PDA

View Full Version : Draft Lunch

jdbillsfan
04-18-2012, 03:18 PM
Whaley has a smirk and Buddy doesn't want to talk about him.

Check at :53

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-center/videos/Whaley-and-Cook-on-WR-depth-Floyd-and-Hill/45d1470f-67ea-41f7-aa6c-415c2cff5ef5

Skooby
04-18-2012, 03:23 PM
Hmmm.

Ed
04-18-2012, 03:28 PM
I think the couple videos of Nix and Whaley discussing the LT position and the prospects is pretty interesting.

Thurmal
04-18-2012, 03:44 PM
I really liked that polo that Whaley was wearing, so I went to the team website to look it up. $70. Yeah, how 'bout you blow me, buffalobills.com.

jimbohastle51
04-18-2012, 04:15 PM
In my opinion its pretty obvious now that a tackle will not be drafted at 10 unless matt khalil is there. Michael Floyd or Luke Keuchly looks like the 2 picks unless we trade back.

The Jokeman
04-18-2012, 04:26 PM
In my opinion its pretty obvious now that a tackle will not be drafted at 10 unless matt khalil is there. Michael Floyd or Luke Keuchly looks like the 2 picks unless we trade back.
Ever play poker with Buddy Nix?

Cali512
04-18-2012, 04:41 PM
I love that, Waleys eyes lit up and hes like uhhhh and Buddy just says nope, and then the scout guy seemed to try to cover up by saying, wed like to get him sometime but you dont know what will happen

JCBills
04-18-2012, 04:43 PM

IMO Kirkpatrick and Gilmore are in play, either at #10 or back a few spots.

gonzo1105
04-18-2012, 04:46 PM
Is it possible people are looking too much into this. Buddy is the general manager and Whaley is the pro personnel guy. We didn't go to Michael Floyd's pro day from reports and we didn't bring Floyd in for a visit so it is definitely possible that they deferred to the guy, the college scouting director, to answer the question because he is the one that has been scouting him the whole time. I'm not saying that it doesn't mean anything but it is possible that this was the situation.

baalworship
04-18-2012, 04:47 PM
Yeah, hard to tell. They like Floyd but they did not tip their hand. I assumed Buddy didn't want to talk because Cook was the correct scout for Notre Dame /region?

Cali512
04-18-2012, 04:57 PM
Is it possible people are looking too much into this. Buddy is the general manager and Whaley is the pro personnel guy. We didn't go to Michael Floyd's pro day from reports and we didn't bring Floyd in for a visit so it is definitely possible that they deferred to the guy, the college scouting director, to answer the question because he is the one that has been scouting him the whole time. I'm not saying that it doesn't mean anything but it is possible that this was the situation.

It was never announced who went to his pro day. And he didnt get brought into for a visit, but Spiller wasnt either if i recall.

jimbohastle51
04-18-2012, 08:43 PM

Gilmore will probably be gone before 10 and if he is there he could be a trade back scenario in the making but The team IMO will not take a corner at 10. I am not a professional evaluator of talent but i do a little bit of paying attention and Gilmore, Floyd, Kirpatrick, ALL LEFT TACKLES EXCEPT KHALIL in a row and Floyd is the best player of that bunch. Gilmore is a close second but i genuinely feel he will be gone before 10. Carolina, Jax, or a team trading up with one of those 2. both could use a corner... Just sayin.

jimbohastle51
04-18-2012, 08:45 PM

BTW i know your going to say i am crazy but people will not over draft kirkpatrick. He is going to fall alittle bit just like Jenkins will and Dez Bryant did when he came out. It has ZERO to do with talent but off the field probs will come into play. Remember he will still be fighting charges while he is holding a jersey on stage. late first early second for him IMO.

jimbohastle51
04-18-2012, 08:57 PM
Ever play poker with Buddy Nix?

bud, Buddy Nix doesn't play poker. Him and Gailey pretty much told us they were drafting Spiller with their waterbug comment, and anyone who didn't know had to be blind and deaf to not know it was Cam Newton all the way and marcell dareus was the consolation prize with the 3rd pick last year. Nix made it clear that in THEIR offense Hairston gets the job done (the guy is no all pro but there offense has been built around the 3 step drop and fire) and they will not reach (which EVERY left tackle prospect but Khalil is at 10. the wide receiver class is DEEP and possibly the deepest in the draft. This means people are not giving up next years first to move up to get Floyd. There are 2 top corners and then a couple late first through 3rd guys. Gilmore will probably get alittle overdrafted because of this. look for Jax or Carolina to draft him or trade out with someone that knows the difference between Gilmore and the rest of the pack is substantial. Kuechly is in a league of his own for a 4-3 LB. He is the unquestioned prize if your looking for a 4-3 backer, the problem is that teams are not going to jump up to get a 4-3 LB. Its just not going to happen. They are not going to trade away next years 1st to get him. not when half the league runs a defense he just simply won't excel in. Who knows what happens buy my money is and always has been on Floyd. He not only fits EVERY SINGLE description listed for the proto type receiver Nix is looking for but the guy is even from Minnesota so the cold and wind do not SCARE him! haha!

