manning could easily play effectively for 3-4 more years. Who knows, he might use this as motivation to play for another 5-6. I wouldn't be surprised to see him play extremely well. He's Peyton Manning.

He would not have fit this team as well as he fits in Denver. We were never in his purview.

Manning also represented a valuable asset to Denver that no other team needed; a fan-friendly Tebow exit clause.

djjimkelly
04-16-2012, 10:49 PM
for one or two seasons peyton

for 4-5-6 seasons mario

easy choice

JCBills
04-16-2012, 10:51 PM

Yeah, has he taken a hit yet?

HAMMER
04-16-2012, 11:41 PM
The neck surgery makes him no more fragile than he was previous to it, in fact it has made his neck more stable than it was previously. A field general that touches the ball on every offensive play, with one of the greatest minds the game has ever seen, versus a big dog that is told to chase a bone. I think it's easy to see who would have the bigger impact.

better days
04-16-2012, 11:50 PM
The neck surgery makes him no more fragile than he was previous to it, in fact it has made his neck more stable than it was previously. A field general that touches the ball on every offensive play, with one of the greatest minds the game has ever seen, versus a big dog that is told to chase a bone. I think it's easy to see who would have the bigger impact.

Yeah, I bet with a fused neck, he will really be able to swivel that neck around to see the DE about to crush him or to look from side to side to find that open receiver. LOL And he will be CLOSE to 37 by the end of the season, like a month away.

I will take the younger dog myself.

better days
04-16-2012, 11:55 PM
I'd rather have Mario because of where our roster is.

Manning could easily play effectively for 3-4 more years. Who knows, he might use this as motivation to play for another 5-6. I wouldn't be surprised to see him play extremely well. He's Peyton Manning.

He would not have fit this team as well as he fits in Denver. We were never in his purview.

Manning also represented a valuable asset to Denver that no other team needed; a fan-friendly Tebow exit clause.

There is no evidence that Peyton will play effectively for one more year, let alone 3 or 4.

Seriously you think he could play until he is 41 or 42 years old? Even if he had not broken his neck, I would doubt that.

BADTHINGSMAN
04-16-2012, 11:56 PM
Mario Williams, take the younger pass rusher and build around him. Peyton would have been great to see in Buffalo, but not sure he would be the "fix" a lot seem to think he would be. Peyton will do great in Denver with an actual defense to get the ball back in his hands.

better days
04-17-2012, 12:03 AM
Mario Williams, take the younger pass rusher and build around him. Peyton would have been great to see in Buffalo, but not sure he would be the "fix" a lot seem to think he would be. Peyton will do great in Denver with an actual defense to get the ball back in his hands.

An actual defense? The Broncos ranked #20 last year, that is not even average. And they have not done anything to improve it so far this year. In fact they lost a big piece of it when Bunkley left in FA.

Extremebillsfan247
04-17-2012, 12:25 AM
Mario Williams is about to enter the prime of his career, in my opinion it's not even a close contest. I take Mario over Manning.

thenry20
04-17-2012, 01:02 AM
It's a pretty simple choice, Mario should improve our pass rush as well as Peyton on any offense, both are coming off injuries with PM being much more serious. Manning has also been a huge difference maker for the offense side which weighs in as well after coming off his injury.

Who's your choice, knowing what you know?

Williams. That was easy. Manning is on the downside of his career. He has to have at least 3 Pro Bowl type years for the Broncos to recoup that investment. Of course, winning just 1 more super Bowl. would make it seem like a bargain in some people's eyes.

feldspar
04-17-2012, 01:53 AM
The Titans were faced with that choice, and they went after Peyton...winding up with neither.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/19/bud-adams-focus-on-peyton-may-have-cost-titans-mario-williams/

We may have been damn lucky that Manning was a free agent this year. Who knows?

I'm glad I don't have the choice.