PDA

View Full Version : Sketching Out A Top 10

DraftBoy
04-18-2012, 11:28 AM
So I do this multiple times a day because I have a disease and this is how I kill time during my day. Sadly I actually have a notepad and pen next to my bed that is basically filled with draft stuff and things like this. Anyways on to my point...

I was doing this today and I think the lynchpin selection is going to be St. Louis at 6. They've moved back already, they have lots of holes to fill, but nobody really knows what they are thinking yet.

Here's what I had;

1. IND-Luck
2. WAS-RGIII
3. MIN-Kalil
4. CLE-Richardson
5. TB-Claiborne
6. STL-
7. JAX-Blackmon
8. MIA-Tannehill
9. CAR-Coples
10. BUF-Floyd

Now the name I keep hearing is potentiall Fletcher Cox that high but Im not sure...if they go with Cox I really like the way that Top Ten stands as of today. I dont buy the Kalil noise as of right now.

ZAZusmc03
04-18-2012, 11:29 AM
I would love it if Floyd made it to us, I just don't see it happening.

Ed
04-18-2012, 11:34 AM
I think a key factor that could really shake things up is if Cleveland is targeting Tannehill.

I also think there will be a trade or 2 that will change things, so it's hard to project the top 10 right now.

better days
04-18-2012, 11:35 AM
So I do this multiple times a day because I have a disease and this is how I kill time during my day. Sadly I actually have a notepad and pen next to my bed that is basically filled with draft stuff and things like this. Anyways on to my point...

I was doing this today and I think the lynchpin selection is going to be St. Louis at 6. They've moved back already, they have lots of holes to fill, but nobody really knows what they are thinking yet.

Here's what I had;

1. IND-Luck
2. WAS-RGIII
3. MIN-Kalil
4. CLE-Richardson
5. TB-Claiborne
6. STL-
7. JAX-Blackmon
8. MIA-Tannehill
9. CAR-Coples
10. BUF-Floyd

Now the name I keep hearing is potentiall Fletcher Cox that high but Im not sure...if they go with Cox I really like the way that Top Ten stands as of today. I dont buy the Kalil noise as of right now.

Good luck with your disease, keep up the good fight. I am overcoming throat Cancer myself so I have an idea what you are going through.

stuckincincy
04-18-2012, 11:36 AM

Here's what I had;

1. IND-Luck
2. WAS-RGIII
3. MIN-Kalil
4. CLE-Richardson
5. TB-Claiborne
6. STL-
7. JAX-Blackmon
8. MIA-Tannehill
9. CAR-Coples
10. BUF-Floyd

Cox...who knows if K. Wms. will recover? If conventional wisdom rings true - you don't pass on an early good DT prospect - same said for LT and DE, of course.

MTBillsFan
04-18-2012, 11:37 AM
Is it crazy to think that the Bills go with DeCastro at #10 and move Levitre to LT?

DraftBoy
04-18-2012, 11:37 AM
Is it crazy to think that the Bills go with DeCastro at #10 and move Levitre to LT?

I think they've used Levitre before at OT and the results weren't very good, so I doubt that occurs.

CleveSteve
04-18-2012, 12:35 PM
Looks like you're just trying to make Floyd fall to 10.

Why wouldn't a team desperate for WR help take the top WR at 6?

Blackmon 6
Floyd 7

stuckincincy
04-18-2012, 12:39 PM
Looks like you're just trying to make Floyd fall to 10.

Why wouldn't a team desperate for WR help take the top WR at 6?

Blackmon 6
Floyd 7

Well...THEY say this is a decent WR draft. My favorite is Rutger's Sanu in the mid 1st.

