PDA

View Full Version : What will it take in Minnesota???

Phins054
09-10-2002, 09:28 AM
What do you think needs to be done to pull out a win in Minnesota??? Where are the improvements needed (other than kick off coverage)???

Bufftp
09-10-2002, 09:34 AM
Maintain strong running game, controll the ball. The secondary needs to step it up, and linbackers need to be better in short route coverage. Bledso and moulds need to a little more on the same page in regards to reads.

lordofgun
09-10-2002, 09:36 AM
We have to fix special teams.

Patrick76777
09-10-2002, 09:40 AM
We should be able to run on them but I expect them to gear their D toward Stopping it. Which means Henry will be lucky to get 70 yards. but this will open up the passing game. The key to this game will be passing. We need Bledsoe to be sharp.. On D, we need to stop Randy Moss. Duh.

justasportsfan
09-10-2002, 09:41 AM
qb protection. Bledsoe was hit too many times.

casdhf
09-10-2002, 09:47 AM
More Henry

colin
09-10-2002, 09:56 AM
The Vikings have no where near the speed and talent in the front 7 that the Jests have. If they try to key in on the run we will torch them with our wide outs, or even the TE if we feel like it. Chicago is a SLOW team, Minnesota was able to hustle them out of the run game. With our speed and massive line, they will have to stack the box OR cover deep, and we will exploit them either way. They may score as many as 3 TDs and Bennet is very fast, but a turnover or two will destroy them.

Our Special Teams WILL be better.

THATHURMANATOR
09-10-2002, 11:03 AM
I honestly think that the key to the game will be scoring more points then the Vikings do.

Herdwatcher
09-10-2002, 11:15 AM
THATHURMANATOR said it best!! Score more points than they do.

The offense will need to mix it up more in MinneSOTA. The Vikes held Chicago under 50 yards rushing I do believe. They have a 1,000 + yard runner. It's going to be a tough outting for the team.

JayWood
09-10-2002, 11:36 AM
I love the 46 Defense, however one on one coverage down field will be in their favor, not ours. On defense As long as we control Randy Moss, and fluster Cullpepper we should be alright. On the flip side Drew and Moulds need to be on the same page, and I expect JR to finally come into the game plan a bit, especially if the Minnesota defense is able to contain Travis

SABURZFAN
09-10-2002, 12:03 PM
we need to take the crowd out of the game immediately.it's going to be loud.cut down on the turnovers and capitalize on a couple of their turnovers ought to do the trick.

:gobills:

TigerJ
09-10-2002, 12:03 PM
I can't believe the "46" defense is so restrictive that there is not some way for Jerry Gray to give some extra help to the CB who has Moss in coverage. If Buffalo can take away Moss, the Vikings have nothing they can do to adequately compensate. Defensively, the Vikings are not nearly the team that the Jets are. The Bills should be able not only to score points, but engage in some heavy duty ball control.

HenryRules
09-10-2002, 12:43 PM
Unlike the Jets, where I thought shutting down Vinny was the main requirement to winning the game, beating the Vikes is more dependant on how we play as opposed to preventing the Vikes from doing anything. Shutting down Moss would be nice, but not nearly as imperative as it was to shut down Testaverde. Its even possible to give up big yards to Culpepper and still keep the Vikes offense under wraps (his games against Philly, the Saints, and even Tampa attest to the fact its possible to give him his yards but still limit their points).
Another big game for Henry is a definite requirement IMO. There's no better way to take the fans out of the game than to have 6 or 7 minute TD drives built on 4-7 yard carries.
However, I think the most important thing this week is to improve on execution and cut down on the mistakes. Missing snap counts, taking penalties at key times, and missing tackles cost us all over the place on Sunday (offense, defense, and special teams all made these errors). Being a very young team, I think a big improvement can be expected from week to week.

lordofgun
09-10-2002, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by TigerJ
If Buffalo can take away Moss, the Vikings have nothing they can do to adequately compensate.

That's a big IF.

Phins054
09-10-2002, 03:16 PM
Moss will get his...you just have to contain the damage he can do. Moss can have 100+ yds and 2 TDs and the Vikes can still lose the game...just don't let Culpepper get too comfortable and fire to Moss at will...

JefftheBillsfan
09-10-2002, 03:22 PM
I honestly think we ca put up 40 points on the vikes. the bills need to make sure cullpepper doesn't leave the pocket and contain moss as best as possible. i think they should come out as winners. they better...@denver is going to be tough.