JCBills
04-19-2012, 09:26 AM
BTW i know your going to say i am crazy but people will not over draft kirkpatrick. He is going to fall alittle bit just like Jenkins will and Dez Bryant did when he came out. It has ZERO to do with talent but off the field probs will come into play. Remember he will still be fighting charges while he is holding a jersey on stage. late first early second for him IMO.

Last I saw weeks ago was the charges were dropped.

Raji had the same problem and went 9th overall.

jimbohastle51
04-20-2012, 12:06 AM
Last I saw weeks ago was the charges were dropped.

Raji had the same problem and went 9th overall.

hey man, power to the people. do what you will, hangout with who you want. When someone is cutting you a check though it can bite you in the rear. Raji was in a league of his own at DT. this is not the same situation. there are players close to Dre's skill set. seriously though, you know you are coming out and entering the NFL draft. why do you do anything other than eat, sleep, train.... and do what your agent tells you to until he gives your mildly educated butt a pen and says sign here congratulations! now i understand that everyone lives there own life and i understand that you can't live in a cave forever but if you told me all i had to do was stay out of trouble for 8 months and i will become a millionaire as long as i do what i do best (which is workout and play football) i think most would pick.. eat, sleep, train, play video games, and watch netflix.... just sayin.

Night Train
04-20-2012, 05:47 AM
They said...NOTHING... in a few thousand words.

Evryone is eating out of their hand.

JCBills
04-20-2012, 09:08 AM
hey man, power to the people. do what you will, hangout with who you want. When someone is cutting you a check though it can bite you in the rear. Raji was in a league of his own at DT. this is not the same situation. there are players close to Dre's skill set. seriously though, you know you are coming out and entering the NFL draft. why do you do anything other than eat, sleep, train.... and do what your agent tells you to until he gives your mildly educated butt a pen and says sign here congratulations! now i understand that everyone lives there own life and i understand that you can't live in a cave forever but if you told me all i had to do was stay out of trouble for 8 months and i will become a millionaire as long as i do what i do best (which is workout and play football) i think most would pick.. eat, sleep, train, play video games, and watch netflix.... just sayin.

Raji isn't Suh. It barely affected his stock, if at all.

And ooook, that still doesn't mean "he will still be fighting charges while he is holding a jersey on stage". Because again, they were dropped.

baalworship
04-20-2012, 09:30 AM
bud, Buddy Nix doesn't play poker. Him and Gailey pretty much told us they were drafting Spiller with their waterbug comment, and anyone who didn't know had to be blind and deaf to not know it was Cam Newton all the way and marcell dareus was the consolation prize with the 3rd pick last year. Nix made it clear that in THEIR offense Hairston gets the job done (the guy is no all pro but there offense has been built around the 3 step drop and fire) and they will not reach (which EVERY left tackle prospect but Khalil is at 10. the wide receiver class is DEEP and possibly the deepest in the draft. This means people are not giving up next years first to move up to get Floyd. There are 2 top corners and then a couple late first through 3rd guys. Gilmore will probably get alittle overdrafted because of this. look for Jax or Carolina to draft him or trade out with someone that knows the difference between Gilmore and the rest of the pack is substantial. Kuechly is in a league of his own for a 4-3 LB. He is the unquestioned prize if your looking for a 4-3 backer, the problem is that teams are not going to jump up to get a 4-3 LB. Its just not going to happen. They are not going to trade away next years 1st to get him. not when half the league runs a defense he just simply won't excel in. Who knows what happens buy my money is and always has been on Floyd. He not only fits EVERY SINGLE description listed for the proto type receiver Nix is looking for but the guy is even from Minnesota so the cold and wind do not SCARE him! haha!

I agree with your idea that Buddy often tells us what we are doing but where did Buddy say no left tackle after Kalil was worth drafting?! He actually said that he sees 2-3 left tackles that could start this year. He also said if a player could start at left tackle he would be worth drafting.

Your idea that no one after Kalil is good is from your take on reading internet draft stuff. I don't think Buddy agrees with you. Also, watch Whaley talk about Cordy Glenn. He mentions he the ability to play left tackle at a high level. I could be wrong on the other tackle the Bills like but most signs point to it being Glenn.

psubills62
04-20-2012, 11:49 AM
I'd be shocked if the Bills hadn't sent some people to ND's pro day.