The Jokeman
04-18-2012, 12:52 PM
Well...THEY say this is a decent WR draft. My favorite is Rutger's Sanu in the mid 1st.
Sanu's lack of speed a thing to be concerned with. Though if he was there in Round 2 he'd be a guy would put at the end of my list. That said the Vikings take Kalil and Browns take Richardson I think there's a good chance Floyd will be there. Leaving us to decide between Floyd and Reiff. Personally I go Reiff as really think we can find a quality #2 WR after Round 1 but not so much a quality LT. Guys in Round 2 at WR I like are Stephen Hill or Randle or Jeffery. If wait for Round 3 Marvin Jones or Brian Quick or AJ Jenkins could be there.

stuckincincy
04-18-2012, 12:59 PM
Sanu's lack of speed a thing to be concerned with. Though if he was there in Round 2 he'd be a guy would put at the end of my list. That said the Vikings take Kalil and Browns take Richardson I think there's a good chance Floyd will be there. Leaving us to decide between Floyd and Reiff. Personally I go Reiff as really think we can find a quality #2 WR after Round 1 but not so much a quality LT. Guys in Round 2 at WR I like are Stephen Hill or Randle or Jeffery. If wait for Round 3 Marvin Jones or Brian Quick or AJ Jenkins could be there.

There's a lot to like about Sanu. I don't quibble about two tenths of a second in a staged 40 yard dash. I like him for CIN across from A.J. Green.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1664646/mohamed-sanu

ddaryl
04-18-2012, 01:02 PM
So I do this multiple times a day because I have a disease and this is how I kill time during my day. Sadly I actually have a notepad and pen next to my bed that is basically filled with draft stuff and things like this. Anyways on to my point....
We all have hobbies and passions.. Your's does no harm to others, and your arguments and debates for the most part never take on an ugly side. We all get drawn in to a bad comment or 2 but for the most part your hard work and passion is utilized an appreciated by most here.

I love the Bills/Sabres, love the drafts and hanging on the news and rumors, but that were my passion ends, and yours goes to the next level. But because of people like you I don;t have to do all that extra work.. I just ride the coat tails of the diseased. :biggrin:

I would have no issues with about 6 different scenarios at #10... It wil come down to who falls.. Floyd at #10 makes lots of sense for this team, as does a CB, LB, OT....

The Jokeman
04-18-2012, 01:03 PM
There's a lot to like about Sanu. I don't quibble about two tenths of a second in a staged 40 yard dash.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1664646/mohamed-sanu
It's just his draft stock has fallen since things started. He isn't a bad pick just not the top of my list for guys in Round 2 is all especially since we pick at the high end of Round 2. If we were in the mid to late area then yeah he warrants a pick there.

ServoBillieves
04-18-2012, 01:05 PM

If he would drop to the 2nd, he's my #1 want for the 2nd round.

stuckincincy
04-18-2012, 01:24 PM
It's just his draft stock has fallen since things started. He isn't a bad pick just not the top of my list for guys in Round 2 is all especially since we pick at the high end of Round 2. If we were in the mid to late area then yeah he warrants a pick there.

He's certainly a better pick for CIN than BUF. And they have the luxury of two #1 picks thanks to the Palmer trade. If they happen to have their peepers on him - that's just my opinion - dealing down from #21 is a feasible thing for them. I'd be really surprised if CIN didn't opt for CB Kirkpatrick at #17 if he's there. The local wizards here have doubts about Hall being ready come season start - and he didn't impress me before his injury last year..

BUF would like a #2 receiver, but unless they want to continue with that 3 step quick offense and hope, they ought to be seriously evaluating the OL market. There's never a guarantee - Kalil could be a bum - but I hope they give it a try at #10.

I really can't see BUF drafting Floyd if he falls. And I think he's not all that good.

The Jokeman
04-18-2012, 01:38 PM
He's certainly a better pick for CIN than BUF. And they have the luxury of two #1 picks thanks to the Palmer trade. If they happen to have their peepers on him - that's just my opinion - dealing down from #21 is a feasible thing for them. I'd be really surprised if CIN didn't opt for CB Kirkpatrick at #17 if he's there. The local wizards here have doubts about Hall being ready come season start - and he didn't impress me before his injury last year..

BUF would like a #2 receiver, but unless they want to continue with that 3 step quick offense and hope, they ought to be seriously evaluating the OL market. There's never a guarantee - Kalil could be a bum - but I hope they give it a try at #10.

