PDA

View Full Version : game time decision

oldno711
04-18-2012, 07:57 AM
so we're heading up to buff-a-lo for one game this year, and i can't decide between these three:

9.16 - home opener vs. the chefs
9.30 - pats
10.21 - titans

so which gets your vote, and why?

i've never been to a home opener...is there lots going on in/around town and the stadium? would it actually be a better atmosphere than the pats game? the wife has never been to buffalo so i want to show her a good time.

k-oneputt
04-18-2012, 07:58 AM
opener.

tampabay25690
04-18-2012, 07:59 AM
This is so easy...

OPENER, the Ralph is electric on the opening game. I have made the trip every year since my move to Tampa.
I never miss the opener...

better days
04-18-2012, 08:02 AM
Yeah I agree, if possible go to the opener. You will have a GREAT time. You would have a great time at any game, but the opener is SPECIAL.

stuckincincy
04-18-2012, 08:06 AM
Opener.

Pinkerton Security
04-18-2012, 08:09 AM
i can only usually get to 1 game and its definitely gonna be the opener for me this year.

THATHURMANATOR
04-18-2012, 08:11 AM
Opener for sure.
Then Pats game.

Don't bother with the Tennesee game.

alnilla
04-18-2012, 08:13 AM
Opener you bet your ass there will be a flyover too.

oldno711
04-18-2012, 08:14 AM
wow...this somewhat surprises me. i was thinking the bills-pats game would provide the most lively/special atmosphere, but it's sounding like the opener is the place to be (even if it's against the chefs...great googly moogly...).

so, aside from the atmosphere in the stadium (which i'm sure would also be electric vs. NE) is there other stuff going on in/around town and the stadium?

stuckincincy
04-18-2012, 08:40 AM
wow...this somewhat surprises me. i was thinking the bills-pats game would provide the most lively/special atmosphere, but it's sounding like the opener is the place to be (even if it's against the chefs...great googly moogly...).

so, aside from the atmosphere in the stadium (which i'm sure would also be electric vs. NE) is there other stuff going on in/around town and the stadium?

Well - KC is an old adversary, with a great following (IIRC, Arrowhead has the record for consecutive sell-outs). Older fans remember Hank Stram, Mike Garrett, Buck Buchannon, Willie Lanier, Johnny Robinson, Len Dawson, Emmitt Thomas, Jan Stenerud, etc.

Finished 1st in the AFC West in '10, had an outside chance of getting into the playoffs last season. Owned for years since the AFL days by Ralph's fellow HOF member, the late Lamar Hunt.

It should be a decent game.

THATHURMANATOR
04-18-2012, 08:46 AM

Oh it will too but the Opener is always great.

Both will be good to go to.

Skooby
04-18-2012, 09:02 AM
Why not go to all 3?

justasportsfan
04-18-2012, 09:33 AM
don't bother with the titans game. We'll be resting our starters by then for the playoffs :tip:

BillyT92679
04-18-2012, 11:35 AM
to be frank though the electricity of the home opener is impacted by how the season opener went
if the Bills beat the Jets, the home opener will be crazy
If not it will be more subdued. I went to the Bucs home opener three years ago after McKelvin's fumble and it was like a church in there

I think the Pats is the guaranteed big game. Primetime vs Miami will be exciting too

Mski
04-18-2012, 11:43 AM
Opener is definately the one to go to if you can only choose one

Historian
04-18-2012, 11:44 AM
Titans.

The leaves should be at their peak.

You'll only get nosebleeds for the opener, if that.

SquishDaFish
04-18-2012, 11:54 AM
Im picking 3 games to go to myself with my new seasons and going to sell the others. Im thinking Miami and the Jets and im trying to decide myself between Opener and Pats.

So its either...
Opener,Miami,Jets
Or
Opener,NE,Miami
OR
NE,Miami,Jets

HAMMER
04-18-2012, 12:22 PM
Opener you bet your ass there will be a flyover too.

Flyovers at the Ralph are pretty lame. Usually some big transport plane from the 50's.

HAMMER
04-18-2012, 12:25 PM
Titans.

The leaves should be at their peak.

You'll only get nosebleeds for the opener, if that.

There will be plenty of club seats for the opener if you want to spend a little more money.

As Historian said, Oct. 21st will be perfect if the weather cooperates. Second choice for me would be Pats, which is my likely trip this year as well as Phx and/or San Fran.

stuckincincy
04-18-2012, 12:49 PM
Flyovers at the Ralph are pretty lame. Usually some big transport plane from the 50's.

