• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ed
    Dude
    • Sep 2002

Re: Doug Whaley on Martin, Reiff, and Glenn

I kind of got the sense that while they like these guys as players they don't seem convinced that any of them are true LT's. I definitely think it's possible that none of these three are realistically in play at #10.

Comment

• Raptor
      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Ed
      I kind of got the sense that while they like these guys as players they don't seem convinced that any of them are true LT's. I definitely think it's possible that none of these three are realistically in play at #10.

Thats the sense I'm getting also

Comment

• baalworship
        • May 2003

Tune into WGR now. They are saying Bills praised Glenn the most. Bills seemed lukewarm on the other tackles but could were talking about Glenn's size, footspeed, etc.

Comment

• Philagape
          WIN NOW
          • Jul 2002

If you draft a tackle at 10, there must be confidence that he's a long-term, franchise, Pro Bowl-caliber stud on the left side. Any talk that he may be able to play LT but projects better somewhere else is a dealbreaker. There are no guarantees for any player, but that's just too much of a red flag. It's not enough just to be able to start at LT; he has to be a future star there.
          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
          2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Philagape
            WIN NOW
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by baalworship
            Tune into WGR now. They are saying Bills praised Glenn the most. Bills seemed lukewarm on the other tackles but could were talking about Glenn's size, footspeed, etc.
            You can coach a prospect's technique, but you can't make his arms any longer.
            "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
            2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• baalworship
              • May 2003

Whaley on Glenn, "For us, a guy with that size, that type of foot athlete..you play him at tackle...he has chance to produce there at a HIGH LEVEL."

Comment

Working...
              X