• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blackonyx89
    HI I AM A FREAKING LIONS FAN
    • Mar 2005

Breaking down Bills schedule.

I checked out the schedule and I see it as a very favorable, especially the back end of all those home games. YES! Anyway let's say the Bills need to go at least 5 and 3 in the first 8 games and at least 4 and 4 to possibly make the playoffs. Obvious tie breakers head to head etc. etc. The major key is to win as many home games as possible to help better their chances. What do you think? How do you see it and break it down your way and discuss!
    Last edited by blackonyx89; 04-18-2012, 10:13 AM.
    Let's Go Bills, make it happen!!!
  • k-oneputt
    • Jun 2009

Re: Breaking down Bills schedule.

If they go 4-4 in the first eight I then think they will make the play-offs.

Barring injury issues of course.

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by k-oneputt
      If they go 4-4 in the first eight I then think they will make the play-offs.

Barring injury issues of course.
      Agreed . If they can just keep around .500 by the bye, they have some rebuilding teams all over the schedule in the 2nd half.

The Bills biggest opponent is injuries.
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
        Pinkerton's son
        • Feb 2006

Everything hinges on Fitz, IMO. The only way I see another more important factor is if our D makes huge strides and becomes a top 5 defensive unit, that way Fitz need only be a game manager, rather than last year when he was forced to get into shootouts that obviously ended up in mixed results. If Fitz can become more consistent and our D can make its way closer to the top half of defensive rankings, I see us as a contender to make the playoffs.

Comment

• Ed
          Dude
          • Sep 2002

I think it's really odd that we only have one home game in October and one in November. You would think they could do a little bit better job balancing it, but if it ends up working out as an advantage come December then whatever.

It's too hard to predict at this point if the schedule is favorable or not. You just don't know what injuries and other issues teams are going to have when we face them. Last year everyone had the NE and Philly games marked down as losses in ink and the Cincy game as a likely win.

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

use for reference

1 BUF @ NYJ
            2 KC @ BUF
            3 BUF @ CLE
            4 NE @ BUF
            5 BUF @ SF
            6 BUF @ ARI
            7 TEN @ BUF

8 BYE

9 BUF @ HOU
            10 BUF @ NE
            11 MIA @ BUF
            12 BUF @ IND
            13 JAC @ BUF
            14 STL @ BUF
            15 SEA @ BUF
            16 BUF @ MIA
            17 NYJ @ BUF
            Last edited by justasportsfan; 04-18-2012, 10:38 AM.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• vanbillsfan
              • Jan 2010

how they do in division games matters the most. if we go 1-5 like we did last year, then there's no chance of playoffs. let's see if we can finally go 3-3 or 4-2 in the division, at that point we have a good shot.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                • Dec 2003

I hate this schedule. As a slow start could kill our playoff chances. I think Week 1 is a MUST win and then the back to back weeks against the Patriots and 49ers worries me a lot. I'm even upset about the BYE Week. As rather have it around week 9 or 10. The key stretch to the season to me are weeks 7, 9, 10 and 11 where we have to win three of the four to think the playoffs as a realistic oppurtunity again as long as we win Week 1 and three of our first six games and at least split our division games.
                Last edited by The Jokeman; 04-18-2012, 12:38 PM.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                  Making Spirits Bright
                  • Mar 2006

1 BUF @ NYJ LOSS
                  2 KC @ BUF WIN
                  3 BUF @ CLE WIN
                  4 NE @ BUF LOSS
                  5 BUF @ SF LOSS
                  6 BUF @ ARI WIN
                  7 TEN @ BUF WIN

8 BYE

9 BUF @ HOU WIN
                  10 BUF @ NE LOSS
                  11 MIA @ BUF WIN
                  12 BUF @ IND WIN
                  13 JAC @ BUF WIN
                  14 STL @ BUF WIN
                  15 SEA @ BUF WIN
                  16 BUF @ MIA LOSS
                  17 NYJ @ BUF WIN

11-5

...seems legit.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                    Sab and TD are insignificant
                    • Sep 2002

We r sweeping all the teams in our division this year and getting the number one playoff seed.
                    www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• McBFLO
                      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by ublinkwescore
                      We r sweeping all the teams in our division this year and getting the number one playoff seed.
                      Damn, how fun would that be?!
                      Infrequent poster, daily visitor.

Eternal optimist.

Follow me on twitter @CoreyMc81

Comment

• mjt328
                        • May 2011

1 BUF @ NYJ - Loss
                        I think the Bills gained on (and possibly passed up) the Jets in the offseason, but I'm still going to mark them as splitting the series.

2 KC @ BUF - Win
                        We trashed them last year in Kansas City. Dont' see any reason we won't do it again in the home opener.

3 BUF @ CLE - Win
                        The Browns are one of the worst teams in the NFL. We have to win this one.

4 NE @ BUF - Loss
                        It was great breaking the streak last year, but I'm not so sure they are ready to pull this upset off on a regular basis.

5 BUF @ SF - Loss
                        Assuming last year wasn't a fluke, the 49ers are probably a Super Bowl candidate.

