PDA

View Full Version : Draft Luncheon Transcript

methos4ever
04-19-2012, 03:00 AM
http://www.wgrz.com/news/article/165998/4/Bills-Pre-Draft-Press-Conference-Transcript

The following is a transcript from the Bills Pre-Draft Press Conference featuring GM Buddy Nix, Assistant General Manager/Director of Player Personnel Doug Whaley and Director of College Scouting Chuck Cook.

The NFL draft is scheduled for April 26-28.

General Manager Buddy Nix Opening Remarks:

This really culminates a year of work for us. These guys and our scouts, it comes down to this. We start out, and I think I tell you this every year, but there are about 2,000 names that we start with to go through and we wind up with, this year we've got 10 picks. It just keeps coming down each time we meet. We eliminate and keep trying to stack them and get them in the right place. You do everything you can to make sure you make all the choices count. You very seldom ever do that but that's the goal. These guys have been, of course Tommy has been working and Doug in free agency and he still keeps up with that. We overlap and do college stuff, he does. And Chuck will do some pro scouting. These guys can help talk about individuals. I will just tell you this, I tell you this every time and you don't listen and you don't believe me, but I'm going to tell you any way. Don't get pinned down by connecting the dots. It's fun, I enjoy reading it but it's fantasy football. It has nothing to do with what we might do. I don't care how many draftniks think that that's where we're going and that's the best pick for us, if that's not the guy we've got graded there, we won't take him. Don't get yourself in a spot where it sounds like you know and then it doesn't work out that way.

jamze132
04-19-2012, 05:41 AM
On which spot LB Luke Kuechly's can play:

Buddy Nix: "He could play all three for us."

There you have it folks!

Mr. Miyagi
04-19-2012, 08:05 AM
Nice try Buddy.

Reiff or Floyd it is. :up:

Ed
04-19-2012, 11:36 AM
I thought this quote was interesting:

On North Alabama CB Janoris Jenkins and if they'd consider him:

Buddy Nix: You know I just would not get into that. But if you mean whether we'll take him or not, ability-wise obviously you would. This is a political answer I'm fixing to give you, but otherwise you wouldn't. You get enough trouble without getting one that you know is a problem.

I think you can cross Jenkins off the list. The way Buddy Nix addressed character concerns also makes me start to wonder if they have concerns about Floyd and won't consider him, since Nix specifically mentioned repeat offenders.