I really can't see BUF drafting Floyd if he falls. And I think he's not all that good.
The Bengals better work on finding a DE and could also see them looking at CB. I'm not sure they need a WR as long as Simpson isn't suspended too long. As Green's a keeper and Shipley is back from injury this year giving Dalton some solid targets.

Extremebillsfan247
04-18-2012, 01:48 PM
Is it crazy to think that the Bills go with DeCastro at #10 and move Levitre to LT?It is crazy, that's not happening. Levitre is a guard. Putting him at LT full time will take him away from what he does best. That in turn weakens the Oline altogether whether you draft DeCastro or not. Unless DeCastro can play LT, he's not getting drafted by the Bills.

ThunderGun
04-18-2012, 01:53 PM

Cox wouldn't surprise me. The Rams do have a history of taking linemen early. Look at their last 5 drafts:

2011 - Robert Quinn (http://www.nfl.com/players/robertquinn/profile?id=QUI715221) DE
2010 - Sam Bradford (http://www.nfl.com/players/sambradford/profile?id=BRA101548) QB
2009 - Jason Smith (http://www.nfl.com/players/jasonsmith/profile?id=SMI390022) T
2008 - Chris Long (http://www.nfl.com/players/chrislong/profile?id=LON213256) DE
2007 - Adam Carriker (http://www.nfl.com/players/adamcarriker/profile?id=CAR485536) NT

That's 4 linemen in 5 years. 3 of which were on the DLine. They also took DT's in the first round in 2001 and 2003.

CleveSteve
04-18-2012, 01:57 PM
It is crazy, that's not happening. Levitre is a guard. Putting him at LT full time will take him away from what he does best. That in turn weakens the Oline altogether whether you draft DeCastro or not. Unless DeCastro can play LT, he's not getting drafted by the Bills.

I'm not even convinced he's the best OG in the draft... Glenn and B. Brooks have higher ceilings as their athleticism measures up with Decastro's and their size dwarfs him. Why not pick a guy who might be able to also play OT at a high level?

If you're thinking about drafting an OG, I think you'd do much better picking Kirkpatrick or Floyd at 10 and Brooks at 41 (even thought that's really high for him) than Decastro at 10 and whatever WR/CB is left at 41. I think Hill, Sanu, Jeffrey, K. Wright are all gone before 41. So are Kirkpatrick, Gilmore, Dennard. Substitute OTs for WR or CB as well. Decastro is just not a good pick IMO for the Bills.

jamze132
04-18-2012, 01:59 PM
Sadly I actually have a notepad and pen next to my bed that is basically filled with draft stuff and things like this.

I have a pad and pen next to my bed so I can quickly jot down new and interesting ways to pleasure myself.

Lone Stranger
04-18-2012, 02:07 PM
I just don't see the Bills taking Floyd at #10. Takes too long for a receiver to develop. I think it's going to be Kirkpatrick or Gilmore.

ThunderGun
04-18-2012, 02:09 PM
I have a pad and pen next to my bed so I can quickly jot down new and interesting ways to pleasure myself.

I LOL'ed

stuckincincy
04-18-2012, 02:20 PM
The Bengals better work on finding a DE and could also see them looking at CB. I'm not sure they need a WR as long as Simpson isn't suspended too long. As Green's a keeper and Shipley is back from injury this year giving Dalton some solid targets.

Well - they did spend FA $ on two (!) former #1s - Derrick Harvey and Jamaal Anderson. When Frostee Rucker and Jonathan Fanene left for CLE and NE respectively, the board here pretty much said a "so what?"

Geathers is ok, Michael Johnson is decent, and Carlos Dunlap is excellent barring him showing up in camp with an unhealthy knee. Peko, Atkins, Sims are good in the interior. I really don't see them being a big player in the DE sweepstakes early on.

