PDA

View Full Version : Bills Release Official 30 Visitors

methos4ever
04-18-2012, 08:21 AM
Here’s the full pre-draft visit list for the Bills including today’s visitors, LB Luke Kuechly and QB Brock Osweiler.

WR Justin Blackmon – Oklahoma State
OL James Brown – Troy
DE Vinny Curry – Marshall
DE Olivier Vernon – Miami
CB Morris Claiborne – LSU
QB Kirk Cousins – Michigan St.
OL Cordy Glenn – Georgia
OLB/DE Bruce Irvin – West Virginia
LB Dont’a Hightower – Alabama
OT Jonathan Martin – Stanford
S De’Quan Menzie – Alabama
DE/OLB Whitney Mercilus – Illinois
WR Brian Quick – Appalachian St.
OT Matt Kalil – USC
CB Dre’ Kirkpatrick – Alabama
LB Tank Carder – TCU
OT Mike Adams – Ohio State
DE Chandler Jones – Syracuse
RB Trent Richardson – Alabama
QB Russell Wilson – Wisconsin
S Mark Barron – Alabama
DE/OLB Shea McClellin – Boise St.
CB Josh Robinson – Central Florida
DT Fletcher Cox – Mississippi St.
CB Stephon Gilmore – South Carolina
QB Ryan Tannehill – Texas A&M
DE/OLB Melvin Ingram – South Carolina
CB Jamell Fleming – Oklahoma
LB Luke Kuechly – Boston College
QB Brock Osweiler – Arizona State

Pinkerton Security
04-18-2012, 08:22 AM
this may have been discussed in other threads but is there any correlation between past visitors and picks the Bills made?

methos4ever
04-18-2012, 08:26 AM
this may have been discussed in other threads but is there any correlation between past visitors and picks the Bills made?
5 of the top six picks (1st-3rd round) last two years were scheduled* (CJ-Troup-Dareus-Williams-Sheppard)

*CJ was scheduled but wound up not coming.

Carrington wasn't a visit.

DraftBoy
04-18-2012, 08:27 AM
Interesting...Andre Branch had been a confirmed visitor by the Buffalo News.

In the end I had 27 of 30 right, two of the six unconfirmed players ended up being false.

better days
04-18-2012, 08:30 AM
I see just a couple names on the list that are highly doubtful to the Bills because they will most likely be gone when the Bills pick, Kalil & Clayborne.

Pinkerton Security
04-18-2012, 08:31 AM
5 of the top six picks (1st-3rd round) last two years were scheduled* (CJ-Troup-Dareus-Williams-Sheppard)

Hm so no Floyd, no Reiff..

we are
04-18-2012, 08:33 AM

I don't think thats true...I remember CJ saying Buffalo was the first place he visited when we drafted him

methos4ever
04-18-2012, 08:37 AM
I don't think thats true...I remember CJ saying Buffalo was the first place he visited when we drafted him
In reading, I've seen a number of conflicting things - including WGR's Joe Buscaglia who just repeated that stat on radio. If that's the case - 5 of 6 did in fact visit. I just put the scheduled as a qualifier in case someone threw out "CJ didn't visit".

Philagape
04-18-2012, 09:10 AM
Position breakdown at a glance:
7 DE/OLB
5 OT
5 CB
4 QB
3 ILB
2 WR
2 S
1 RB
1 DT

DraftBoy
04-18-2012, 09:20 AM
Some notes and combine numbers on all three of the additional visitors;
http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2012/04/bills-release-30-official-visitors/

Extremebillsfan247
04-18-2012, 09:32 AM
Interesting that 5 of those visitors all came from Alabama. Even though I have debated against it on here, it appears now, that some who thought Kirkpatrick could be the pick at 10 may actually be right. I still think Jonathan Martin has a pretty good chance, but Kirkpatrick is definitely a possibility. I wasn't so sure about that as late as a week ago.

Note: I've heard that the Eagles are very interested in Fletcher Cox and may be willing to trade up to get him. I'm not sure if its true, but the Eagles and Bills do have some trade history. If Cox is there at 10, it may be worth keeping an eye on as a trade down possibility. JMO

DraftBoy
04-18-2012, 09:47 AM
Two very important things to note/consider;

1-These are official visitors, and official visit means no workout. When you work a prospect out that means that you have gone to his school and that's often unreported and doesn't count towards your 30 total.

