X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Jokeman
    • Dec 2003

I hate to admit it but Buscaglia could be right

Taken from his article at http://www.wgr550.com/pages/12876531...entId=10428968

In my opinion, I believe the pick is between Cordy Glenn, Jonathan Martin, Stephon Gilmore and Dre Kirkpatrick. Judging it not only off the way the Bills spoke on Wednesday, but how they've been speaking since the end of the season it seems those would be the four in consideration. While Floyd and Reiff make a lot of sense, it just doesn't look apparent that they fit the mold of a player the Bills are looking for as a first round pick.
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: I hate to admit it but Buscaglia could be right

The closer we get to the draft, the more I'm leaning toward Gilmore.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

Really enjoy Joe's work and I enjoyed this piece but not quite sure I actually know what he means there.
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• The Jokeman
        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by YardRat
        The closer we get to the draft, the more I'm leaning toward Gilmore.
        I hear you as think Gilmore's got the talent to be a great CB but it's frustrating because while agree that we need to start thinking of replacements for an aging McGee and Florence rather we shore up other positions first.

Comment

• Ed
          Dude
          • Sep 2002

How does Floyd not fit what they're looking for? He's the exact kind of WR that Nix has talked about wanting to add. He also said that they want to use the #10 pick on a guy that can be an impact playmaker. And Floyd could easily be the BPA at #10.

Comment

• The Jokeman
            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy
            Really enjoy Joe's work and I enjoyed this piece but not quite sure I actually know what he means there.
            I think he's listening to how the Bills (more specifically Nix) comments on what his looking for in a position and pairing it with what he says about specific prospects. Like the comments Nix makes about quality OTs and way he goes on about Glenn seems like he's talking about one in the same.

Comment

• The Jokeman
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Ed
              How does Floyd not fit what they're looking for? He's the exact kind of WR that Nix has talked about wanting to add. He also said that they want to use the #10 pick on a guy that can be an impact playmaker. And Floyd could easily be the BPA at #10.
              I think Joe is eluding to that comments like the draft is deep and that we're looking for competition reads to me more of finding a guy to bring in versus finding a specific guy to fit a specific need. Let's not forget that the Bills went after Robert Meachem in UFA who's been a wave type WR not a bonafide #2 type guy. I know he's made Megatron type comments before and I don't see Floyd being that type of guy. As Nix talks about being open when covered to me that mirrors a guy like Alshon Jeffery or if look later Jeff Fuller. In other words guys who use their size and are a mismatch when fighting for balls insize the redzone.

Comment

• baalworship
                • May 2003

Listening to WGR now. Buscaglia seems to be saying that he felt the Bills were saying they wanted to address WR later in the draft. Didn't prove anything but his opinion was he could rule out WR as our first pick.

If you look at the Bills website they they have videos of the following up:

Tackles, Cornerbacks, Wide Receivers and the Bills views on them

Comment

• Raptor
                  • Jan 2009

Everything that Ive read on the lunch today kind of lends me to believe that there are no OT's in play at the 10 spot I think this is between Gilmore and Floyd

Comment

• Ed
                    Dude
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Raptor
                    Everything that Ive read on the lunch today kind of lends me to believe that there are no OT's in play at the 10 spot I think this is between Gilmore and Floyd
                    I think trading down is definitely in play too, but like Nix said, it's a lot easier said than done.

Comment

• ThunderGun
                      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by The Jokeman
                      I know he's made Megatron type comments before and I don't see Floyd being that type of guy. As Nix talks about being open when covered to me that mirrors a guy like Alshon Jeffery or if look later Jeff Fuller. In other words guys who use their size and are a mismatch when fighting for balls insize the redzone.
                      I don't know man. The "open when they're covered" comments make me think they have serious interest in Floyd. I like Alshon, and I'd probably take him in the 2nd if Jenkins, Hill, Martin and Adams are gone, but he doesnt exactly have great separation skills.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                        Skoobasaurus-Rex
                        • Oct 2011

Believe half of what you see & none of what you hear this time of year in the NFL.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by ThunderGun
                          I don't know man. The "open when they're covered" comments make me think they have serious interest in Floyd. I like Alshon, and I'd probably take him in the 2nd if Jenkins, Hill, Martin and Adams are gone, but he doesnt exactly have great separation skills.
                          and no one has great seperation skills inside the 5 but guys who can outfight/leap/reach for the TDs to me mean so much more as do O-lineman who can hold the line and let our QB throw for said TD or make the tough run block to spring a guy like Jackson into the endzone. So to me you get the best collection of players and I honestly like a collection of Reiff and Jeffery a whole lot more than Floyd and a LT like Adams and/or Massie.

Comment

• Cali512
                            • Jan 2012

Floyd and Luke seem to be the topic. I dont see CB unless they believe Dre or Gilmores a better player, but everywhere i see Floyd and Luke are higher. I think based on position, its hard to get a non MLB LB in the top 10, and when you get blessed with a WR like floyd, you have to take him.
                            Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • May 2009

Michael Floyd will be the pick if he is there.

Comment

Working...
                              X