The jury is still well, well out on Shipley's knee. I think the acrobatic Simpson is gone - he was 2nd in the league in drops given the number of snaps. And he of course faces suspension for buying his bulk box of puffers. His contract is over and there hasn't been a peep about retaining him. I think he's gone.

CIN is going to be a competitor with BUF for that #2 receiver. Other clubs too, I suppose.

EDIT 4/19: Re CIN DEs - Geathers and Johnson are in their last contract year - so you are right about selecting a DE - my guess would be day #2.

YardRat
04-18-2012, 08:04 PM
I'd be surprised if StL didn't go WR and chose Cox, but with Fischer there now you never know.

Extremebillsfan247
04-18-2012, 08:46 PM
I'm not even convinced he's the best OG in the draft... Glenn and B. Brooks have higher ceilings as their athleticism measures up with Decastro's and their size dwarfs him. Why not pick a guy who might be able to also play OT at a high level?

If you're thinking about drafting an OG, I think you'd do much better picking Kirkpatrick or Floyd at 10 and Brooks at 41 (even thought that's really high for him) than Decastro at 10 and whatever WR/CB is left at 41. I think Hill, Sanu, Jeffrey, K. Wright are all gone before 41. So are Kirkpatrick, Gilmore, Dennard. Substitute OTs for WR or CB as well. Decastro is just not a good pick IMO for the Bills. Oh, don't get me wrong, I do think DeCastro is a solid OL prospect. But, I just don't see the Bills drafting a guard at 10. So, in that aspect I totally agree with you.

DraftBoy
04-19-2012, 07:13 AM
I'd be surprised if StL didn't go WR and chose Cox, but with Fischer there now you never know.

Don't forget they have Damarrio Alexander there at 100% health right now and he was Blaine Gabbert's guy at Missouri.

TigerJ
04-19-2012, 07:55 AM
Cleveland at #4 is problematic. They certainly need a running back, and Richardson is pretty much a can't miss prospect at the position. Tannehill may be enticing though. I think he's a significant reach at #4, but he does have physical talent, and having been coached by Mike Sherman at Texas A&M, he'll have less difficulty transitioning into Mike Holmgren's plans in Cleveland. Colt McCoy's had a rough time of it in Cleveland, but a lot of that is due to the lack of talent around him. If I were Cleveland, I'd go with the safer pick of Richardson, but teams don't always do what the public thinks they should.

stuckincincy
04-19-2012, 08:01 AM
This is a remarkably civil thread - what's going on??? :biggrin:

CleveSteve
04-19-2012, 08:13 AM
Cleveland at #4 is problematic. They certainly need a running back, and Richardson is pretty much a can't miss prospect at the position. Tannehill may be enticing though. I think he's a significant reach at #4, but he does have physical talent, and having been coached by Mike Sherman at Texas A&M, he'll have less difficulty transitioning into Mike Holmgren's plans in Cleveland. Colt McCoy's had a rough time of it in Cleveland, but a lot of that is due to the lack of talent around him. If I were Cleveland, I'd go with the safer pick of Richardson, but teams don't always do what the public thinks they should.

We also need at least 2 receivers :sad:

ZAZusmc03
04-19-2012, 10:22 AM
I think Cleveland would be best to take the sure bet on Richardson and grab a WR later in the 1st or early 2nd. That is best case scenario for them in my mind. Let the phags take tannehill and suffer for another 5 years w **** qb play.

CleveSteve
04-19-2012, 01:09 PM
I think Cleveland would be best to take the sure bet on Richardson and grab a WR later in the 1st or early 2nd. That is best case scenario for them in my mind. Let the phags take tannehill and suffer for another 5 years w **** qb play.

My best-case scenario without trades is to take Justin Blackmon and Kendall Wright with their first two picks. Two of the toughest WRs in the draft and the two most-dangerous after the catch, which is ideal for the WCO. This is assuming Cordy Glenn comes off the board before 22.

At RB, take Doug Martin in the second round.