2-Why did the Bills release this? I mean that with the draft being as secretive a process as it is with teams sending out smokescreens daily, why release these names? Could it mean something? Could it be designed to mean sonething different all together? Something doesn't smell right about the Bills just up and releasing all these names.

Pinkerton Security
04-18-2012, 09:49 AM

1-These are official visitors, and official visit means no workout. When you work a prospect out that means that you have gone to his school and that's often unreported and doesn't count towards your 30 total.

2-Why did the Bills release this? I mean that with the draft being as secretive a process as it is with teams sending out smokescreens daily, why release these names? Could it mean something? Could it be designed to mean sonething different all together? Something doesn't smell right about the Bills just up and releasing all these names.

did they ever release them in the past?

DraftBoy
04-18-2012, 09:49 AM
did they ever release them in the past?

Not that Im aware of. At least not pre-draft.

stuckincincy
04-18-2012, 10:01 AM

2-Why did the Bills release this? I mean that with the draft being as secretive a process as it is with teams sending out smokescreens daily, why release these names? Could it mean something? Could it be designed to mean something different all together? Something doesn't smell right about the Bills just up and releasing all these names.

Beats me. I can't say I gave much attention to visits, in the past. Perhaps it's just a case of "folks find out anyway, so...". So many sources of leakage out there - certainly agents who shop their clients around.

baalworship
04-18-2012, 10:08 AM
Bills probably did invite a few people they weren't really considering and figured why not release list of real targets + smokescreens. It's not like anyone really knows what is going on.

We are all still guessing even after this list is public.

Ed
04-18-2012, 10:26 AM
I don't really see any reason not to release it. It's not like they can keep these things a secret anyway.

jdbillsfan
04-18-2012, 11:31 AM
My projections may be a little off, but based on this list and the Bills picking 5 of 6 of their visitors last year, who would you take in each round not including the first 4.

-- Highlighted my picks

Round 1
WR Justin Blackmon – Oklahoma State
RB Trent Richardson – Alabama
CB Morris Claiborne – LSU
OT Matt Kalil – USC

OL Cordy Glenn – Georgia
LB Dont’a Hightower – Alabama
OT Jonathan Martin – Stanford
CB Dre’ Kirkpatrick – Alabama
LB Luke Kuechly – Boston College
DE/OLB Melvin Ingram – South Carolina
S Mark Barron – Alabama
DT Fletcher Cox – Mississippi St.
CB Stephon Gilmore – South Carolina
QB Ryan Tannehill – Texas A&M
OT Mike Adams – Ohio State

Round 2
DE/OLB Whitney Mercilus – Illinois
WR Brian Quick – Appalachian St.
DE Chandler Jones – Syracuse
DE/OLB Shea McClellin – Boise St.
CB Josh Robinson – Central Florida
DE Vinny Curry – Marshall

Round 3
OL James Brown – Troy
QB Brock Osweiler – Arizona State
OLB/DE Bruce Irvin – West Virginia
CB Jamell Fleming – Oklahoma

Round 4
QB Kirk Cousins – Michigan St
LB Tank Carder – TCU
QB Russell Wilson – Wisconsin

Round 5
DE Olivier Vernon – Miami
S De’Quan Menzie – Alabama

Maximilli
04-18-2012, 11:54 AM
so who on this list would u draft

X-Era
04-18-2012, 12:25 PM
Not that Im aware of. At least not pre-draft.I don't remember them doing this before either... interesting.

stuckincincy
04-18-2012, 12:36 PM
[QUOTE=jdbillsfan]My projections may be a little off, but based on this list and the Bills picking 5 of 6 of their visitors last year, who would you take in each round not including the first 4.

-- Highlighted my picks...

I have trouble going past rd1 - been surprised through the years!

Poster DraftBoy mentioned words about DT Cox - which got me thinking about Kyle Wms's health.

soapman
04-18-2012, 02:12 PM
The absence of Floyd is interesting, as well as Reiff. The two that most mocks have us taking.

YardRat
04-18-2012, 08:17 PM
Not that Im aware of. At least not pre-draft.
They had a former GM on GR55 this morning, and according to him the lists have always been released in full to everybody else in the league prior to the draft, but he didn't mention anything I heard about release to the general public.

He also claimed to use the visits as a game some years...bring in a bunch of guys you have no plan on drafting, then save the guys he was interested in for workouts (as you stated here..."When you work a prospect out that means that you have gone to his school and that's often unreported and doesn't count towards your 30 total.") because they didn't have to be reported.