PDA

View Full Version : Prospect Visit #30

DraftBoy
04-17-2012, 08:34 AM
http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2012/04/cb-jamell-fleming-makes-30-visits/

We now know who the final Bills offseason visitor is and it comes in the form of Oklahoma CB Jamell Fleming. Fleming marks visitor #30 for the Bills per our reports. We have 24 confirmed visitors with 6 unconfirmed and only 9 days until Round 1 kicks off.

Night Train
04-17-2012, 08:40 AM
The best is always saved for last, so Fleming is our obvious 1st round pick. :up: :trance:

better days
04-17-2012, 08:43 AM
I can't wait until the 26 of April. Exciting times.

k-oneputt
04-17-2012, 08:52 AM
I like Fleming.

i hope they are looking at him with one of the 4th rd. picks.

BillsLunaticEZE
04-17-2012, 12:12 PM
Interesting cause Chris Brown just started following Michael Floyd, I thought he would be a visitor.

Lone Stranger
04-17-2012, 12:13 PM
Noted by his absence - Riley Reiff.

ddaryl
04-17-2012, 12:27 PM
just pimped your website on the official Bills forum with your list of 30 visitors.. Should generate some traffic

good job putting that list together

stuckincincy
04-17-2012, 03:33 PM
As some poster mentioned elsewhere, it seems that local high school/college players fall out of the 30 visit/workout thing:

http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/sports/football/bengals/24-local-players-workout-for-bengals

Not especially good news for the Bills - high school football in WNY, college football in NYS, is tiny compared to FL, OH, TX, PA and so on.

DraftBoy
04-17-2012, 04:00 PM
As some poster mentioned elsewhere, it seems that local high school/college players fall out of the 30 visit/workout thing:

http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/sports/football/bengals/24-local-players-workout-for-bengals

Not especially good news for the Bills - high school football in WNY, college football in NYS, is tiny compared to FL, OH, TX, PA and so on.

Also doesn't help that the Bills choose not to hold a local pro day this year.

stuckincincy
04-17-2012, 04:17 PM

It's a mystery. Local days are on one hand no big cost (fork over 5 grand as a contribution to Canisius, UB, Buff State etc. for use of a field, hire a caterer for sandwiches, doughnuts, chips, Gatorade, get your already on-salary staff out there), and on the other hand a PR thing that makes local fans and alumnae happy, and occasionally results in dividends - perhaps not starters, but perhaps one of these unsung but vital ST players.

OBD dropped the ball.

TedMock
04-17-2012, 04:24 PM

The crap NFL regional combine was held at U.B. Wonder if they just piggy-backed. Still a bad idea, but I'm not surprised.

methos4ever
04-17-2012, 04:51 PM
It's a mystery. Local days are on one hand no big cost (fork over 5 grand as a contribution to Canisius, UB, Buff State etc. for use of a field, hire a caterer for sandwiches, doughnuts, chips, Gatorade, get your already on-salary staff out there), and on the other hand a PR thing that makes local fans and alumnae happy, and occasionally results in dividends - perhaps not starters, but perhaps one of these unsung but vital ST players.

OBD dropped the ball.
They've had the guys under their noses for four years AND have one of their coaches on the team now. Not like they aren't looking at these guys still. Also, the regional combine eliminates that need as well.

stuckincincy
04-17-2012, 05:04 PM
They've had the guys under their noses for four years AND have one of their coaches on the team now. Not like they aren't looking at these guys still. Also, the regional combine eliminates that need as well.

That's a fair comment - I know what you mean. Still, nothing wrong with ginning up the local interest, the fans who pay for those tickets. It's good business sense.

The cost of a "local day" is probably less than a game day check for the lowest-paid player on a 53 man roster. Why pass up the opportunity? And you never know - a youngster you dismissed beforehand may pique interest - if you have a bunch of youngsters who are willing to show their stuff, why not take advantage?

At the very least, some 20 year-olds are happy, gain some memories for their efforts, other kids yet to play are told by those, and try to become better players.

It's all win - win, IMO.

methos4ever
04-17-2012, 06:29 PM
That's a fair comment - I know what you mean. Still, nothing wrong with ginning up the local interest, the fans who pay for those tickets. It's good business sense.

The cost of a "local day" is probably less than a game day check for the lowest-paid player on a 53 man roster. Why pass up the opportunity? And you never know - a youngster you dismissed beforehand may pique interest - if you have a bunch of youngsters who are willing to show their stuff, why not take advantage?

At the very least, some 20 year-olds are happy, gain some memories for their efforts, other kids yet to play are told by those, and try to become better players.

It's all win - win, IMO.
I see what you're saying - but they had to cut corners and pay the lights somehow this month after Mario's check cleared! :biggrin: