PDA

View Full Version : Brady in lots of Trouble next year...

acehole
04-19-2012, 08:23 AM
Thier starting LT retired (matt Light).

He must of seen writing on the wall....

Nate welcome to the NFL.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/25/longtime-patriots-left-tackle-light-expected-to-retire/

ghz in pittsburgh
04-19-2012, 08:37 AM
I guess they can just draft more TEs to fill the LT spot for more options throw at you with different eligible receivers be declared on each sanp...

Just surprised that they didn't address the D at all this off-season. Maybe Brady has all the pulls in that organization with all the wide receivers they sign ...

SquishDaFish
04-19-2012, 08:44 AM
Their best blocking back Faulk is also thinking of retiring

OpIv37
04-19-2012, 08:46 AM
it's the Patriots.

the back-up will come off the bench and be even better than Light.

Cali512
04-19-2012, 09:03 AM
The got Nate Solder, there fine

utmhead
04-19-2012, 09:09 AM
Solder played LT in college for 4 years starter, He player RT last season when Vollmer was hurt, he will be more than fine at LT. He played well at RT, I have no worries about him at LT

ThunderGun
04-19-2012, 09:10 AM
Unfortunately, they had the foresight to draft Nate Solder in the 1st round last year. And Marcus Cannon in the 5th. And Sebastian Vollmer in the 2nd in 2009.

That's how real teams do it. They'll be fine.

stuckincincy
04-19-2012, 09:10 AM
Their best blocking back Faulk is also thinking of retiring

35 years old - 17/57 last season. And Green-Ellis bolted. A guess says that NE grabs a RB earlier than later on day #2.

Cali512
04-19-2012, 09:15 AM
Unfortunately, they had the foresight to draft Nate Solder in the 1st round last year. And Marcus Cannon in the 5th. And Sebastian Vollmer in the 2nd in 2009.

They also got blessed with Joe Montana pt 2 in the 7th round

Cali512
04-19-2012, 09:16 AM
35 years old - 17/57 last season. And Green-Ellis bolted. A guess says that NE grabs a RB earlier than later on day #2.

Im terrified of the day Belicheck gets a RB so good that he actually has to play him

MattyNH
04-19-2012, 09:40 AM
Nate Solder can become much better than Matt Light in the big picture. That has not happened yet but I would suspect he will show a lot of improvement from last year when he got a lot of play time and did fairly well. He got burned a few times but what rookie LT does not.

stuckincincy
04-19-2012, 09:43 AM
Im terrified of the day Belicheck gets a RB so good that he actually has to play him

I know - Antoine Smith and Corey Dillon come to mind.

better days
04-19-2012, 09:48 AM

You are right about that, but this will be the first year since Brady has started for the Pats* that the Bills will have a DL to match up with the Pats* OL.

I expect the Bills DL to win their share of battles against the Pats* OL, Can't wait to see Brady *****ing about that.

ThunderGun
04-19-2012, 09:56 AM
You are right about that, but this will be the first year since Brady has started for the Pats* that the Bills will have a DL to match up with the Pats* OL.

I expect the Bills DL to win their share of battles against the Pats* OL, Can't wait to see Brady *****ing about that.

I agree on that. It'll be interesting to see what we can do with some kind of pass-rush.

justasportsfan
04-19-2012, 09:59 AM
the only time Brady wil be in danger is if Kraft stops owning the refs.

better days
04-19-2012, 10:03 AM
the only time Brady wil be in danger is if Kraft stops owning the refs.

Yeah, we know the Pats* will be holding like crazy without getting called for it, but I still expect to see Brady on his back against the Bills a few times this year.

OpIv37
04-19-2012, 10:03 AM

I wouldn't say that. We had a damn good DL when we had Pat Williams, Sam Adams, and our interchangeable trio of high-motor white boy DE's.

better days
04-19-2012, 10:05 AM
I wouldn't say that. We had a damn good DL when we had Pat Williams, Sam Adams, and our interchangeable trio of high-motor white boy DE's.

That was a good DL, but wasn't Bledsoe the QB at that time?

justasportsfan
04-19-2012, 10:06 AM
the difference back then is that we didn't have a stable offense but the refs were already in preliminary contract talks with Kraft.

OpIv37
04-19-2012, 10:07 AM
That was a good DL, but wasn't Bledsoe the QB at that time?

yeah it was usually the O that kept us from beating the Pats in those days, if I remember correctly. I seem to remember the D slowing them down early in the game, then getting tired when they were on the field for most of the first 20 minutes of the game and falling apart after that.

ThunderGun
04-19-2012, 10:07 AM

I actually just did a little research. In Brady's first year as a starter (2001), we sacked him 12 times in two games.

We've only sacked him 25 times since 2001 though. There were quite a few years where we only sacked him 1 time total. That's pretty bad.

OpIv37
04-19-2012, 10:08 AM
the difference back then is that we didn't have a stable offense but the refs were already in preliminary contract talks with Kraft.

Agreed. In 03 and 04 the O didn't hold up their end of the bargain, which is why we lost more often than not. It was a waste of great D and S/T units.

justasportsfan
04-19-2012, 10:08 AM
Agreed. In 03 and 04 the O didn't hold up their end of the bargain, which is why we lost more often than not. It was a waste of great D and S/T units.
spygate was also alive and kicking

OpIv37
04-19-2012, 10:32 AM
spygate was also alive and kicking

I've always been suspicious of that. For about 6 years starting in '03, the Bills either beat the Patriots or came very close to beating them in the first meeting of the year, then we'd get absolutely demolished in the second game.

I think they whooped us twice one year in that span, but every other year followed the pattern of a close game or Buffalo win in the first game and a debacle in the second game.

It's not proof of anything, but it definitely suggests that they were stealing our signals in the first meeting and using it to their advantage in the second one.

And I try to avoid blaming the officials for a loss (although I'm always willing to criticize them), but the number of calls the Pats get is just absurd. And it's not just when they play us. The questionable calls always seem to go in their favor regardless of who they are playing.

don137
04-19-2012, 10:37 AM
The refs protect Brady more than any other player in the league. A player touches him and he whines, just like Marino, to the referees. The refs probably listen and throw flags just to get the wussy to shut up.

madness
04-19-2012, 10:41 AM
How long is Solder's arms? :::

justasportsfan
04-19-2012, 10:45 AM
And I try to avoid blaming the officials for a loss (although I'm always willing to criticize them), but the number of calls the Pats get is just absurd. And it's not just when they play us. The questionable calls always seem to go in their favor regardless of who they are playing.

the biggest crap was the tuck rule. All of a sudden that rule comes into play when it happened to Brady which would have ended their season. Anyone else ,it wouldn't have been called.

ddaryl
04-19-2012, 11:22 AM
anyone think Matt Light looked at the thought of facing the Bills upgraded DL and thought "I'm too old for this crap"

Bill Cody
04-19-2012, 11:28 AM

Nate welcome to the NFL.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/25/longtime-patriots-left-tackle-light-expected-to-retire/

Keep predicting Brady's demise every year, eventually you'll be correct

ddaryl
04-19-2012, 11:39 AM

This is the year it starts...

better days
04-19-2012, 11:40 AM

I'm looking forward to that happening, & it will happen, time catches up to everyone.

Brady & the Pats* are getting OLD. Wilfork is about the last great player left on that defense, the rest are very ordinary.

Fatwhite02
04-19-2012, 12:32 PM
Solder played LT in college for 4 years starter, He player RT last season when Vollmer was hurt, he will be more than fine at LT. He played well at RT, I have no worries about him at LT

Nate redshirted, played TE a year and then started at left tackle at Colorado.

Night Train
04-19-2012, 12:35 PM
Nate welcome to the NFL.

Good luck. His knock out of college was his slow feet and inability to reach edge rushers.

I'd put Mario Williams over him, with Moats right behind him and tee off.

Blacksheep71
04-19-2012, 12:37 PM
and the Pats also drafted two RBs last year so already have depth here too.

stuckincincy
04-19-2012, 12:55 PM

Wms. played 18 games out of a possible 32 the last two seasons. HOU DC Phillips likes the 3 -4 - but Phillips isn't a dummy - If Wms. could go, he would have been in. His tackling assist numbers are not good.

Sorry, this whole thing about Wms. only visiting BUF, AFAIK, and the quick (expensive - cash outlay, and cap) signing gives me pause.

acehole
04-19-2012, 01:58 PM

This would be an observation and not a prediction.

If I said last week that Matt Light would be retiring ...that would be a prediction.

Try making a post or adding something to the board instead of stalking other posters.

The Jokeman
04-19-2012, 02:35 PM
They took a RB in Round 2 and 3 last year so doubtful they'll take a RB early this year. Yet Mort was talking about the Rams dangling Steven Jackson and felt he could end up in NE ala Antowain Smith and Corey Dillon and one name he didn't bring up Fred Taylor.

The Jokeman
04-19-2012, 02:36 PM
Good luck. His knock out of college was his slow feet and inability to reach edge rushers.

Why not Williams and Merriman?

Night Train
04-19-2012, 02:48 PM
Why not Williams and Merriman?
I thought of that also but the Bills reportedly see him sticking his hand in the ground as a DE and there's the real possibility he might not even make it to opening day.

I'm fine with that scenerio if it can happen.

DynaPaul
04-19-2012, 08:54 PM
Sorry guys but Solder is not better than Light. Solder may be good but not Light good.

Goobylal
04-19-2012, 09:26 PM
Solder will need to prove it first. Last year in week 16, they started Logan Mankins at LT instead of Solder.

methos4ever
04-19-2012, 09:29 PM
I'm hoping Anderson didn't leave his pass rushing magic in NE, because with the attention Mario will get w/RT (and perhaps Gronk) he'll be able to abuse Solder.

jamze132
04-20-2012, 05:15 AM
Every year we talk about Brady and the Patriots are in trouble and every year they kick everyone's asses. It doesn't matter who Belichick throws out their, they are successful.

ParanoidAndroid
04-20-2012, 07:02 AM
Sorry guys but Solder is not better than Light. Solder may be good but not Light good.

Agreed. He's a better athlete and has a higher ceiling, but Light was far and away the better football player.

JohnnyGold
04-20-2012, 07:56 AM
Every year we talk about Brady and the Patriots are in trouble and every year they kick everyone's asses. It doesn't matter who Belichick throws out their, they are successful.

the patriots beat exactly ONE team with a winning record last season - the baltimore ravens in the championship game, who,

a) dropped the game winning td
and
b) shanked the game tying field goal

the patriots, by any and all judges of professional football, should have lost that game.

everyone is so enamored with the patriots, that they fail to see the forest from the trees.

facts:

* they havent won a championship in 8 years, and the ones they did were during spygate.

* tom brady is 35 when the season starts

* since pioli left for kanas city, they are 2-3 in the playoffs

* since pioli left for kansas city, their defense has gone from 11th, to 25th, to 31st in the league

since the patriots last won a super bowl, the pittsburgh steelers have played in 3, won 2 and have a franchise quarterback.

why not be scared of them instead??

jamze132
04-20-2012, 11:37 AM
the patriots beat exactly ONE team with a winning record last season - the baltimore ravens in the championship game, who,

and

the patriots, by any and all judges of professional football, should have lost that game.

everyone is so enamored with the patriots, that they fail to see the forest from the trees.

facts:

* they havent won a championship in 8 years, and the ones they did were during spygate.

* since pioli left for kansas city, their defense has gone from 11th, to 25th, to 31st in the league

since the patriots last won a super bowl, the pittsburgh steelers have played in 3, won 2 and have a franchise quarterback.

We don't have to play Pittsburgh twice a year. We play the Patriots twice a year which has automatically given us a 2 game hole to work against. Yeah we beat them once last year, they still went to the playoffs for the 2785th consecutive year. When was the last time the Bills were in the playoffs? 1999. When was the last time the Bills won a playoff game? 1995. In 1995, Tom Brady was in friggin' high school.

