PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Quinton Coples interview

Blacksheep71
04-17-2012, 04:41 PM
http://www.walterfootball.com/draftinterview_quintoncoples.php

I still think he could be in the mix due the versatility he could bring to our defense.

A 4-3 DE
A 4-3 DT
A 3-4 DE
A 3-4 OLB

alnilla
04-17-2012, 04:57 PM
The more positions a player can play the better. I just hope we dont go OT first pick anything else would be better.

CleveSteve
04-17-2012, 05:03 PM
The more positions a player can play the better. I just hope we dont go OT first pick anything else would be better.

QB? RB? OG? C? DT? S? FB? K? P? LS? TE?

alnilla
04-17-2012, 05:05 PM
Using common sense QB is out of the question any other line position is good. A Kicker and punter?? seriously?

YardRat
04-17-2012, 05:10 PM
QB? RB? OG? C? DT? S? FB? K? P? LS? TE?

I'm guessing the two you left out...CB or WR.

TigerJ
04-17-2012, 08:13 PM
I don't really think he's going to be in the mix for the Bills. Yes, he's versatile, but his adaptability to the 3-4 is going to be a moot point for the Bills. The Bills have solid options already at defensive tackle, both starters and depth. I don't see him as a difference maker at the DT position compared with the people Buffalo already has. All he really brings is maybe a little better blend of run defense and pass defense in one player at the RDE spot than Buffalo has now. Mark Anderson's forte is clearly going to be his pass rushing ability, though he has improved as a run defender. Chris Kelsay is clearly a better run defender than pass rusher. Shawne Merriman can do both, but until he gets on the field and shows he can stay healthy, his ability to come back is going to be in question. Coples gives you the ability to rush the passer and defend against the run combined with durability. The thing is, I don't think that is a sufficiently compelling reason to draft him in the first round over some other positions.

ParanoidAndroid
04-17-2012, 08:50 PM
I see Anderson as a transitional player who will not be here for long. Add that Kelsay is past his prime and you have another set of reasons why DE is not out of the question. Coples would make a perfect companion to Mario Williams.
Coples' presence at #10 would be an easy one for a GM.

Lexwhat
04-17-2012, 08:52 PM
I'll put it simply:

There's gonna be a large turnover at the D-End position over the next few years. If the Bills think Coples is as good a player as his athletic ability suggests he could be, he's a no-brainer at #10 as the BPA (this is obviously Nix's decision -- I haven't seen him play so I can't say anything).

Mario Williams is the only DE we have that has his position set in stone, long-term.

baalworship
04-17-2012, 08:54 PM
Coples will be gone before we draft. He is the most talented pass-rusher in the draft and we know how valuable that can be.