Third or fourth round (2 picks) is RT territory: Schwartz, Massie, Stephenson, Mosley. With the other two picks a WOLB and a CB.

stuckincincy
04-19-2012, 01:20 PM
My best-case scenario without trades is to take Justin Blackmon and Kendall Wright with their first two picks. Two of the toughest WRs in the draft and the two most-dangerous after the catch, which is ideal for the WCO. This is assuming Cordy Glenn comes off the board before 22.

Third or fourth round (2 picks) is RT territory: Schwartz, Massie, Stephenson, Mosley. With the other two picks a WOLB and a CB.

Great

Hardesty and Ogbonnaya will continue to carry the rock and strike fear and make the AFC North competition game plan for that Dynamic Duo. :help!:

CleveSteve
04-19-2012, 01:26 PM
Great

Hardesty and Ogbonnaya will continue to carry the rock and strike fear and make the AFC North competition game plan for that Dynamic Duo. :help!:

Um... did you see where I drafted Doug Martin in the second? :trance:

Here's what Emmitt Smith had to say about Doug Martin:

GAMES SCOUTED: vs. Georgia, Nevada and Arizona State

SMITH'S TAKE: His speed isn't bad, not bad at all. He definitely has enough speed. Did you see him make that jump cut and get forward? I love that. Finishes runs. Nice cut, nice read. Puts his foot in the ground and gets north-south. Tough inside, nice balance, very good vision, patience.

He has very good feet. He's an inside guy -- see how that counter is downhill and he stays inside? His problem is he might be too much of a between-the-tackles runner -- like me [laughs]. Great balance, good core strength. Goes downhill and gets back inside. Strong legs. Good out in open space, he's not taking the big hits. I see the injury risks as pretty low for him, his falls aren't damaging to the body.

This kid has some skills, great read ability and he hits it hard. Patient, creative, willing to take chances. Good run instincts. Holds the ball in right position. Great vision, very good balance and lower center of gravity. I love how he finishes runs. Enough speed, between-the-tackles type of runner. Doesn't go wide for long, gets downhill eventually. Sets up his blocks up pretty well and it takes more than one tackler to bring him down. First hit won't bring him down, it's going to take more than one.

FINAL WORD: Nicknamed the "muscle hamster," Martin is one of my {Dane Brugler} favorite prospects in this draft because no one runs hard with his tough, physical running style. Smith agreed. In fact, he even uttered the words "he might be better than Trent {Richardson}" not only once, but twice. I asked him if watching this No. 22 -- Martin's jersey number, as it was Smith's -- was bringing back any memories. Smith responded simply with, "he's representing extremely well."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story/17870312/emmitt-smith-likes-boises-martin-miamis-miller-at-rb-after-richardson

I'm not trying to say he's better than Trent Richardson, but he'd be an instant upgrade over Hurtesty and OG/BYN. I'll take the best and 3rd-best WR and the 2nd-best RB in the draft over the best RB, the 4th-best RT and the 7th-best WR, thanks.

stuckincincy
04-19-2012, 01:35 PM

CLE scored 218 and gave up 307. First 3 picks are on the offense, followed by some RT pick? I appreciate an offensive perk, but not dropping a nickel to stop getting walked over? McCoy has legs - passer? Use those 2 rookie receivers? We have to see.

CleveSteve
04-19-2012, 01:41 PM
Right.

Cleveland ranked 5th in the league in scoring defense last year.
They ranked 30th in the league in scoring offense.

I have the first three picks and four of the first 6 on the offensive side of the ball.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/sort/totalPointsPerGame/position/defense

stuckincincy
04-19-2012, 01:43 PM
Right.

Cleveland ranked 5th in the league in scoring defense last year.
They ranked 30th in the league in scoring offense.

I have the first three picks and four of the first 6 on the offensive side of the ball.

Game on! :biggrin:

k-oneputt
04-19-2012, 01:46 PM
Massie is going to the Bills in the 2nd rd.

DraftBoy
04-19-2012, 02:18 PM
Massie is going to the Bills in the 2nd rd.

Hope so.

Scumbag College
04-19-2012, 02:42 PM

Or you could use the pad to clean up afterwards.