6 BUF @ ARI - Win
                        Toss up. The Cardinals were 8-8 last year, but I think their talent is much lower than that. If the Bills are as improved as I think, this should be a win.

7 TEN @ BUF - Win
                        Another toss up. The Titans were 9-7 and almost a wild card team last year. Like the Cardinals, I don't think they are that good. They are beatable in Buffalo.

8 BYE

9 BUF @ HOU - Loss
                        Houston is a very good team and will probably win that division again. They have lost a lot of talent though, so I wouldn't be surprised with a drop off.

10 BUF @ NE - Loss
                        See above.

11 MIA @ BUF - Win
                        The Dolphins have switched places with the Bills and will be the cellar dweller of the AFC East for years to come.

12 BUF @ IND - Win
                        Indy gutted its roster and is starting over. No matter how talented Luck is, he's still a rookie at this point.

13 JAC @ BUF - Win
                        I wouldn't be surprised if the Jags compete for the #1 pick this year. We take this in Buffalo.

14 STL @ BUF - Win
                        The Rams are not as bad as they played last year. But they are still a young team with lots of holes. I think we should win this at home.

15 SEA @ BUF - Win
                        Another mediocre team we get at home. No reason we can't win this one.

16 BUF @ MIA - Win
                        See above

17 NYJ @ BUF - Win
                        See above

Adding that up, I think 10-6 or 11-5 (and the playoffs) is very attainable.
                        At the very worst, we are probably talking 8-8 or 9-7.

Like other posters said, the last seven games are VERY FAVORABLE. We play a lot of bottom-feeder teams and mediocre squads at home. Even if we start with a poor record, we could still recover and make the playoffs with double-digit wins.

The beginning of the schedule isn't so bad, as much as it will be a TEST. How much has this team really improved?
                        Have we surpassed the Jets as the #2 team in the AFC East?
                        Can we hang with contenders like the Patriots and 49ers, or will be get blown out?
                        Will we take care of business on the road, against middle of the road teams like Arizona and Tennessee?
                        Last edited by mjt328; 04-18-2012, 10:10 PM.
                        2013 "My Should Have" Draft
                        Posted During the 2013 Draft
                        1 - (16): Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
                        2 - (41): Robert Woods, WR, USC
                        2 - (46): Arthur Brown, LB, Kansas State
                        3 - (78): Quinton Patton, WR, Louisiana Tech
                        4 - (105): Barrett Jones, OG, Alabama
                        5 - (143): Brandon Jenkins, LB, Florida State
                        6 - (177): Da'Rick Rogers, WR, Tennessee Tech
                        7 - (222): Tyler Bray, QB, Tennessee

2013 Buddy Nix Draft
                        1 - (16): E.J. Manuel, QB, Florida State
                        2 - (41): Robert Woods, WR, USC
                        2 - (46): Kiko Alonso, LB, Oregon
                        3 - (78): Marquise Goodwin, WR, Texas
                        4 - (105): Duke Williams, FS, Nevada
                        5 - (143): Jonathan Meeks, SS, Clemson
                        6 - (177): Dustin Hopkins, K, Florida State
                        7 - (222): Chris Gragg, TE, Arkansas

Comment

• jamze132
                          Don’t hate…
                          • Jun 2003

I think it all comes down to injuries. If we lose Mario Williams or Eric Wood or even Fitz, we're ****ed.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by mjt328
                            1 BUF @ NYJ - Loss
                            I think the Bills gained on (and possibly passed up) the Jets in the offseason, but I'm still going to mark them as splitting the series.
                            There are always surprises but I agree with you for the most part on paper, injury not withstanding.

I do feel strongly about the 1st game at Jets that the Bills can pull of an upset - believe me the Bills will be underdog for that game. Under Ryan, the Jets have been slow starting a season, and was lucky to get their opener win last year. They are changing the offense with Sparano; may take a little longer to get into a groove. On the other hand, Gailey is known for coming up something new every year and he should know what he got in terms of offensive weapons very well now. The biggest change is the Bills D under Wannstedt and a new scheme. You can argue the same way that it will take the Bills D a little longer to get into a groove, but generally speaking, it's easier to try a new defense than a new offense. Besides, Wannstedt's D relies more on talent than scheme and the Bills' D talent is improving every year under Nix/Gailey so far. Also worthnoting, Wannstedt was not just walking into the Bills this spring; he was on Bills staff for a whole year.

In terms of matchups, the Jets offense relies heavily on their strength of O-line, unlike the decision and play-making ability of Brady of the Pats. The major improvement of the Bills D-line on paper is the best counter-move to neutralize their strength.

Believe it or not, I actually fear the unknown of Tebow the Jets WILL throw at the Bills in that game. It's one thing to prepare for Tebow as the main target at home. It's entirely another matter to face him as a changeup in his house.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

I don't think the Pats will sweep a healthy bills. We almost swept them with our crappy D last year. At worst, I think we go 3-3 in the division.
                              Last edited by justasportsfan; 04-19-2012, 01:13 PM.
                              sacrifice1
                              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                              X