• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Eagles want to deal Samuel before draft

Eagles have been shopping CB Asante Samuel in recent days, according to NFL sources around league. Eagles looking to make trade before draft. -Schefter

This is a deal I'd like to see us make. Philly has been desperate to move him for a while, we could fill a position of need and probably do so at a fair cost.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• Pinkerton Security
    Pinkerton's son
    • Feb 2006

Re: Eagles want to deal Samuel before draft

hes talented but a maaaaaaaaaaajor headcase, very much a me-first player.

Comment

• better days
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by King Bedard
      Eagles have been shopping CB Asante Samuel in recent days, according to NFL sources around league. Eagles looking to make trade before draft. -Schefter

This is a deal I'd like to see us make. Philly has been desperate to move him for a while, we could fill a position of need and probably do so at a fair cost.
      I'd do it for a 5th rnd pick.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
        Skoobasaurus-Rex
        • Oct 2011

Yes please.

Comment

• better days
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown
          Yes please.
          As pinkdogg said, he is a headcase & me first type player. He also seems to prefer the Big City lights, not sure how he would like Buffalo. I would not give up anything substantial for him.

Comment

• Buddo
            • Mar 2007

He's a good CB and would represent an upgrade. Thing is, I'm not sure he actually is really a guy we can't live without.
            We do need more CBs, but there's a draft full of decent ones, and Samuel isn't getting any younger. Rogers looks like he can play, and Williams definitely can, so if we find another good one in this draft to bring on, and McGee and Florence stay healthy, I don't think it's the best move going forward..
            I'd also be wary of Samuel's lack of game discipline. While he might be a playmaker, I'd be concerned that his risk taking to do so, could cost us along the way. I'm not convinced the amount of good decisions he makes on the field, outweighs the chances he takes.

Comment

• The King
              Without me it's just Awe so
              • Jun 2004

Its McGees health that makes me think we need to make the move. The guy simply can't stay healthy and to be able to fill that void, with a veteran for a season or two, is a solid move IMO.
              I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
              "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
              You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
              It was all
              true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
              He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
              mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• methos4ever
                • Apr 2004

Its McGees health that makes me think we need to make the move. The guy simply can't stay healthy and to be able to fill that void, with a veteran for a season or two, is a solid move IMO.
                Even for a 5th, he has a 10.5 million cap hit this year. No thanks.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                  Skoobasaurus-Rex
                  • Oct 2011

This is exactly why we could use Samuel, he'd be healthy & on the field (unlike McGee).

Comment

• ThunderGun
                    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by methos4ever
                    Even for a 5th, he has a 10.5 million cap hit this year. No thanks.
                    Stop using logic please.

I've heard of him before. Therefore, we must trade for him.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                      Pinkerton's son
                      • Feb 2006

i mean if we can get him for less than 4th, id be all for it, just dont wanna give up much for a guy who will certainly not be sticking around longer than he needs to.

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
                        • Sep 2008

If the Bills were that hard up for a CB, drafting Kirkpatrick, or Gilmore would make more sense than trading for Samuel in my opinion precisely because of his age. I'm not sure how much your going to get out of him assuming he would even want to be here. We already have Aaron Williams, but I'd prefer youth to an aging veteran CB with a bad reputation to pair with him.

Comment

• Raptor
                          • Jan 2009

Pass all the way

We are good on the 30+ year CB's who are on the decline we don't need another

Comment

• clumping platelets

No thanks

Comment

• Night Train
                              Retired - On Several Levels
                              • Jul 2005

We can draft 2-3 CB's next weekend.

Agreed our starters will be replaced soon. Williams & Rogers are a good start. Bring on more. Just no more large $$ guys past their prime.
                              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

Working...
                              X