Bill Cody
04-20-2012, 11:41 AM

and

facts:

We're the ****ing Bills. The line forms at the left at who we should be scared of. :help!:

Crisis
04-20-2012, 01:05 PM
Every year people talk about the downfall of the Patriots and they just win and make the playoffs. As long as they have Brady they'll be a top team, even without him they went 11-5 with Matt friggin Cassel.

better days
04-20-2012, 03:36 PM
Every year people talk about the downfall of the Patriots and they just win and make the playoffs. As long as they have Brady they'll be a top team, even without him they went 11-5 with Matt friggin Cassel.

Well, the Pats* once again have the easiest schedule In the NFL so unless Brady is injured & out a long period of time I would expect more of the same this year.

But the Pats* team last year was not as good as the team that went 11-5 with Cassel & I doubt this years team will be either.

jamze132
04-20-2012, 05:59 PM
Well, the Pats* once again have the easiest schedule In the NFL so unless Brady is injured & out a long period of time I would expect more of the same this year.

But the Pats* team last year was not as good as the team that went 11-5 with Cassel & I doubt this years team will be either.
I fully expect the Pats to win at least 10 games, yet again. No reason to think they won't. We are going to have to win 10 as well to have a post season game as I think PIT and BAL are going to win 10 each as well.

ublinkwescore
04-20-2012, 08:31 PM
F the pats.

Goobylal
04-21-2012, 08:10 AM
The Bills should at least split with them again. The Bills are far better than they were last year and the Pats are worse. And the Bills get them at home in week 4, before injuries have a chance to hit hard.

better days
04-21-2012, 08:40 AM
The Bills should at least split with them again. The Bills are far better than they were last year and the Pats are worse. And the Bills get them at home in week 4, before injuries have a chance to hit hard.

It is just a matter of time before the Bills sweep the Pats* With a little luck maybe the time is now.

Goobylal
04-21-2012, 09:43 AM
It is just a matter of time before the Bills sweep the Pats* With a little luck maybe the time is now.
I wouldn't count on it this year. As has happened 4 of the past 8 seasons (4 years straight from 2004-2007), the Bills get the Pats after they come off a bye week. And the game is at the Pats.

better days
04-21-2012, 10:05 AM
I wouldn't count on it this year. As has happened 4 of the past 8 seasons (4 years straight from 2004-2007), the Bills get the Pats after they come off a bye week. And the game is at the Pats.

I'm not counting on it, but wouldn't it be GREAT?

dannyek71
04-21-2012, 10:23 AM
Why? Did they stop selling his favorite hair product?

better days
04-21-2012, 10:32 AM
Why? Did they stop selling his favorite hair product?

Brady takes female hormones to prevent hair loss.

SABURZFAN
04-21-2012, 11:17 AM

Nate welcome to the NFL.

Brady is FAR from being in trouble. Light's retirement was already thought ahead by the Patriots brass. unlike the Bills organization, they know how to run a football team.

TigerJ
04-21-2012, 01:23 PM
It would be foolish for the Bills to depend on the Patriots suddenly becoming terrible in any aspect of the game. The good thing is not Matt Light retiring, but that Buffalo should be very strong across the front four, and depending on who they draft may be plenty strong across the front seven.. It's the fact that any one of three or four starting defensive linemen for the Bills could merit being double teamed, and the offensive team can't double everyone and still put someone in a pass pattern. That's the way it looks on paper at least. Now, the guys who look good on paper are going to have to bring it in the game. If Buffalo does that, then they should be able to compete against the Patriots, or anybody, and win their share of games

acehole
04-21-2012, 03:18 PM
It would be foolish for the Bills to depend on the Patriots suddenly becoming terrible in any aspect of the game. The good thing is not Matt Light retiring, but that Buffalo should be very strong across the front four, and depending on who they draft may be plenty strong across the front seven.. It's the fact that any one of three or four starting defensive linemen for the Bills could merit being double teamed, and the offensive team can't double everyone and still put someone in a pass pattern. That's the way it looks on paper at least. Now, the guys who look good on paper are going to have to bring it in the game. If Buffalo does that, then they should be able to compete against the Patriots, or anybody, and win their share of games

I am stating the the combination of first time starter to one of the best pass rusher in the league might be trouble for brady...

I say it spells trouble.