Knowing NYS proclivities, in the past they probably tried to claim the aviators did work in the state and wanted to tax them. :pimped:

oldno711
04-18-2012, 12:57 PM
Im picking 3 games to go to myself with my new seasons and going to sell the others. Im thinking Miami and the Jets and im trying to decide myself between Opener and Pats.

So its either...
Opener,Miami,Jets
Or
Opener,NE,Miami
OR
NE,Miami,Jets

where are your seats? i could buy the game tickets from you for the game you decide against (opener or pats)...

PTI
04-18-2012, 04:01 PM
Chiefs game, the excitement is high, the other two games they have no chance at winning either.

SquishDaFish
04-18-2012, 04:05 PM
Chiefs game, the excitement is high, the other two games they have no chance at winning either.

No chance at beating the Wastriots?? Really?? We beat them last year or did you forget that?? Your negativity is starting to get on my ****ing nerves. You need to chill the **** out or get the **** out

PTI
04-18-2012, 04:43 PM
No chance at beating the Wastriots?? Really?? We beat them last year or did you forget that?? Your negativity is starting to get on my ****ing nerves. You need to chill the **** out or get the **** out

I went to that game. It was fun. ALmost left at halftime had Brady not thrown a late pick, it was about to be 28-0 from Fitz playing like a load of dog crap and handing the Patriots the ball with 2 first half INTs.

Brady has 6 games in his career with 4 INTs. The Patriots with Brady at QB have had 4 INTs twice. Guess what? Bills won those 2 games, those are the only 2 games the Bills beat the Patriots. Brady is 18-2 against the Bills. I live in reality, and understand the Bills have no chance to win unless the Patriots make a large amount of mistakes at QB, and the likelihood of that happening is not very good. That is why I count both games versus the Patriots as losses, and most smart people would.

stuckincincy
04-18-2012, 04:48 PM
I went to that game. It was fun. ALmost left at halftime had Brady not thrown a late pick, it was about to be 28-0 from Fitz playing like a load of dog crap and handing the Patriots the ball with 2 first half INTs.

Brady has 6 games in his career with 4 INTs. The Patriots with Brady at QB have had 4 INTs twice. Guess what? Bills won those 2 games, those are the only 2 games the Bills beat the Patriots. Brady is 18-2 against the Bills. I live in reality, and understand the Bills have no chance to win unless the Patriots make a large amount of mistakes at QB, and the likelihood of that happening is not very good. That is why I count both games versus the Patriots as losses, and most smart people would.

Jeeze - what can we ever do? I read your posts, and it seems we can never, ever win. Stop watching them, stop caring about them, if that's what you think.

How about clinging to some hope? - slim as it may be, my friend.

BuffaloBillsStampede
04-18-2012, 05:34 PM
Home opener is your safest bet, but I dare say that they get off to a hot start again and go into the Pats game undefeated with the division lead on the line it will be far more electric than the Chiefs game.

oldno711
04-19-2012, 08:37 AM
thanks all for the feedback!

pats game it is. ...b/c i BILLieve both teams will be 3-0!

i'm usually pretty reserved when it comes to season outlooks, but i have a feeling the next couple of years will be special. and a home win against a division rival and perennial playoff powerhouse will be a great way to start super mario's career in buff-a-lo!!!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

SquishDaFish
04-19-2012, 08:44 AM

IF this IF that. If the ball was round it was travel different. They play the game for a reason. So our DBs had no hand in any of those INTs huh. There is no defense on the field in your world. Its all Bradys mistakes. Bla Bla Bla STFU already and go root for another team. Im sick and fn tired of reading your crap negative anti-Bills posts. Pathetic

better days
04-19-2012, 08:52 AM
thanks all for the feedback!

pats game it is. ...b/c i BILLieve both teams will be 3-0!

i'm usually pretty reserved when it comes to season outlooks, but i have a feeling the next couple of years will be special. and a home win against a division rival and perennial playoff powerhouse will be a great way to start super mario's career in buff-a-lo!!!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Have a great time watching Mario put the pressure on Brady, it should be a great game to go to, but Mario will start his career with the Bills in NY against the Jets & in Buffalo when the Bills open against KC.

oldno711
04-19-2012, 09:12 AM
Have a great time watching Mario put the pressure on Brady, it should be a great game to go to, but Mario will start his career with the Bills in NY against the Jets & in Buffalo when the Bills open against KC.

right...sorry, i wasn't speaking literally.

it obviously won't be his first game, but chasing brady around the field will make for a memorable start to his career here.